“My story of the metropolitan boutique.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Metropolitan Boutique Hotel

Metropolitan Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“My story of the metropolitan boutique.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Upon entry to the hotel I noticed it to be quite fancy, while its surrounding architecture wasn't quite what I'd call, 'up to date', the hotel itself seemed quite advanced which was a pleasant welcome to the town.
The front door is automatic, I enjoyed not having to struggle lifting such a heavy door everyday but also that it was quick and simple so a door man wouldn't have to stand there all day waiting for someone to walk through.
However the only problem was that, I was unaware that it was automatic when I first approached it, i ran up to it and it swung open, almost knocking me over.
Still the hotel was nice, I was greeted nicely by the staff, took the key card up the elevator to the room, once entering it I found that it was beyond what I'd expected.
Clean, organised, supplementary and ultimately welcoming, more than I can say about my last hotel.
It came with cupboards, chairs, two beds which me and my father separately slept in, a fancy tv with channels from across Europe, and a bathroom.
Except this was quite a large one, even larger than my own, a width of four meters and a length of roughly six, toilet, shower, sinks, bath and mirror, this kept me well satisfied.
We also had a small fridge, my father wanted to make tea but didn't have enough milk, however we found that the hotel staff gladly came to our room to give us the milk, we even found bathroom gowns and slippers.
The shower and bath worked well and were very relaxing, they weren't old or irritating, it never went too hot and there were plenty of towels provided.
I also found that we needed a new plug since we were in Poland and couldn't use our English plugs, the staff also provided those.
There was complimentary breakfast served every morning, however the food was mostly the same each day, with small additions added each morning, it was disappointing that there was so little to choose from, or at least, so little that I liked.
Also one morning after having some breakfast I went on a trip and felt sick, that was probably due to the bumpy van ride, but still I suspected the food had something to do with it.
However it was still enjoyable, also there was a gym downstairs, while it was good exercise, it was small and had limited choices as to what I could use.
Nevertheless it was nice that it was there, also there were two computers on the ground level, free to use for anyone, it was nice to have something to do if you were waiting for a taxi or van.
All members of staff I encountered were kind and helpful, and while there were some mishaps, none that would suggest they were incompetent, ultimately, I enjoyed my stay, I highly recommend the hotel, and any complaints I have are nit picks, however they should still be taken into account.
Thus I enjoyed my stay, I suggest you go here if you visit Krakow, I'm sure that there are many other great hotels, but I liked this one a lot, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: From what I can tell, all rooms are the same, but pick one with a nice view if you can.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Daniel C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We just spent two nights at this lovely modern new hotel. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the Jewish quarter, public trams, and also the old town. The train station can also be considered within walking distance (about 20mins) for folks who like walking. The lobby is a comfortable place to relax and there are numerous colorful picture books on Poland to read if waiting for one's room. The hotel staff is friendly, speak decent English and want to please. The hotel rooms are tidy, comfortable, flat screen tv, complimentary bottled water, and have plenty of space to move around comfortably. The free wifi worked great throughout the hotel! Since the hotel is brand new, the management had feedback forms in the rooms asking for our input. We did provide input for suggested improvements. The breakfast was well rounded - eggs, sausages, breads, pastries, fruit, bacon, meats, cheese, cereal, various juices (some juices unique to Poland). There is also a good quality gym with cardio and weights. We were delighted with our stay at the Metropolitan Boutique Hotel!

1 Thank K C
North West England UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel this really is -
we had an amazing suite room 115 with a balcony and the room was world class, perhaps the best bedroom we have ever had the pleasure of staying in.

The kettle did not work and the first morning at breakfast there was no milk, no glasses and no bread - happy to put this down to one member of staff being on duty and he restaurant very busy.

Superbly renovated building which is truly stunning both inside and out - great location as the Jewish area is amazing, try pimiento steak house nearby, see my review of that separately!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank aash23
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I'm writing this from the hotel after the best buffet breakfast ever for quality and variety. But it's not just about breakfast it's the location, atmosphere, friendly staff, modern clean high quality hotel. Quick walk to krakow square and opposite supermarket for food to take out for day trips. Amazing

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank qualitygirls
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very nice hotel, easy to get to from central train station and city center, welcoming staff, nice breakfast, Rooms and bathrooms were of high standards, comfortable and of good quality. We had a lovely time staying in this hotel and will definitely recommend it.

1 Thank Omar F
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This hotel has already a lot of superlatives thrown at it, and they are all richly deserved.

We wanted to stay somewhere close to the center of Krakow and after reviewing several possible hotels, settled on the Metropolitan Hotel and what a great choice it was!

What a great location! You can be anywhere within the city really quickly.

Metropolitan exceeded all expectations that we had. We loved the place. It has a modern, chic vibe. Our room was large and comfortable, spotlessly clean with the bathroom- perfect size with nice toiletry products, on a quiet floor. Well cared for throughout our stay.

We really appreciated the attention to design and modern furnishings, not just in our room, but throughout the hotel - it's great to find somewhere to stay that's not afraid of original thought. Lots of great finishing touches that make you smile.

Front desk were patient with requests for help and advice. Everyone had advice on places to go, places to avoid, and we found the whole experience very welcoming. Good to see their smiles everytime! They have a fantastic staff that consistently goes above and beyond to provide a comfortable environment for everyone. The service is impeccable! We enjoyed our time with them.

Food? Good value and tasty with good selection from cold to hot dishes. Again, the service even in the restaurant was wonderful. People are very friendly and eager to meet your needs.

Bottom line - stay here! You will not regret it. It's definitely a great value and fantastic service!
You really won't be disappointed if you choose to stay there. We will definitely be back!

A shout out to Mrs. Kowalczyk who provided a fabulous service and obvious management excellence. Your professional skills are outstanding.

Room Tip: ask for places to visit, their staff has great knowledge of Krakow, take advantage! use their super...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank d0l70re
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Metropolitan is a wonderful boutique hotel in Krakow. All the staff members were incredibly nice and helpful; the rooms were spacious, stylish and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had (and I am not one to get excited about breakfast). The location is very convenient: within walking distance of the city center and Jewish quarter. The only downside that I can say is that it is a little expensive compared to some other similarly described hotels. However, our wonderful stay made up for the extra money spent. It is definitely worth a visit to Krakow and to this hotel.