“Wonderful stay-fantastic management”

Ranked #39 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
SouthAfrica
“Wonderful stay-fantastic management”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We checked in and were whisked off to our suite as though we were royalty.
A HUGE fruit platter with wine and chocolates awaited us in the room.
Decor simple but comfortable.The suite was really large and there were no issues with space at all.
The view of Wawel castle was stupendous . The amenities were more than adequate and the products supplied were of good quality.
The hotel , restaurant and club room, well equipped gym-as a matter of fact one of the best I have seen in Europe-was clean and very well run.
The management( GM) I noticed over the course of our 4 days stay introduced herself to guests continuously and did rounds with her various managers ensuring all was ship shape.
Well done to the management of this hotel....they DO ensure guests are well cared for through well trained staff and basically understanding the business they are in, which is the hospitality game-and one they excelled at.

Room Tip: Choose the 3rd floor corner suite...excellent view of Wawel castle
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robin F
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We really found your interesting review very compelling.
I’m glad you have noticed all the small details the ‘well trained staff’ and myself pay attention to.
We believe that small things matter and therefore set the highest priority to do our best to make sure that our guests experiences memorable 5-star service and thoroughly enjoy their stay with us. I hope you will keep the warm memories of Sheraton Krakow Hotel and having that in mind – will return soon with the next visit.

Best regards,

Sheraton Krakow Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have not seen other hotels in Krakow but this one where I am staying right now won my heart. I am going to be here for 4 whole weeks and let's see how it goes. For now, I love it here. Great room (Although not river facing, river facing has a great view outside), the temperature is controlled inside the hotel so no need to wear any winter clothing inside and the cleanliness is mind blowing.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the River
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nashrockshere
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

And so has your review won our hearts!
Thank you very much, we hope you are truly enjoying your time with us and that we will continue to fulfill your expectations through entire stay, as your comfort & satisfaction is our priority. Please let us know if there is anything we could assist you with – simply dial 1000 from your hotel room and reach out to our Sheraton Krakow Hotel Team, they will surely do their best to meet your needs.
I don’t know if you have already visited our recently opened for this season Roof Top Terrace & Lounge Bar located on the 5th floor of our hotel, I am sure you will love the views and atmosphere of this amazing place on map of Krakow!

Best regards,

Sheraton Krakow Hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff at the hotel, especially Jan, for making my birhday stay and celebrations such a joy! We stayed for three nights, had an amazing room. Breakfast was fab, the club lounge fantastic and was really made to feel very special. The birthday cake on arrival was a lovely surprise. The hotel is wonderfuil and in a great location. I woudl recommend this hotel to all that visit the beautiful city of Krakow!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deirdre980
cork
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Returned yesterday from a 3 day stay at the Sheraton Krakow. 1st impressions of the hotel were good. Warm, welcoming and busy. Check in was dealt with swiftly and we were allocated rooms on the 4th floor with a castle view. Rooms were very big with a huge v comfy bed. Plasma screen tv with about 5 English speaking channels tea/coffee making facilities (only 2 small milk cartons though I presume u could ask for more), free water but only 1 bottle (in a double room) mini bar, easy to use safe. Bathroom fine good size bath with plenty of toiletries/bathrobe Lobby v nice with views down to the olive restaurant. Didn't use the gym or spa but had a look and they seemed good enough. Didn't eat at hotel breakfast is v expensive but there are plenty of places in the square that do it for quarter of the price of the sheraton. Drank in the sports bar v good service v pleasant staff behind the bar and multiple bowls of popcorn. Again didn't eat here but menu looked v good with great choice. Sheraton is only a few minutes walk to the old square with its vast amount of bars and restaurants. Food v reasonable. We ate in the Pod Waevel (I think this is the name) right beside the castle great atmosphere excellent service had 4 mains and about 10 beers (4 of us) and it cost approx €25 per couple - try the pork knuckle delicious. Also ate at Sioux on the square - excellent steaks. Ate in a lovely place in the Jewish quarter ( it might have been called nova something). Everything is within walking distance but we nearly always got a cab home Went to Auswitz by cab( we asked several cab drivers to quote and we went with the cheapest cost 300 zlotys which is about 75€. Excellent trip with great guide (wear comfy walking shoes). 2 good shopping centres the better one being beside the train station. Clothes approx same as home a lot of the same shops. All in all a very enjoyable city break with a wonderful hotel with excellent staff to come back and rest the weary bodies.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank corkgirl40
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton hotel for 3 nights in January, the hotel, is lovely, the rooms are spacious and the breakfast was very nice, lots of options. Buying a drink in the bar very expensive. Don’t pay for a river/castle view like we did, the view was of the decorative wall outside the hotel. My biggest gripe is that the hotel swiped by debit card and held almost two times the value of our stay, then when we paid at the end of our stay they did not release the held amount. It took me two weeks and 7 phone calls before I get the money released. and this was only when Visa Debit stepped in and paid the funds into my account, Visa debit then chased the hotel for the payment. Did the hotel care, not a jot. still waiting for an apology from the manager of the hotel. Beautifull hotel, but holiday spoiled by the lack of responce from the hotel.

Room Tip: be very aware what the hotel hold on your card and dont have room 210 or 212, no view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irene b
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing us your feedback following your recent visit to Krakow and our hotel.

It makes me sad to read that you have left our hotel having a bad impression in regards to the preauthorization process done during the check-in.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, I do understand that this situation was very uncomfortable for you.

Despite our intentions and efforts I understand that this releasing of the block on your credit card took much longer than anticipated. In reality, this is something that the hotel has no control over and is purely dependent on the respective bank. It can take anything from two days to a week or longer depending on the bank itself.

Dear Guest I also would like to mention that associates from our accounting department were in touch with you and also with the bank.
Furthermore I have reached out to your personally to conclude this matter to your satisfaction.

I trust that our efforts are well received and that this incident will not deter you from visiting our hotel again in the future.

Wishing you all the best and looking forward to welcome you soon,

England
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The excellent service started before our arrival for my partners 50th birthday. The staff were wonderful in helping to make this stay special.

The valentine dinner was exceptional never tasted anything like it!

The choices for breakfast our extensive and of very good quality, food to suit everyone. This hotel is a must!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chanel077
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I just check out after 4 nights here. Very nice hotel. Rooms are big enough and also very comfortable beds. King size are incredibly big ;))
I'm going to stay here as well in the next 2 weeks.
You can get fabulous breakfast, multiple choices and type of food. Smoothies are the best :)

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wojciech Z
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest

I very much appreciate you took yourself the time to share feedback about your stay with us!
We are especially glad you liked the selection at breakfast, as our Team puts a lot of emphasis into this.
Definitely our signature Sweet Sleeper Beds can make a night to remember. The convenient mattress, cozy douvet and variety of pillows - perfect setting for an afternoon nap or comfortable night sleep after a long day.
It makes me extremely happy to see that an experienced traveller like yourself, rates our services so highly.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon in Krakow.

Warm regards,