“excellent hotel worth its number 1 rating”

Metropolitan Boutique Hotel
Ranked #7 of 265 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Had a three day break at this hotel, as reading all the reviews were excellent, can't speak highly enough about the staff, hotel and location. If we could we would give it six stars. We will definitely be back

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick&EveCornwall
Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Let's be honest when you're looking for a hotel in a City you have never been, it can be a pain in the rear. However, I sure got this one right. It's situated right between the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter and there is also a supermarket right across the road (just in case). The hotel itself is a new build and everything is nice and fresh. The staff are super and nothing is a problem. The decor is very very nice and just perfect for a visit to Krakow. On arrival we checked in. I say we and that refers to myself and my travel partner Steve (it was his idea in the first place)
Easy check in, however when we saw the room it was one big double bed ! No way mate, I wasn't sleeping with him lol. I had booked a twin room and this was rectified straight away. The room itself was a fine big spacious room with a nice en suite along side.. It also has the usual mini bar and flat screen tv etc etc. The breakfast is super and you could eat all day. Check out the beetroot juice ! On check out you can leave your bag in the storage area free of charge with is a nice service. A taxi should cost 70 - 90 Zloty Bus 4 Zloty Train 15 to and from the airport. Highly recommend this hotel and would go back in a flash

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank DougieDublinIreland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I only stayed here for a night, as I was travelling for business. The hotel is very nicely decorated and very new. The location is great. If you stay here, try to ask for a room which is not located close to the train or you'll hear it loudly from the room. WiFi is free, but small broadband, so might be a bit unstable. Staff are friendly but seemed stressed even though there were very few guests in the hotel. It appears that as a new hotel, they might have hired less trained staff.

Room Tip: Ask the room not to face the train railway or you'll hear the train at night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Semelas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Two night / 3 day quick break, first visit. Plane arrived early, we got to the hotel 10.30 am, we were happy to drop bags and check in later. Complimentary coffee, (best cappuccino I have ever had), they we were approached to say we had been upgraded and the bags taken to the room, when we got there the free ( part of hotel offer) was waiting full chilled with x 2 glasses. Great start. The hotel is immaculate, fresh and contemporary, a boutique hotel. Located evenly between the two main area the Jewish Qtr and Old town, no more than 10 mins to each by foot, or a £3.00 taxi ride. 24 hrs supermarket, across road, which is handy if you want to avoid mini bar prices. Breakfast offers a really nice range of continental to include lots of cheese, cold meats, yogurts, cereals, fresh fruit, juices and veg juices plus cooked beans, sausage and bacon. And much to my good ladies approval a nice bottle of Fizzy. I don't think the hotel has been open that long, so take advantage whilst really fresh. Special mention for the staff, we are not too demanding but everyone was warm, polite, smiling and helpful. They know about service. I have marked this 5* not because it is a 5*, but on the basis it is top of the it's class. I read one comment on here that they is no English TV . There are x 2 news channels, and I suppose if you are here for a week it may be an issue but not a priority for us. Our room, decor, bathroom were all worthy of a top 4 *. Book with confidence. Oh yes they sorted a taxi from the airport on the drop of an email, about £18.00. Hope helps

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tinmis
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Single room - 1 night

Had booked another hotel but upon re confirming my booking before departure was told that it was closing for renovations and they had transferred me to this hotel instead. This was the second hotel to do this for my European Christmas holiday.

Clean & large modern room
Staff friendly & helpful
Breakfast good

Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Hotel has good location in Kazimierz. It is only short walk to the Old City. For you convenience "Biedronka" is in front of the hotel.Metropolitan is new hotel with nice rooms, good food and kind staff, but you can hear people on the corridor when you try to sleep. You may also have problem with parking place nearby, sometimes you can't avoid 5 min. walk from here.

Room Tip: Room 224 with view on patio, with shower and twin beds. You can hear people on the corridor when yo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

First time in Krakow for me and after analyzing the possible hotels, locations, existing reviews etc. I went for the Tripadvisors #1 hotel in the city. I was not disappointed. Of course I have no point of comparison and other hotels I passed during my short stay looked very good also (and others didn't), the Metropolitan lived up to the expectations: spotlessly clean and comfortable rooms, nice modern design, good breakfast and for those with cars, private parking 20m away (in high season it could however be full very fast, as there are less than 10 parking spots). I didn't try the bar or the restaurant but both looked modern and inviting.
Staff was super friendly and efficient at all times and the location is great if you are more into the Kazimierz district than the actual old town, the latter being however a 15 minutes walk i 3 tram stations away. Definitely recommendable.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street (202) but there is double glazing and the street is very quiet anyway...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo