“Definitely worth a stay!”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #39 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Since I'm an SPG member and was booking three rooms for a family visit to Krakow, I was pleased to find a Sheraton so very close to the Old Town. To make it even easier, I added the breakfast option to ensure that my parents started off our busy days with a great meal.

Well, I must admit the hotel delivered. We had only a short walk each day into the Old Town with great shopping, dining, etc. The rooms were fairly standard but clean and nice. Luckly, we had great views of the river, which was nice. Each morning we enjoyed the diverse options at the buffet although it was crowded a couple of the AMs since there were a couple of companies in town for meetings.

I do know there are probably several local options worth exploring in Krakow but I would recommend that the Sheraton be considered for those travelers looking for the consistency of a starwood property with a great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kaimada
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton for your family trip to Krakow.
I could not agree more - our location is ideal for a morning jog along the Wisla river, to enjoy the pleasant surroundings from our Lounge Bar & the Roof Top Terrace and to have a nice stroll in the heart of the city, through the numerous adorable & romantic streets which make Krakow so magical.
It is also pleasing for us to read your comments about the breakfast at The Olive restaurant, indeed, our Executive Chef and his Team pay a lot of attention to the variety & quality of products, not forgetting how stylishly appointed the buffet is – I am glad you could start the day with this energizing & healthy meal.
We are happy that all of the services and facilities could enhance your Sheraton experience, thank you for kind recommendations. We all hope to welcome you and your family to our welcoming interiors soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Spent 4 nights with our granddaughter showing her the sights of Krakow. The hotel was perfect, situated by the Wawel Castle, the room we had was quiet, unlike other hotels in Krakow as there was no noise from trams. We enjoyed wonderful views of the river from our room. The service from the staff was excellent, especially from the girls serving in the roof top cocktail bar. The breakfast left you wanting for nothing, the choice was amazing. The spa pool area is quite small, but was a definite bonus. The hotel rooms are kept spotless with a housekeeper checking that all is o.k with your room. We enjoyed so much we are returning for 8 days in January/February.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank johnboy12311
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.
Our guests find the hotel location very convenient being situated in the heart of the city and close proximity of the majestic Wawel castle and Wisła river.
The views from the room and from the Lounge Bar & Roof Top Terrace are truly a memorable experience for guests wishing to relax and unwind after a long day.
I am glad you could take advantage of this!
We appreciate your praising comment about our ‘excellent’ Team, feedback that is consistent with many of our guests’ comments.
The Sheraton Krakow Team is always committed in ensuring our guests’ expectations are met and the our property is welcoming and comforting, a home away from home when visiting Krakow.
I will gladly share your feedback with them. We are just a few months away from another stay of yours, please feel sure you will be very much anticipated!

Warm regards

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Ania, Basia and Jakub are the best Front Office Agents!!! I give them 5 stars!!!
The Hotel is beautiful, right next to Wawel Castle, a little walk from Starowka (but it is a great walk:)
Service is fantastic, everybody speaks English so it was easy to communicate. Krakow is the prettiest city in Poland, I defintely reccomend!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mila R

Dear Guest,

It is an absolute pleasure to read your fantastic 5-star review!
I am honored to read our Team, especially Ania, Basia and Jakub looked after you and ensured your stay was both memorable and enjoyable!
Your feedback will surely serve as a wonderful reward to them.
I hope that the Sheraton Krakow will continue to be your home away from home when visiting the charming city of Krakow.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This was a lovely hotel in a beautiful location right across from the Wisla River. Easy walk to Old Town. The hotel room was very nice. Great breakfast buffet and the dinner we had one evening in the restaurant was excellent. The food was great and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail W
Reviewed 31 October 2013

They offer a good hotel in a good location on the river just minutes from the castle. But, they had a problem recognizing the AAA rate I got using the Sheraton website, so the reception staff made me bring down my confirmation after I checked in despite the correct rate showing in their system 'so they could show the accounting staff.' Didn't ruin my trip but did dilute the pleasure I got in staying there. They did offer a comfortable bed in a nice sized room with great pillows and access to computers in their lobby. Rooms were always kept clean. Interestingly, there were only two chairs in the lobby for visitors and guests waiting for day tour pick up.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foggySanFrancisco
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
I am happy to read that our location and hotel facilities are to your liking.
Sheraton Krakow enjoys a wonderful and central location and having Wawel castle and Wisła river just meters away is a benefit for our guests. We are always glad to see that our guests do take advantage of this.

When it comes to the rate issue – I am concerned reading your remarks.
The AAA rate is available for online booking and our Front Office associates should be familiar with it. I am sorry if they conveyed a different impression during check in and please accept my sincere apologies if this caused any inconveniences to you.
The other thing that comes to my mind on this occasion is that most likely our Front Desk Team may have asked you to present the proof of membership, which is required to be shown upon check in. This document entitles you to make the reservation on this particular rate and without it, rate becomes invalid and best available rate applies.
Rest assured that I have raised this topic with our Front Office Manager and we will certainly review this subject with our Team.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon, when business or leisure purposes bring you back to Krakow.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am staying in this hotel during every single stay in Krakow only because it's Sheraton. During this stay customer service was good - significantly better than during previous stays. I got a room that I was asking for. Room is typical Sheraton standard. Clean & comfortable, not much to add. There is very nice roof bar on the 5th floor. Unfortunately I was not able to find any vegetarian meal, after I received another menu that is more extensive, contains vegetarian meal and other same meal was in some cases about 10PLN cheaper... In past months during previous stays I was having real issue in this hotel - every single time I was getting assigned room for disabled persons which was not providing good feeling to me. I was paying full rate and when I was claiming this they did not change my room - just assured me that next time it will not happen anymore... it happened several times in roll until previous visit when front office representative told me that it's marked in my hotel profile that I request room for disabled persons and that is a reason why it's always assigned to me. I guess someone form front office staff did it after I was complaining... This time after my hotel profile (which I never seen personally) was fixed and I received regular room. Location is good - even not the best as there is some walking distance to old town square. It's not so far and 15 minutes’ walk is sufficient. However there are hotels much closer in old town area or at Galeria Krakowska shopping mall area. If you do not mind walking little bit than location is good. Hotel transportation to Balice airport (KRK) is 80PLN which is surprisingly cheaper than if you take taxi from airport to hotel (they charge you 89PLN). So I prefer always to order hotel transportation even difference in price is minor still it's slightly cheaper and the car is much better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Martin P
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and continued loyalty to the Sheraton Krakow.
You comprehensive feedback referring to your previous and recent experience at our hotel is highly appreciated.
I am glad that the hotel location and in particular - the room were to your liking, but I was concerned to read your comments about the room assignments
in the past. In fact I have asked our Front Office team to look into this, as there may have been a preference in the past for such an accommodation preference and linked to your profile. This may also arise from preferences linked to stays in other Starwood Hotels worldwide.
I am very sorry that it caused so much confusion and made you feel ill at ease, that is definitely not what we are aiming to achieve since comfort of our guests is of utmost priority.
Therefore please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that our Team and I always remain at your disposal if any assistance is needed.
When it comes to our menu available at the Roof Top Terrace, please note – that we offer our guests terrace menu with few vegetarian options and, for those wanting to expand selection of dishes offered, the menu of The Olive restaurant and SomePlace Else Bar and well.
I have passed your remarks to our F&B Team so that they can consider your feedback for further assessment.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Sheraton Krakow Hotel. Rest assured that our Team will do their best to provide you with an even better experience during your forthcoming visits!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 weeks on a business trip in August. It's a typical American style chain hotel. Main reason I stayed here was the excellent gym and the perfect location on the river next to the castle, great for jogging. It's expensive for Krakow, and it has no local charm, so I probably would stay elsewhere if I were on vacation and spending my own money. Also, the food in the hotel is terrible and overpriced, there are many great cheap restaurants within 5 min walk. They charge extra for Internet, which most hotels in Krakow provide gratis.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Louie_Chicago_123
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and the Tripdvisor community.
I am glad that our location in close vicinity of Wawel castle and Wisla river, just a short walk away from Market Square were appreciated and that the modern equipment at Fitness by Core Performance are so much to your liking.
On the other hand I feel concerned reading that not all of your expectations were met during the visit particularly referring to the quality of food.
The culinary Team takes pride in preparing a vast array of culinary delights to suit all preferences and we consider our food offering to be of very good standard, indeed one of our unique selling points. It is disappointing for us that you did not experience this, our Culinary Director would have been happy to receive your dish was arranged accordingly to your preferences.
Guest satisfaction is indeed a priority for our team.
Kindly note that internet charges are applicable to some of our rate codes however kindly note that we do offer a secure and safe bandwidth at 59 PLN / 1 day. With this charge guests can connect up to three devices at the same time. Additionally complimentary WiFi connection is available in all our public areas and our Link@Sheraton® which offers guests a comfortable setting to connect online whilst also taking advantage of our computers and printer, all available free of charge.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Sheraton hotel once your travel or business brings you back to Krakow.
Should you feel the need to reach out to me directly please do not hesitate to contact me via email (gsc.krakow@sheraton.com). if I can be of any assistance.