“Excellent location, very fine rooms, good prices”
Review of Senacki Hotel

Senacki Hotel
Ranked #11 of 267 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The hotel is located about 5-7 minutes south of the Market Square, about 5 minutes north of the Wawel and about 15 minutes north of the Jewish Old Town (Kazimerz), across from the Peter and Paul Church--in short, I don't think there is a better-situated hotel in Krakow Old Town. Tram lines to Kazimerz, the train/bus station and Galeria Krakova (a useful and quite pretty mall that has anything you'd ever need on a trip) run nearby. The street is quiet except for the occasional clanking of horse hooves and the strain of an accordion, which only give the street-facing rooms a wonderful ambience (I was on the top floor and had no concern whatsoever about facing the street--as a matter of fact, I loved it and looked across every night to the lit facade of the Church). The beautiful and peaceful park that surrounds the Old Town is no more than three minutes away and I strolled in the evening in peace and happiness.

I had a single room with a twin. The room was not large but was quite comfortable by European standards. The recently renovated decor of the hotel and of the room was modern and elegant--dark woods, bone-white walls, silver trims and black carpeting embroidered with the stanzas from a Polish poem. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and spoke fluent English. The price-included breakfast in the comfortable and evocative cellar was full and delicious. There is a fully-stocked supermarket almost directly across the street that allowed me to pack lunches and to keep small items for snacks in the minibar.

In short, I was thrilled with the location, the price, the service and the room. I don't think you can possibly go wrong with this hotel--and I've traveled across the world for more than 40 years.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Harmiclir
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear Harmiclir,

Thank you so much for taking your time and writing such a glowing review on trip advisor.
I cannot tell you how proud I am when reading reviews like yours.
Our very central location is often what initially attracts our guests. We are minutes away from a variety of cultural sites – The Main Square, Wawel Castel, Kazimierz - Jewish District. As the areas is well connected with public transport this provides an even greater scope of activities to explore. I am glad to hear that the team took such great care of you, it is important to us that you feel comfortable and we strive to provide friendly and welcoming service.
Dear Guest, thank you again for your opinion. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Hotel Senacki.

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The Hotel Senacki is perfectly located between the castle and the main square. Despite its incredibly central location it is quiet and has a view of a lovely church opposite. It has been very well renovated this year,the beds are comfortable and our shower was great. Everything was spotless and the reception staff were all lovely. Breakfast is in the cellar under the hotel and they'll cook omelettes and pancakes to order at no extra charge. A lovely hotel, at a good price and we would all recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Lamp53,

I am delighted to hear that you and your Partners were so impressed by the hotel. Our central location is very advantageous to our guests both for those travelling on business or leisure. With Main Square moments away and Wawel Castel within walking distance we are able to accommodate a variety of visitors.We are thrilled you loved our rooms. This is all thanks to ours Designers who have beautifully restored and designed the majority of this hotel. A lot of time and effort went into the finishing touches of our rooms, in the hope that we make our guests feel as comfortable as possible.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 6 May 2012

I think this is the best hotel in Europe that I've stayed in (in it's class). It has jus been renovated. It's spotless and beautifully decorated. All the reception staff are incredibly helpful, knowledagble, hospitable, and speak very good english! The rooms are large by European standards, well stocked with comfy beds and pillows, nice towels and ammenties. We booked a regular room and a Suite which had a separated living room. The suite had a few extra ammenities from the regular room like robes and slippers and a soaker tub. The breakfast was fantastic, well stocked european style buffett, as well as a hot menu you could order from - all included in the room rate.

The location couldn't be better. Everything in Old Town Krakow is within walking distance. Lots of restaraunts and cafes just steps away.

The only thing, I would warn light sleepers about is the noise. It's on the main street, and the street side rooms do get a lot of the noise from the street. Also, the doors are big and heavy and when they auto-close, they slam, (if the guest does not help it close quietly). I would reccommend to the hotel they put some kind of noise dampening thing on the doors. The noise did not bother our family, but I know it could bother some.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should request a non street-side room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear RoamingDaisy,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Despite the slight issue you had with noise, I am so happy to read your comments and how our staff made you feel comfortable during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our central location and used it to your advantage when accessing the various landmarks of central Krakow. Thank you for the feedback regarding our breakfast and. Ratings and comments help us to improve our services and facilities.
Thank you once again and on behalf of the whole Hotel Senacki Team, I very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed here from April 23-27th Fantrastic, location is superb bang in the middle between the castle and the square, but the hotel is superb obviously just been renovated everything looks brand new. The staff are brill nothing was to much trouble, also they have such an unusual breakfast room in the cellar which dates back to the 13th cenrtury it is small but menu wise no trouble from a menu you can have fresh omlettes, fried or scramble eggs and even a soft boiled egg which my wife said was a first in europe to get right high praise indeed. Also on the last day they kept our luggage until we left no bother, we do intend to go back as there is so much to do so will definately book this hotel again. Again thanks to all the staff well done....

Room Tip: we had room 304 which overlooked the church
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poko55
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Poko55,

We were delighted to receive your comments and to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our guests' feedback is most important to us in our constant aim to improve our standards.
I have shared your comments with our team - thank you - such praise is great motivation for all of us!
I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel during your next trip to Krakow.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed in the senacki from the 9th-12th of April. I booked on recommendations from this website and the reviews are correct. The location of the hotel is perfect in the heart of krakow between the main square and the castle absolutely perfect. The hotel itself has recently had a refurbishment and was very modern everything was brand new and clean I was delighted when I saw the room. The bathroom is lovely and the shower is fantastic! Our room overlooked the thoroughfare from the square to castle with a beautiful church opposite you can hear buskers and the horses trotting past. The reception staff were very helpful we booked a tour and they told us where everything was which was helpful! Overall a really lovely hotel and couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Jgreen29
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear Jgreen29,

further to your recent stay at Hotel Senacki, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.
We are very centrally located, as you have said, with many of Krakow’s landmark destinations only minutes away.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our rooms, A lot of time and planning went into the new design of the hotel and it is those small details that always make a difference for our guests.
Thank you for your compliments on friendliness of our staff. Receptionists always love to help with recommendations and reservations.
We shall look forward to welcoming you at Hotel Senacki again soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed at the Senacki for 3 nights. The location was excellent as was the staff. We booked our trips through reception they were really helpful and welcoming. The room was lovely, clean, nice decor, the bed was most comfortable and the shower was just brilliant.
We really liked the dining area where breakfast was served, it was probably once a cellar. The breakfast itself was not only plentiful but there was lots of choice too. There were items that they will make for you such as omlette too.
I have already recommended this hotel and would not hesitate to stay again.
Lovely area, lovely hotel and lovely staff.
Thank you to all the Senacki staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tangmere_8

Dear Tangmere_8,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you experienced such good customer service at our hotel. Our employees strive to offer excellent customer service and it is good to hear when they succeed! We are thrilled you had an amazing time, loved our rooms and shower. We are glad you felt pampered by our breakfast staff and our services offered.
Once again thank you very much for complimenting us on TripAdvisor.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Senacki Hotel soon again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We have stayed here two times on vacation. First time was in January 2004 and the second time was in January 2010. This is really a great hotel. Its not a five or a four star hotel but its still fantastic and offers a great value. We stayed in a "suite room" which was very nice. No hot water when trying to use the Jacuzzi though. Breakfast is good as well as the service. The interior is nice. The beds are a bit hard. The location is as good as it can get. All in all a great hotel. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Suite room!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kreuz
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Kreuz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Hotel Senacki. It is through medias such as this we are able to obtain feedback so that we can improve our guests' experience.
I assure you that we strive to be better than average. As we are located right in the heart of Old Town, we want our guests to experience all of the Krakow has to offer.
I am glad that we impressed you and you found our lux room to be comfortable and our staff to be friendly and welcoming. I truly apologize for the issues you experienced with the hot water in your bathroom (although we have no Jacuzzi).
I look forward to welcoming you back should you choose to vacation in Krakow again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,