“Loved it!”

PURO Krakow Stare Miasto
Ranked #31 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have just returned from 2 nights stay at Puro Hotel Krakow. Nothing to complain! Hotel has an excellent location, about 10 minute walk from the Old Town, huge shopping center is across the road as well as the railway station - so very convenient if you are planning to arrive or leave from Krakow by train.

Tablet computers in rooms operate the lighting, tv, heating etc. Cool! The hotel is new so everything is in great shape. Beautiful design style hotel.

Helpful staff, especially Adam at the reception. We wanted to visit the local shelter for homeless cats and dogs - Adam called the shelter and arranged us the time to go see them and take food for the animals.

Definately can recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We booked the executive room (number 309). Corner room. Not really big but big enough!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kati_hirsikangas
GM_Puro_Krakow, Dyrektor generalny at PURO Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear kati_hirsikangas,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us!
Do I see Cesar Millan on your profile photo? He is fantastic!
I am happy that Adam managed to help you with the case and you found the place with no problem.
We will be happy to host you again!

Take care!

Marek

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very clean and modern, friendly staff, and the hotel is within walking distance to shops and the market square. It made our entire trip to Poland an unforgettable experience. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bianca T

Dear Bianca T,

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion with us.
It is nice to see that you like our concept.
I hope you will come back to PURO soon.
You have a chance to stay with us also in Wroclaw, Poznan and soon in Gdansk!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The best part about this hotel is the location. It is across the street from the main train station and mall, and a mere 10 minute walk from the Old Town. It's nice and quiet but has easy access to everything.

The rooms are small but comfortable. You can get free coffee downstairs. It's a full espresso machine, so it's not just brewed coffee. The free wifi and international calls were a big plus too.

The only problem is the bathroom. The door is just a clear glass door that slides closed, but not quite all the way. While there is a curtain you can draw around the bathroom for privacy, the door still allows all noises to be heard in the room. It's a bit awkward, really, as you can hear your travel buddy doing their bathroom business in full audio. If it wasn't for that, the rooms would have been perfect.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank muzzle32

Dear muzzle32,

thank you for the opinion.
I am glad that your overall experience was very good beside that one issue mentioned.
I hope that some day you will come to Krakow and will visit PURO again.

All the best

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is only one year old! The staff are generally pleasant and helpful. The decor is quirky but modern and everywhere is spotless! The rooms are tiny and remind me of the Ibis Budget chain. I mean really tiny! With two suitcases you can hardly open your door and the desk needs to be used for the second case. The bathroom has little space to put your toilet bags and you must shut the door or the shower water splatters the floor outside. The room has a tablet beside the bed which controls the lighting, air conditioner, TV, curtains and I suspect many older clients would have difficulty with this modern high tech approach. There is a small fridge but no tea/coffee facilities or jug and no iron. Downstairs are two tea, coffee machines which you can have for free using your swipe card. Breakfast is limited and quite inadequate for large numbers to access. We had dinner one night and it was very tasty.
You cannot charge drinks or meals to your room and the bar will not take euros! Free wifi is available in the hotel everywhere. Not sure if it's location makes up for the rest.

Room Tip: The rooms are all small
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_Puro_Krakow, Dyrektor generalny at PURO Krakow Stare Miasto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Jane K,

Thank you for pointing out all the issues in your review.
I must say that room size is consistent with the requirements of categorisation.
If you would like to have some more space I would be happy to present you our higher standard rooms next time.
I believe our technology is very easy to use. Our older clients do not have problems with tables as it is very clearly arranged. We do not have much complaints about it.
I must say, that free coffee and tea are being found by most of our guests as one of the biggest strengths. Please, read some comments on TA. You will definitely find only positive feedback regarding free beverages. This concept is unique for PURO.
It is true that you cannot charge drink or meal to your room. It is also part of the concept.
Instead, you do not have to stand in the line to check out. You can do it from your room!
I think all of our innovations are modern. Not all of hotel guests have to love them but I believe this is the future of hospitality industry.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We spent 4 nights here. Our corner room on 1st floor was just a wee bit noisy with road traffic , but staff happily moved us up to 5th floor corner room which was much quieter. Very modern room, floor to ceiling windows, ipad controls everything from your bed. Main square almost around the corner, huge shopping mall across the road, everything clean, staff very helpful, I would definitely recommend a stay here

Room Tip: higher floors less noisy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JLONTOOSH

Dear JLONTOOSH,

Thank you for taking time to write the review.
I am happy to see that our staff managed to resolve the "noisy problem".
Also, I am glad that you decided to recommend our hotel despite of mentioned issue.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Have just come back from trip to Krakow with my 16 year old son. We stayed at Puro hotel for 2 nights, I must say I was very impressed with this hotel it was very clean and everything in the room was controlled via an In-room tablet.The location was excellent being very close to main railway station and only a 6-7 minute walk from the old square. I have stayed in many hotels in Poland and this rates as one of the best so far. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the price was very competitive for a main tourist city, I will certainly stay at Puro again when I am next in the beautiful city of Krakow. I have already recommended this hotel to a family member who is visiting in November.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SurreyTravelbug1

Dear SurreyTravelbug1,

Thank you for staying with us and recommending the hotel.
I promise, that we will look after the member of your family coming to us in November the best way we can.
Also, we hope to see you in PURO again!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was in Kracow for business and I have spent only one night at Puro Hotel but it has been a really good experience. I am willing to come back to visit that beautiful town and for sure the Puro will be my hotel. I've been attracted by the exteme modern and technological style of the hotel and I've found it actually! The hotel is just outside the old town center (you can walk there in 5 minutes), in front of a huge shop mall, very close to the train station and very easy to reach from the airport. Good service, clean rooms, excellent breakfast. A tablet gives you the full control of your room: lights, tempertature, TV, clock alarm and even the check out! The staff is really friendly and helpful. A new idea for a hotel: it worth to give a try even if you're not a technology addicted as I am.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Alberto170

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion with us.
I am sure that your business trip was successful and you had a great time in Krakow.
I hope, next time you will choose PURO again.

All the best