2,350 results
All reviews the club lounge wawel castle olive restaurant rooftop bar vodka bar old town vistula river main restaurant the main square deluxe room excellent hotel breakfast buffet minute walk town square beautiful city salt mines jewish quarter
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Visited Krakow in October for a weekend city break, and really enjoyed it. Travelled into the Hotel from airport on Krakow Shuttle, (mercedes minibus) booked over the internet. Certainly not disappointed by the Sheraton, and as a regular international business traveller, I would rate the hotel as a medium grade 4 star, but for Krakow it is most probably a 5 star. Check-in was totally effortless, and the hotel staff throughout our stay were helpful and polite. My wife and I did not eat in the Hotel, choosing to hit the sights from early morning till evening and eat (on the run) in town. We skipped the hotel breakfast and had breakfast in the restaurants in the town, I would recommend the Metropolitan or Scandale for breakfast, both within a minutes walk of the main square. I'm a cholestorol ruin, my wife is a healthy eater, but we both found the breakfasts equally satisfying, with enough choice for both of us. For dinner, no recommendations, just go for it, the choice of venues either on the square or within 100 yards of the main square is excellent, and we never had a single complaint in any restaurant we visted. (And we are quite fussy). Service great, prices excellent.
The Hotel itself has very good amenities, but we were on a tight time schedule, so never really got the chance to use them. I did abuse the sport bar when the wife went to bed however, which is a lovely bar by any standards worldwide, and my wife thought that chilling with a Cappucino and nibbles in the Qube Bar was the best coffee in town. The Qube has ice creams and cocktails to die for! I'm a smoker, and enjoyed relaxing in the bar at night with a cigarette and a beer, my wife is a non-smoker, and never noted any issues at all with smoke in the public areas or Qube bar (and she would complain if it was justified), so I cannot support previous reviews and comments about the smell of smoke everywhere, that is simply unfair and not justified in such a very spacious and very well air conditioned Hotel such as this. Our room was comfortable, absolutely no complaints whatsoever. We had a deluxe room overlooking the river with the castle on the left. 10 minutes walk to the castle, wonderful and definitely worth a visit. Easy 15 minute stroll to the main square Rynek Glowny along a well lit commercial main street and across a well lit park garden (about a 2 minute walk) right into the road to the square. Never felt uncomfortable strolling back to the Hotel after a night out, even at 1 am in the morning on a Saturday night. The Hotel is in an excellent location for the Town and castle, and can organise trips to the major external tourist areas, with pick-up from the front door. Krakow is wonderful. My wife and I visited Prague in May 2009 and really loved it, but in honesty we preferred Krakow. Would visit both again, and intend to do so next year. If you want to pick a very good Hotel to stay in Krakow, you should look no further than the Sheraton. We will definitely vist Krakow again and stay there again.
For local details in Krakow, go on the internet and look at (--) . Gives you a chance to plan ahead for your Krakow schedule.

3  Thank TravelTrollKent
Reviewed 29 October 2009

A visit to the old city of Krakow is made perfect by staying at the Sheraton. Superb hotel, great staff, breakfast to die for and easy to reach the old city, walk by the river and also relax in the bar with a vodka, altogether perfect.

Reviewed 17 October 2009

Lovely place to stay....so close to everything! Tour pick-ups at the hotel, easy walk into Old Town and to the Castle. Used the hotel airport service, food was great, rooms are a perfect size, and staff was friendly and very helpfull! Would stay there again!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank SherryB2
Reviewed 15 October 2009

My wife and I enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Sheraton Krakow. The staff are very helpful, the rooms luxurious (especially the beds), the interior has an attractive atrium design and there is a fitness centre with small swimming pool.
The hotel is quite well situated near to Wawel Castle and the old town is only 5-10 minutes walk away.
The breakfasts are expensive at 90 zlotis (about £20) but we thought the room rates very good value.

1  Thank Oyez
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Very friendly check in. Location is great, a 5min walk from the city center. The room was comfy with a nice view. I loved the restaurant (great food and service) and bar, very friendly staff. I'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo