“Beautiful hotel but expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Krakow

Sheraton Grand Krakow
Ranked #29 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Kokomo, Indiana
“Beautiful hotel but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

Stayed 1 night at the hotel as a last minute emergency after a terrible hotel experience in Zakopane Poland.
Paid E195 for the night which included buffet breakfast.
Hotel is located next to Wawel Castle thus location is prime.
It is however a good 30 minute walk to the central train/bus station.
Rooms were clean and service was impeccible.
Noticed many old age tour groups use this hotel.
Buffet breakfast was incredible!
Would stay here again but it is an expensive option in Krakow.

• Disliked — price, a bit far from train/bus station
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank wfejk3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2006

This was without a doubt the best hotel we stayed at during out trip to Europe. We had the hotel car service pick us up from the airport for about 25 dollars. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The hotel staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was amazing. I would hightly recommend this hotel to anyone. Worth every penny!

• Liked — The room was extremely comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — It's worth it to splurge alittle on accomadations
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank iluvlida
N. Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2006

We have just returned from a wonderful trip to Krakow. We spent the last few nights of our trip in the Sheraton Hotel. Upon arrival the tone of the hotel was set by the cold welcome provided by the receptionist who appeared more enthusiastic in asking us to sign up for a loyalty card than anything else. She promptly sent us to our room which turned out to be a twin, eventhough she confirmed that we had booked a "king size" when we arrived. On pointing out this error I was shocked to hear the receptionist contradict herself by telling me that I had requested a twin room! After a lengthy wait while she went off to speak to her manager she returned to tell me that on this occasion she would try to accommodate us in a "king size" double. Our second room did turn out to be a double but was a smoking room, we had clearly requested a no smoking room. However tired and unimpressed by the manner in which their first error was dealt with we settled for this room which was comfortable but not what we had expected.
During our stay we found the staff in general to be frosty when compared to the warm Polish welcome we received in other hotels during our trip.
The Sheraton was aesthetically pleasing but had little other qualities that would tempt us to make a return trip. The swimming pool was very small and overcrowded, the atrium roof leaked water while we had breakfast, and the hotel bar was extremely overpriced.

6 Thank TeBel
Seaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2006

This is a newish hotel right by the river and the castle. Staff are very friendly and helpful even if one guy did not know we needed to pay our parking fee before we left the car park and we blocked everyone else in whilst it got sorted. Secure car park garage is a plus. The huge atrium floods the public area with light and this is where breakfast and meals are served under umbrellas to give a bit of privacy. There is a large no smoking area too. Food in the evening was surprisingly good- try the veal liver starter! Italian with a Polish twist and breakfast was plentiful and varied.
Our room overlooked other parking at the back as well as the Castle but was a good size and with a well equipped bathroom including washing line, iron and ironing board which you don’t always get in 5*. Plenty of wardrobe space and comfy beds though the aircon was a bit loud (ear plugs sorted that). Free web access too.
The fitness centre is well equipped and there is a small swimming pool for exercise. I preferred to get a massage! Best deep tissue massage I have ever had and only 135 zloty
We did a couple of less usual things in Krakow- visited the Aircraft museum on Jana Pawla II full of Migs and other mysteries from our post-war childhoods about 6 miles away by car or you could go on a tram! Also having seen their kitsch Trabant advertising it in the street nearby the hotel booked us a Communist tour with Crazy guide which was fascinating. My DK guide book did not turn out to be very reliable for opening times and if you want to see the Castle it seems like you need to book unless you are on a guided tour.

3 Thank christel
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2006

Very good hotel.I stayed with a large family group. The four rooms I saw were all excellent, very clean,spacious with good views of the castle and river.The breakfast was good although I didn't care for the bacon and making your own toast was a pain.Our meal in the Olive was great value and tasty. The staff were helpfull and friendly ,except for one.
Three of my group decided to watch the first seni-final of The World Cup in the large bar called SomePlace Else.We were refused entry by the doorman as it was full of locals.The manager told me I had to book seats in advance ,but there is no mention of this anywhere in the hotel literature. After complaing we were admitted. I booked for the second semi but h he insisted we get there one hour before kick off.We arrived 45 mins before -it was over half empty until just before kick off.When I pointed this out he was very unpleasant and evasive.Beer is served in plastic glasses!
Do go to this hotel but avoid SPE

• Stayed July 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2006

I stayed at the Sheraton Krakow from June 4th to June 10th 2006. The room, amenities and service were excellent. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Krakow and would definately stay here again.

I was surprised to read some negative reviews, I didn't have a single problem in the 6 nights I stayed. I found that the staff went above and beyond in every area. My room was clean, there was no outside noise with the exception of the Friday evening, Poland was playing Ecuador in the World Cup and I did hear a few roars however it didn't interupt my evening whatsoever.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
4 Thank bojomania
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2006

In my opinion, this is the only hotel in Krakow, Poland that rates 5-stars. The hotel is immaculate, as it was recently opened in 2004. Rooms are well-appointed in typical Starwood style and large for European hotel rooms. The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in at any hotel worldwide. The hotel restaurants provide a good variety, from pub food to elegant meals. The breakfast is buffet style, with custom-made eggs if desired. On Sundays, their brunch is the best family outing in Krakow, by far! I travel to Krakow often and I always stay at the Sheraton, when rooms are available. (Peak tourist season, April - October, always books up all the rooms!) You can bet there is a reason why the President of Poland always stays at the Sheraton Krakow!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business