“Best Hotel in Krakow”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #39 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stay two days at the Sheraton Krakow hotel.
The hotel's an excellent location at the foot of the palace, and we got a room overlooking the amazing view of the palace and the river. (307)
The room is large, bright and comfortable.
Hotel staff friendly, welcoming and an excellent service. It should be noted the professional management of general manager Mrs. Angela Saliba (That's a few days after our departure, sent us a letter of thanks for our stay in the hotel) and to Mrs. Barbara Lubowiecka group&event manager, that was I guess, responsible for the hotel 10th anniversary celebration, that was during our stay, including a giant cake in form of a double bed,Placed in the lobby.
Breakfast is rich and delicious and served in good taste.
The roof-top bar overlooking the river and the city, giving pleasant and romantic atmosphere.
Town Square, the Jewish Quarter are within walking distance.
It should be noted the efficient service of transportation from the airport on arrival, and the ride to the train station the day of departure, including Antonio's personal escort up into the train car.
Highly recommend

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Rony,

We are so grateful for the rewarding comments and scores, could not thank you enough.
Receiving a praising opinion like yours from an experienced guest like yourself is really a quintessence of work and efforts of entire Sheraton Krakow Hotel Team & myself invested on a daily basis. How nice to see you were a part of our special celebration, indeed the 10th anniversarry of the hotel opening was a special moment – surely enhanced with the activities arranged in different hotel areas, bars, restaurants and impressive cake – in shape and original size of our Sweet Sleeper Bed- located right in the middle of the atrium and lifted by the balloons, glad you liked it.
Will surely share your wonderful feedback with Barbara who was actively participating in the Open Day event, I am sure she will be very pleased for being recognized by you.

There is nothing more for us to be desired than to welcome you again to Sheraton Krakow Hotel, gathering place on map of Krakow.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Krakow

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spent 5 days in the Krakow Sheraton. Overall very nice experience, very friendly staff who recommended us good restaurants. The bar on the roof is also very nice. However the closing time is a little bit to early (23h30 for the last drink ...).

1  Thank Suivez-Nous
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for the lovely feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the time in Krakow and at Sheraton Krakow Hotel.
I guess the time flies fast when discovering beauty of the city from our Lounge Bar on the Roof Top Terrace perspective,it is indeed a pity that our closing time was a little too early…
Thank you for pointing that out - we took your remark into consideration and we will change the opening hours soon.
We all look forward to your next visit – until then – safe travels!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Good points:
1) great location. Everything is within walking distance except to the Jewish town. When y walk put of the hotel, y can see the beautiful river and the cathedral.
2) excellent breakfast, bothy I. Selection and quality.
3) open and attractive lobby. Friendly staff.
Great lounge, both food and service,
4) good gym.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room. To a club room to include breakfast and lounge access. It is worthwhile.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely appraisal of your stay.
It is most rewarding to see that you appreciated our facilities & services, clearly you have explored our hotel well!
If we may suggest next points that, we hope, would deserve to be on the list are surely SomePlace Else sports bar and our Lounge Bar & Roof Top Terrace.
Having that in mind – we hope that your current experiences will prompt you to return to our hotel and discover some more of the welcoming atmosphere, delicious cuisine and all the best that Sheraton Krakow has to offer.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Close to the river and the old city - lots to see/do within walking distance.
Good amenities and service - club lounge, sports bar, restaurant food is quite good - and excellent gym and pool.
Staff are nice as well as efficient and professional.

My second stay and I will keep going back.

Only drawback - it seems to be very popular so can be hard to get in and is usually pretty busy.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were a family of three staying for 3 nights in the Wawel Suite and Room 460.
The Wawel Suite was amazing value for the price we paid with every comfort imaginable.
We dined twice in the hotel, once in the sports bar and once on the roof top terrace. Both meals were wonderful and we were able to choose from the Olive restaurant menu. The location is perfect, very close to the river and castle and a 15 minute walk from the square.
We have stayed in many lovely hotels around the world but what makes this one stand out are the wonderful staff. They are all very friendly, courteous and nothing is too much trouble.
Krakow and the Sheraton are perfect for a short break in a beautiful city. The palace and castle are a must to visit and a trip to the salt mine is recommended. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the river and request a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We were just in Krakow for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed the Sheraton Krakow. From the wonderful fresh smelling flowers when you walk in, to the free extensive breakfast buffet, this was a great resting place. We sat up on the top floor lounge which was both outdoor and covered and heated. There was also a sports bar that was difficult to find right off the lobby. The rooms are large with all appointments you need when traveling from a very comfortable bed to a great view of the river. Easy 10 minute walk to the famous Square and 80 minute drive to Aushwich. Krakow was a great surprise. It was lush and green with rolling hills and looked like Virginia, USA. The people were very kind at the Sheraton and spoke great English. High end tour companies were using the hotel, so I imagine it's the nicest hotel in Krakow. Great for groups, business, families and couples.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked a room with a king size bed, and when I arrived, I was happy to have a room on the 5th floor with a view of the castle (Room 535). Nice enough room, amazing bed. Can't say enough about the quality of the beds.

Unfortunately, when I tried to go to sleep, that's when I started to hear the noises from the next room. Strange noises. Creaking noises that would go away and then come back louder and louder. I figured it would stop, but every time I would start to drift off, it would come back and wake me up.

I called down to the front desk at around 2:30am, and he said he said maybe it was a TV or something next door and he would send someone up to check. I told him I didn't think it was a TV but I thanked him and waited. The noises never stopped, but I never heard back from the front desk. A half hour later I called down and he said that he had sent someone up and that there was a TV that was set to turn on remote, but they had turned it off. I told him the noise was still there. He said he could move me to another room.

He sent someone up to give me a key to another room. The man delivering the key did not apologize for the inconvenience, did not offer to help with my bags (that's fine, I could manage, but I would have appreciated some courtesy). I asked him what was next door, and he told me it was the service elevators and they sometimes make noise. Sure enough, when I went to look next door it was not another hotel room but a closed off room that housed the service elevators.

I was quite upset as I felt the front desk had lied to me. Nobody "turned off the TV" that was making the noise, because there was no TV making noise to turn off. I guess he hoped I would fall asleep and forget about the noise. As I imagine they've had complaints from other guests staying in this room, I'm pretty sure he was aware of what was causing the noise. I don't think this room should be sold unless they can solve the noise issue with the service elevators.

I packed up all my stuff and moved down a couple floors to my new room. 2 double beds and no more view (only a view of the indoor courtyard of the hotel.) No big deal on the view, but a bit disappointing on the bed as I had booked the King well in advance. I was told that I'd be able to switch rooms again the next day, but as I had tours booked all day the next day, I was not able to arrange that and nobody contacted me about it. When I did arrive back to the hotel after my tours the next day, my room had not been turned down (perhaps house keeping was not informed I had moved).

So, that was quite disappointing. If you stay here, ask not to be put in a room next to the service elevators. More disappointing was the service.

Good things about the hotel... GREAT beds. SO comfortable. Good gym in the basement (if this is important to you, I'd guess you won't find another hotel in Krakow with this good of a gym). Also has a small-ish pool (a bit small for lap swimming but would be great for running in pool). The food was good and room service polite and quick. Beautiful view of the castle and river from the 5th floor terrace bar.

And then there are few things that are pretty consistent with mid to higher end hotels like Sheratons that, while common, are nonetheless disappointing. It was $16/day (99 Zloty for 2 days) for in-room wi-fi. There was no coffee maker in the room, just a kettle and some packets of instant coffee. You could call down to the kitchen for them to send up a "Free" pot of brewed coffee, but you had to pay a $3 delivery charge. There are no accessible outlets bedside, unless you unplug a lamp. I'm not sure why almost all cheaper hotels are able to get these things right (free wi-fi, coffee maker in room, outlets near bed so you plug in your phone), but hotels that you pay a premium for seem to want to nickel and dime you on.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a stay in Krakow unless you are there on business and having meetings in the hotel, or a gym is important to you, or you maybe just like to have a Sheraton experience no matter where you stay (those beds are wonderful!). I booked a couple of nights here in the middle of long trip just because I wanted to be sure to get a couple of nights of good sleep and a bit of comfort, but unfortunately that didn't work out so well.

Otherwise, I think you can find a really nice room in Krakow with more personable service at a much better price (and closer to Main Square).

Room Tip: Avoid room 535 unless you are a heavy sleeper. I was awoken repeatedly by the noises of the service...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Devon T
sheratonKrakow, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Krakow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It seems that your experience fell far short of the service we aim to provide and I am very sorry to read that. The entire Team & myself would very much like to rebuild your trust in the Sheraton Krakow Hotel.

We have investigated your complaint and will now reach out to you directly to apologize personally for this incident.

We hope to invite you to give us another chance to demonstrate that we really are a first class property of truly 5* standards.