“Just O.K. for an overnight stop.”

Ranked #57 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Dorset England
“Just O.K. for an overnight stop.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stayed with my wife for 4 nights in May on a 10 day tour of Poland with Titan Travel. Titan is noted for it's usual good choice in quality accommodation but this time they got it wrong.
The Golden Tulip is well-located for the Old Town in a quiet side street. It is a conversion of two town houses completed 11 months ago but some of the glazed roofing leaks. confusingly there are two separate buildings seemingly accessed by only one lift for guests and all hotel services. The staff are young friendly and willing but the claim of being a four star establishment is dubious. Room 412, like all other rooms had only a single narrow wardrobe, no drawer nor cupboard. Thus our room began to resemble a teenager's bedroom with clothes, shoes, paperwork and possessions spilling out of suitcases and over the floor. The stated double bed was two singles pushed together with two covers. Krakow is a truly fantastic city and long wet walks around it's large and ancient centre would have been eased by a bath but there was only a shower and again no space for washbags etc. Indeed there were no toiletries ,flannels or tissues in the tiny washroom. A room suited only to an overnight guest with a small overnight bag. The advertising strapline of Golden Tulip is "International standards, local flavours" a contradiction confirmed by the absence of any English-speaking news channel on the television. Many groups seemed to use this hotel but the narrow street outside sometimes means coaches have to discharge their passengers and even luggage some way up the street. No big deal until the rain buckets down. The tiny lobby is also unsuited to the group trade. Krakow is a fantastic city and deserves a stay of several nights but best spent in another hotel than the Golden Tulip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GTKrakowCityCenter, Kierownik recepcji at Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay.

We are happy you enjoyed your visit in Cracow in general.

I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you have experienced. Please accept our apologies.

Your comments were shared with the relevant departments, were investigated and we will make improvements.

I hope you will decide to give our hotel one more chance.

Kind regards,
Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hote

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of May. Really lovely hotel. Pleasant staff , very clean well maintained rooms. Good choice of breakfast and comfortable breakfast room. Definitely would stay here again and would recommend to friends.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your great review and for recommendation of Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hotel to other travelers.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel and service.

Best Regards,
Centerport
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

This was a cute hotel located near The Old Town. The rooms were modern and clean.
The breakfast buffet was fine.
I only wish more of the wait staff spoke English.
And there was a loud pool hall across the street. They might consider more sounding proofing.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy that you found so many pros of our hotel.

Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Best regards,
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel in January 2014 and was very impressed indeed. The hotel and its staff far exceeded my expectations. The breakfast was a particularly good surprise - set me up for the day. Pleasant few minutes walk to the old town and through to the railway station. Hotel very clean and rooms extremely comfortable. If you looking for luxury on a budget then choose this hotel - you will not do better for the price

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GTKrakowCityCenter, Kierownik recepcji at Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your fantastic review. It is a great pleasure to read that we met your expectations.

We are happy that you found so many pros of Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hotel.

Kind regards,
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

It's a great little hotel. I booked it via British Air so breakfast was included. The hotel is very clean entire staff was helpful and the food was really good. It's close to the attractions. Only minor thing room safe is pretty small for a tablet and maybe put on a shelf not on floor of closet.
I would stay there again on my next visit to Krakow

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you had enjoyed our hotel and service.

A Tip for our Guests: The bigger electronic devices can be always put free of charge in the big safe at the reception desk.

We look forward to your next stay in Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hotel.

Best regards,
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum recently stayed at this hotel and I have to say it was in the perfect location for us. It was about 5-7 minutes from the main square, which we found very useful as we were so close to all the restaurants, shops and only about a 10-15 minute walk from Wawel Castle. The room we had was lovely and clean with 2 twin beds for us. The bathroom was provided with fresh towels and amenities. We asked for a second pillow each after the first night as they are quite small but as soon as we were given those we slept really well. The beds are very comfortable and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was full of variety, which I found useful as I am a fussy eater. I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay in if you are ever in the city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Madam,

Let me thank you for a great review and for recommendation of Golden Tulip Krakow City Center Hotel to the other travelers.

Thank you for pointing out our perfect location, nice rooms, friendly staff and good breakfasts.

We look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Yours faithfully,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the golden tulip from 18th April with my dad. I had requested a twin room via easyjet however upon arrival (9pm Friday evening) I was gives a double, I was then asked to pay £100 for an upgrade. I explained this was not my error. The lady on the desk seemed insincere and quite rude. Eventually I was found a twin room. I was extremely disappointed with the attitude of this checkin employee as the mix up was either our faults.

The rooms are lovely, but not enough storage space !

Hotel lovely too as it's fairly new and in a good location however the road it's located on needs to be tidied !

The staff in the dining area and the chefs appeared friendly and pleasant.

In all I enjoyed my stay apart from my grim arrival, I felt like it did disappoint my opinion of this chain as I have stayed in these hotels before in Berlin. I think some customer services lessons could benefit the checkin employee who greeted me. However all other check in staff appeared to be nice, pleasant and friendly.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your stay.

I am sorry to hear about inconveniences that you have experienced.
I would like to apologize for it.

Your comments were shared with the relevant departments, were investigated and we made some changes to prevent such situations in the future.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future.

Yours faithfully,