“Everything you could need for a break away”

PURO Krakow Stare Miasto
Ranked #33 of 262 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great location – 5 mins walk from the train station and 10 mins walk to the main square.
Friendly, helpful staff. Perfectly gay-friendly.
Room was small but not too small, and very clean. The transparent bathroom walls were not an issue (as I'd expected them to be) because of the curtain that did the job of protecting your modesty! Only issue that we came across was a lack of storage space.

All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel for the best views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Really good location, helpful but minimal staff, and the price was right. Stayed in a normal double room for two nights end of October with my 14 year old and she was impressed...that's saying a lot. I appreciated the modern room for the short visit, but it is so modern it lacks the charm and character of older established places. Not for everyone, but for us it was clean, comfortable and an easy walk to many Krakow attractions.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for five nights with my girlfriend in January. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiling faces that organised all out tours, suggested bars and restaurants and really helped to make our break excellent.

The hotel is just a 7 min walk to the very centre of Krakow and across the road was a huge shopping mall complete with loads of clothes shops to keep the missus happy. It's a 25 min taxi ride to airport for approx 85 Zloty roughly 23 Euro.

Our room was fitted with a large Smart TV and a tablet which controlled the heat, lights, heated shower floor and the LED lighting which is a fun feature. Wi fi is free and Internet is available on the tablet and the TV. My only criticism would be of glass bathroom, although there's a curtain doesn't leave much to the imagination when using said facilities ;).

All in all a great stay, thanks to everyone at PURO for taking care of us, we'll be recommending to all our friends.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Irishroamingrover
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed with a friend for a weekend away, staying for 2 nights. We have a brilliant time in Krakow. The hotel itself was perfectly located and the staff gave great recommendations for good bars and things to do in town. Its very close to the main square so easy to walk to everything. We particularly loved the style of the hotel, the spacious corner room, the tablet in the room with free wifi and the free coffee and tea to take away! Superb!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Kayla_london
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hotel for two nights. Upon arrival at the hotel the staff were so friendly and helpful, I absolutely couldn't fault them. The room was spotless and decorated lovely. The hotel was very high tec with everything being controlled via a galaxy tablet! Impressive! The location was perfect, walking distance to everything. The hotel arranged all our trips for us including transport to pick us up from the hotel. We paid £50 a night for this room which is slightly more than the price of some of the other hotels I looked at, but it was so worth it. Still a reasonably priced hotel just more expensive than others as Poland is quite cheap. The hotel provides free hot drinks which I didn't know about before I went that was a nice surprise :) Would definitely go back and would recommend this hotel. I have absolutely no negative comments to write and really enjoyed my time in Poland! Just a quick note though- don't stay in the room with someone you're not completely comfortable with as the bathroom walls are made of glass!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank H1992annah
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed in Puro for 3 night for business. I have been to Krakow before and stayed in Andel's. Overall my feelings about Puro are mixed. It's a nice modern hotel in which everything is clean, when we stayed there it had only been open for a few months so the staff was keen to help with everything. It's a great hotel if you are staying with your partner and for touristic reasons it's perfect as it's 5 mins walk to main train station from when you catch trains to airport and just across the road from massive shopping centre.
If you are staying for business like I did and you have to share the room with someone you mind find yourself in a very awkward situation as the bathroom walls are see-through glass. And despite having the curtain hat you can close once the curtain is closed then the person can't leave the room - really weird set-up. The rooms are quite small too for business, tiniest desk i've ever seen. Bathroom has nice toiletries that smell gorgeous.
Breakfast was good with a few vegetarian options but the space where they serve it is quite compact so there were queues.
For me the minus was also the fact that you "manage" the room from a tablet. It's really annoying to have to go into the setting every time I just want to switch the channel on tv. On one morning the tablet froze so we couldn't open the curtains (that are also closed/ open via tablet) or put the light on.

I would say that still for the price it's a good hotel but if you can spend a bit more I would go to Andel's which is just 3 mins walk.

Pros:
Central location (could not get better)
Modern nice decor
Quick check in/out
Good internet connection
Good breakfast

Cons:
Bathroom with glass door making not suitable for non-couple travelers
Managing everything in a room via tablet may sound cool but takes more time and is very unpractical
Small rooms so only advise staying there if you plan to be out of the hotel most time

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SophiaFraser
Reviewed 7 January 2014

nice modern designed hotel close to the center and opposite a huge shoping mall. Our room - corner room - was bigger and if you travel as couple to be preferred. Modern with integrated steering by tablet is fun but sometimes not easier or very convenient. Overall a very positive opinion. The only disappointment for us as coffee lovers was the lousy quality of the free of charge coffee from the machine in the hotel. At least 1 point to improve :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple