2,379 results
All reviews the club lounge wawel castle olive restaurant rooftop bar vodka bar old town vistula river main restaurant deluxe room the main square breakfast buffet is excellent hotel minute walk beautiful city town square salt mines jewish quarter
Reviewed 21 January 2010

This is a great hotel if you are looking for somewhere comfortable, clean, warm and central in Krakow. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. Nice pool too. The room was a good size with a nice bathroom. It is definitely not the most stylish hotel in the world (think garish carpets and naff side tables) and breakfast is extortionate (although very good!). Would definitely come again.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LondonCC
Reviewed 22 December 2009

This is an excellent hotel. The location is pretty good - less than a ten minute walk from the central square - and the facilities are modern and well maintained. We had a "King" room, which was large and well equipped, with a nice view over the river. The breakfast was excellent and the vodka bar was worth a visit. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2009
1  Thank UKScientist
Reviewed 14 December 2009

It was very nice to be picked up and dropped off at the airport by the Sheraton car service, cost is 80 zloty each way.

Although not inside the old town, the hotel is very close to Wawel castle and a 6-8 minute walk to Rynek Glowny. Even the walk to Kazimierz was easy. There is a grocery store (Jubilat) very close by and ATM machines just a 1-2 minute walk from the hotel.

The rooms are nice size with high ceilings and some have very nice views of the river and castle.

The club room offers beer and wine. The breakfast is essentially the same as the restaurant buffet except no made to order eggs (can be ordered, and then brought up from the restaurant). Evening canapes were actually quite tasty and they offer two hot entrees. Included with the club room was free wireless internet and one item of clothing that can be cleaned per stay.

The gym was quite nice with two bikes, a stairmaster, an elliptical and 4 treadmills. There are multiple weight stations, some free weights as well and dumbells. A small indoor pool is also available.

Service was efficient, but not especially friendly nor warm. Fewer smiles than usual at a Sheraton.

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank calster
Reviewed 8 November 2009

This was my second stay at the Krakow Shereton over the summer and though it is a bit of a walk (10 min or so) to Stare Miasto, it is right next to Wawel Castle and right on the Vistula River. The hotel is probably the nicest hotel in Krakow if you're used to a modern 4-5 Star Hotels when traveling in Europe, there are no hidden secrets here. The rooms are very nice, clean and if you're facing the river, very scenic. The staff is nothing but attententive, the restaurants are solid if you're not looking for regional cusine. The Sports Bar serves up decent 'American Comfort Food' and the main lobby restaurant has a very good breakfast buffet. I'm sure there are other very good hotels in Krakow, but if you want to be pretty sure what you're getting when traveling to Krakow, I would highly recommend this hotel for consistancy and will always be the place I stay here unless something else came up that was better, which I just haven't seen yet.....

Date of stay: August 2009
1  Thank LVegasJohn
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Visited Krakow in October for a weekend city break, and really enjoyed it. Travelled into the Hotel from airport on Krakow Shuttle, (mercedes minibus) booked over the internet. Certainly not disappointed by the Sheraton, and as a regular international business traveller, I would rate the hotel as a medium grade 4 star, but for Krakow it is most probably a 5 star. Check-in was totally effortless, and the hotel staff throughout our stay were helpful and polite. My wife and I did not eat in the Hotel, choosing to hit the sights from early morning till evening and eat (on the run) in town. We skipped the hotel breakfast and had breakfast in the restaurants in the town, I would recommend the Metropolitan or Scandale for breakfast, both within a minutes walk of the main square. I'm a cholestorol ruin, my wife is a healthy eater, but we both found the breakfasts equally satisfying, with enough choice for both of us. For dinner, no recommendations, just go for it, the choice of venues either on the square or within 100 yards of the main square is excellent, and we never had a single complaint in any restaurant we visted. (And we are quite fussy). Service great, prices excellent.
The Hotel itself has very good amenities, but we were on a tight time schedule, so never really got the chance to use them. I did abuse the sport bar when the wife went to bed however, which is a lovely bar by any standards worldwide, and my wife thought that chilling with a Cappucino and nibbles in the Qube Bar was the best coffee in town. The Qube has ice creams and cocktails to die for! I'm a smoker, and enjoyed relaxing in the bar at night with a cigarette and a beer, my wife is a non-smoker, and never noted any issues at all with smoke in the public areas or Qube bar (and she would complain if it was justified), so I cannot support previous reviews and comments about the smell of smoke everywhere, that is simply unfair and not justified in such a very spacious and very well air conditioned Hotel such as this. Our room was comfortable, absolutely no complaints whatsoever. We had a deluxe room overlooking the river with the castle on the left. 10 minutes walk to the castle, wonderful and definitely worth a visit. Easy 15 minute stroll to the main square Rynek Glowny along a well lit commercial main street and across a well lit park garden (about a 2 minute walk) right into the road to the square. Never felt uncomfortable strolling back to the Hotel after a night out, even at 1 am in the morning on a Saturday night. The Hotel is in an excellent location for the Town and castle, and can organise trips to the major external tourist areas, with pick-up from the front door. Krakow is wonderful. My wife and I visited Prague in May 2009 and really loved it, but in honesty we preferred Krakow. Would visit both again, and intend to do so next year. If you want to pick a very good Hotel to stay in Krakow, you should look no further than the Sheraton. We will definitely vist Krakow again and stay there again.
For local details in Krakow, go on the internet and look at (--) . Gives you a chance to plan ahead for your Krakow schedule.

Date of stay: October 2009