“Great restaurant”

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #39 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 8 August 2006

This is a newish hotel right by the river and the castle. Staff are very friendly and helpful even if one guy did not know we needed to pay our parking fee before we left the car park and we blocked everyone else in whilst it got sorted. Secure car park garage is a plus. The huge atrium floods the public area with light and this is where breakfast and meals are served under umbrellas to give a bit of privacy. There is a large no smoking area too. Food in the evening was surprisingly good- try the veal liver starter! Italian with a Polish twist and breakfast was plentiful and varied.
Our room overlooked other parking at the back as well as the Castle but was a good size and with a well equipped bathroom including washing line, iron and ironing board which you don’t always get in 5*. Plenty of wardrobe space and comfy beds though the aircon was a bit loud (ear plugs sorted that). Free web access too.
The fitness centre is well equipped and there is a small swimming pool for exercise. I preferred to get a massage! Best deep tissue massage I have ever had and only 135 zloty
We did a couple of less usual things in Krakow- visited the Aircraft museum on Jana Pawla II full of Migs and other mysteries from our post-war childhoods about 6 miles away by car or you could go on a tram! Also having seen their kitsch Trabant advertising it in the street nearby the hotel booked us a Communist tour with Crazy guide which was fascinating. My DK guide book did not turn out to be very reliable for opening times and if you want to see the Castle it seems like you need to book unless you are on a guided tour.

3  Thank christel
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Krakow

A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool England
Reviewed 10 July 2006

Very good hotel.I stayed with a large family group. The four rooms I saw were all excellent, very clean,spacious with good views of the castle and river.The breakfast was good although I didn't care for the bacon and making your own toast was a pain.Our meal in the Olive was great value and tasty. The staff were helpfull and friendly ,except for one.
Three of my group decided to watch the first seni-final of The World Cup in the large bar called SomePlace Else.We were refused entry by the doorman as it was full of locals.The manager told me I had to book seats in advance ,but there is no mention of this anywhere in the hotel literature. After complaing we were admitted. I booked for the second semi but h he insisted we get there one hour before kick off.We arrived 45 mins before -it was over half empty until just before kick off.When I pointed this out he was very unpleasant and evasive.Beer is served in plastic glasses!
Do go to this hotel but avoid SPE

• Stayed: July 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 June 2006

I stayed at the Sheraton Krakow from June 4th to June 10th 2006. The room, amenities and service were excellent. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Krakow and would definately stay here again.

I was surprised to read some negative reviews, I didn't have a single problem in the 6 nights I stayed. I found that the staff went above and beyond in every area. My room was clean, there was no outside noise with the exception of the Friday evening, Poland was playing Ecuador in the World Cup and I did hear a few roars however it didn't interupt my evening whatsoever.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank bojomania
Reviewed 10 June 2006

In my opinion, this is the only hotel in Krakow, Poland that rates 5-stars. The hotel is immaculate, as it was recently opened in 2004. Rooms are well-appointed in typical Starwood style and large for European hotel rooms. The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in at any hotel worldwide. The hotel restaurants provide a good variety, from pub food to elegant meals. The breakfast is buffet style, with custom-made eggs if desired. On Sundays, their brunch is the best family outing in Krakow, by far! I travel to Krakow often and I always stay at the Sheraton, when rooms are available. (Peak tourist season, April - October, always books up all the rooms!) You can bet there is a reason why the President of Poland always stays at the Sheraton Krakow!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
10  Thank DLDVienna_VA
Reviewed 10 June 2006

This hotel was perfect. Right next to the Wawel Castle and the river, and was an easy walk to the old town.The staff are all very friendly and helpful, they were more than happy to book restaurants for us and advise on things to see and do.
The rooms are spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was great so much to choose from and very tasty. We loved the Cube Bar when we finished every day trying many of the vodkas they have (about 60+).
We also ate in the Sports bar and the food and service was also very good, although I would not have expected anything less from an American hotel.
The pool was a really nice relaxing place to spend some chill out time. The gym looked well equiped but we did not use it, as we got enough exercise walking. Would certainly go back to the Sheraton, Krakow again.

• Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank dylanmarley
Reviewed 4 June 2006

My husband and I have just returned from a stay in the Sheraton Hotel in Krakow and what a wonderful time we had! Everything was so easy, as the staff here could not do enough for us. Everyone was English speakingand the hotel is one of the grandest we have stayed in. Our room was on the first floor and absolutely spotless. The gym was well equipped and the food in the 3 restaurants was good.
Check-in and check-out were really easy and in fact reception also arranged a car to take us back to the airport at the end of our stay.
When we return to Krakow the only place we will be staying is the Sheraton and I would definately recommend others to do the same!

4  Thank jesmas
Reviewed 27 April 2006

If you're American as I am, and looking for that type of experience after living in European hotels you'll love it. Sweet Sleeper beds, large rooms, beautiful marble bathrooms with shower/tub fixtures that make sense, washcloths, TV with about 5 English channels. Staff could not be more accomodating or gracious. Ate in the sports bar called Someplace Else and had the most fabulous Chicken Fajitas...and I'm from Texas! Great views of Wawel Castle, but a bit of a hike to Town Square and the train station which is on the opposite side of the square (about 25 minute brisk walk).

• Stayed: April 2006