“They really try to please”

Metropolitan Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Excellent service especially reception. One gets the impression they will stop at nothing to provide the best possible service...very professional and well trained staff. Location is perfect and walking distance to old town , Jewish quarter, the river. Shopping mall, even the station ( without luggage). Excellent restaurant on site and the hotel organised a car for us at the airport, even though our flight was cancelled at the last moment...I managed to get an email through from Budapest Airport to cancel our car, and then another from Frankfurt Airport to advise what flight we were on, but sure enough they had a car waiting for us to meet our changed flights....much appreciated. English spoken.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street...very nice. Not sure if they have other rooms as well. No noise ev...
1  Thank Gloria C
There are newer reviews for Metropolitan Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 30 May 2014

10 minutes walk from the main hub, this hotel is presented in a very modern boutique style. Our room was comfortable, with excellent king size bed, remote adjustable a/c, mini bar and quality bathroom. The staff are young, exceptionally pleasant and 100% customer focussed. We used the bar and restaurant both of which are excellent. Nothing at all to complain about here. A first class stay in all respects

1  Thank Denis D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husbands birthday. I notified the hotel in the "special requirements" when booking that this was a surprise and that we would be arriving mid morning.

On arrival, we were advised that the check-in time is 3pm, but to come back in 2 hours and they would try to have a room ready. On return, the room still was not ready, although others had arrived after us and been allocated a room! She said there had been late check-outs, but surely not every superior room had a late check out? The girl on reception (only this one in particular, not all) was not very helpful. We went to the courtyard for a drink and asked if she could come and let us know when the room was ready, but by 3pm she still hadn't come out, so we went in again, and, low and behold, our room was "just" ready. We were not given any information about the hotel, e.g. breakfast times, wifi password or the fact that we were entitled to 15% discount in the restaurant (we found this out through a poster in the lift!)

While the room was lovely (I had upgraded to a superior room) there were no gestures for my husband's birthday, although because I was unhappy with the check in experience they provided a tray of fruit!

Apart from the Check-In experience, the hotel was very clean and modern. The bathroom was huge, but if you have any disablement you might find it difficult to get into the bath as it's very high.

The breakfast was nice, in particular if you like a continental style breakfast. We did not use the hotel for an evening meal.

The courtyard area was lovely for relaxing in the evening with a drink.

Overall, this was a good hotel, but not sure I'd give it the rating that others have. Maybe I just look for a little bit more......

1  Thank Cazza65
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just returned from a one night stay at the metropolitan on my own to attend a business meeting. What can I say that the last post didn't? Everything is just as described. The beds are excellent. I told my wife that this hotel will exceed most peoples expectations and that we should book to go together as soon as we could... If you stay elsewhere I am sure you will find other quality hotels in Krakow but the metropolitan will take some beating...Everything is that good!

If you are going to go can you wait while I get a booking first..

Room Tip: The classic rooms are fitted to the same high standards as the suites but if you are going to spend...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hubby & I have just spent 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. It is ideally situated to walk to the Main Square, The Jewish Quarter and Shindlers factory. We upgraded to a junior suite and had a huge room with a large sitting area, well worth it. The staff are as stated in previous reviews a credit to the hotel, all friendly and helpful. The food is brilliant and plentiful at breakfast with cereals, fruit, yoghurt, meats, cheeses, breads and pastries as well as bacon sausages and scrambled eggs. You won't go hungry! We ate in the Fab Fusion restaurant after seeing reviews and had two wonderful meals. Ok the street it is on is a little worn but there's the supermarket which makes up for that. Stay here and you'll love it! Recommend highly but that will mean it will get booked up when we return, which we will as we loved the hotel, loved Krakow & loved perogies!!

Room Tip: Junior suite upgrade well worth it!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chose this due to trip advisor reviews and pics & info on their website. We have not been disappointed. Great location, lovely rooms, nice bar, great breakfast and gourmet food in Fab Fusion restaurant (part of the hotel but with 15% discount to hotel residents)in the restaurant. All this plus really friendly and helpful staff make this an excellent choice for our 4 night stay. Excellent background music, live sometime. Just boutiful!!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

It's easy to see why this hotel is number 1 on Trip Advisor. Simple things, like having proper hangers in the wardrobe instead of those stupid, annoying clip-ons; lovely, fluffy towels; windows that open properly; air-con that actually works properly and doesn't make you wake up with a stuffy nose; a TV that just works straight away; a free bottle of Prosecco - all contributed to a great first impression. All the staff in the hotel are lovely and ready to help with any little thing, no fuss. They provided me with an umbrella and an adapter for my charger, booked trips, answer the phone on the first ring... Now for the restaurant, Fab Fusion: I was very tired after a long day of walking and Salt-mining, so decided to eat in. Well, I can quite honestly say that it was one of the best meals I have EVER had - no kidding! It was amazing! Beef carpaccio that melts in the mouth, Salmon on creamed celery with mussels and butter wine sauce, creme brûlée with black currant chutney and hazelnut vodka with my coffee. All quite reasonable and extremely gourmet. I got the impression that whoever created the meals absolutely loves their job and creating magic moments out of beautiful, fresh ingredients.
This hotel is an absolute gem. They have everything just right and make people feel special. I was visiting Krakow for the first time and travelled alone. I felt completely at home and looked after - couldn't have wished for anything more.

Room Tip: I chose a superior room but don't have anything to compare it with. It was lovely though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo