“Excellent hotel in Great location”
Review of Senacki Hotel

Senacki Hotel
Ranked #12 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in Great location”
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Really comfortable hotel. .. good value. .. very friendly and helpful staff. Nice style. . Fixtures and fittings.

Happy hour for two hours not to be missed.

Easy access to the castle or main square.

Definitely stay here again when I come back to Krakow

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Turtle5954
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear Turtle5954,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hotel Senacki! We enjoyed reading the many kind things.
We are constantly reviewing guest feedback to make sure that we are providing the best service possible.
We hope to welcome you back as a guest soon!

Warm regards,
Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2013

When planning a trip to Kraków, a friend of mine recommended the Hotel Senacki from experience, and I booked it on that tip. Staying in the old town was wonderful, being a two minute walk from the main square one direction, and a two minute walk from the Wawel Hill with the castle and cathedral the other direction. The staff were professional, very friendly and very helpful, above and beyond what I usually expect at a hotel. The room was clean, well maintained and quite modern, with good speed wireless access. The view of the old church across the street was magnificent from the third floor. The only fault I can name is that the double bed was in fact made up of two single beds pushed together with one sheet but two single duvets, which did make sleeping a little less comfortable than it could have been. Overall, however, I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bagheera73,

Thank you so much for submitting this review! I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and found the service to be consistently good throughout your stay. We pride ourselves on our staff and are always striving to provide the best service possible. I sincerely hope that you will keep us in mind for your future travels to Kraków.

All the best,
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We booked this hotel for a three night stay based on reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. The hotel is centrally located in the old town, has beautiful interior decor, immaculately clean and the most helpful reception staff I have ever experienced. They simply couldn't do enough for us. We were allocated room 102 which was one of two rooms at the front with a balcony which was lovely. It doesn't have a bath, just a shower but everything else about the room was excellent. Breakfast was lovely especially the freshly cooked omelettes. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally R
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear Sally P ,

We greatly appreciate your kind words and review. It is our wish to provide you with the best service possible so that you can have the best experience possible. We will be sure to share your sentiments with our team members.

Again, thank you for sharing your sentiments with us. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Parbold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We recently stayed at The Senacki largely based on the reviews on tripadvisor for our first visit to beautiful Krakow.There was a glitch on the first night in that we were unable to stay due to over booking so we were transferred to their sister hotel The kossak. It is more modern in style but is also a lovely hotel with fabulous views of Wawel Castle. We had the option to stay at The Kossak but decided to return to The Senaki for the other two nights. It really is a fabulous little gem of a hotel. Staff are wonderful, so friendly and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished.The beds are so comfortable.Our room (303) overlooked the beautiful St Peter and St Paul's Church at the front of the Hotel. You can hear people in the street below - it didn't bother us in the slightest and didn't affect our sleep but if you are a light sleeper you might prefer a room at the side. Breakfast in the quaint cellar is first class. The hotel is in a perfect location in the old town and all the sights are within walking distance. The hotel's restaurant recommendations were spot on and just a few minutes away.
Despite the initial glitch I would have no hesitation in recommending The Senaki and have indeed done so to our friends. We will visit Krakow again and we will definitely stay here. Book it you won't regret it!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pwlk63
Dear Pwlk63,

Thank you for your kind words and comments. The winter season is one of our favorite times of the year, and we're so glad to have had the opportunity to spend it with you! While we are thrilled to hear of your overall positive experience with us, we are sorry about all inconveniences about your first night.

We hope that you had a wonderful winter season and look forward to welcoming you back during this holiday season!

Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We booked this hotel based on the feedback and reviews on Tripadvisor and we made the right choice. Hotel located in the old town, across the road from a beautiful cathedral.
Everything about the hotel is great: interior decor, spacious and clean rooms, VERY helpful and smiley staff. We had the best ever experience of Krakow thanks to Senacki!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sacrament0
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Dear Sacrament0,

It is so pleasant to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel . We thank for such positive comments about hotel and our Staff . Our devoted staff will be there to welcome you during every one of your stays.
We hope to welcome you back very soon for another enjoyable stay in Cracow .

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Everything about Senacki was just perfect. The hotel is placed in the very heart of the old town with all local tourist sites in walking distance.

The staff was very helpful and sweet and helped us with all our questions and tour bookings.

The rooms are tidy, clean and fresh with very comfortable beds.

Since one of us had a birthday during our stay, the staff surprised us by delivering a small birthday cake to our room! That was extremely appreciated.

In short, we cannot recommend the Senacki Hotel enough.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel J
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Daniel J,

Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My intention to visit Krakow was to feel magical atmosphere of Christmas in Poland. I chose this hotel mostly by its location and based on reviews I read on TripAdvisor and some other sites. The hotel is perfectly located indeed: it is neither on the main square nor far from the old town. I’ll tell about the hotel’s location and tourist attractions a bit later. Another moment what contributed to choosing this place was a special very attractive offer which the hotel had for Christmas days.

So I arrived to this hotel from airport shortly after midnight. It cost me 69 Polish zlotys to get from Krakow airport to this hotel by taxi.
After usual formalities with documents I got a key for a single room on the third floor. Then I rode modern lift to climb to my floor.

The front door of my room was wide, made from good quality wood and locked with ordinary cylinder lock. Honestly I was a bit surprised as I expected it to be operated with hotel key cards. But under certain circumstances it could add charming entourage to the place. If carrying this key in your pocket is not convenient, you could leave the key on the reception every time you leave the room. But it is still up to you. One more comment: unfortunately the door was not protected with latch or door chain from inside. It did not have door eye either. Normally I’d love having these features to feel safe in a room. On the other hand the hotel was very calm and peaceful so that I didn't even worry about my safety.

The room I was given looked not very big, but I was staying alone and I had all required space to have rest comfortably in the hotel. A bed was not big either and was able to hold only one person, but again I was alone and such bed was sufficient. Two pillows of good quality were lying on the bed but I used only one of them since it was sufficient for me.

When I entered my room for the first time I felt that it was quite chilly but then I managed to adjust temperature of hot-water radiators below the window and in the bathroom and eventually the temperature in the room rose to acceptable level.

One more element of the room’s décor which I had not seen in other hotels before: animal skin rug by the bed that gave extra warmth and coziness.

In addition my room had standard set of furniture like an arm-chair, chair, desk and bedside table with drawers. The room was also equipped mini-bar fridge and a standard fairly roomy safe box with electric keypad hidden inside wardrobe.

I was delighted to locate tea bags, a kettle and a complementary small bottle of sparkling mineral water on a table in the room. You know after long trips I feel dehydrated and body needs water or preferably tea. To my pity I had only two complimentary tea bags. As I’m keen on tea I’d prefer if the hotel provided me with more tea bags. Although every day two new tea bags were added. Still a good thing was that the room was equipped with normal electric kettle and teacups, not a coffee making machine.

Other things I loved in this hotel were toiletries. Shower gel, shampoo and soap were easily foamed, mildly covered hands and body and had pleasant scent. Surprisingly I was not able to open screw cap of one small shampoo bottle. That’s why I had to ask hotel personnel for replacement which they willingly did immediately. Well done.

There was something what added some inconvenience for me in the bathroom. It was a blockage in the washbasin drain. It was not actually a blockage but rather a malfunctioning rod-operated pop up plug which did not have enough movement to open fully and therefore did not drain water sufficiently fast.

I’d like to say a few words about telly in the room. It was programmed to many TV channels, most of which were in Polish with movies, TV shows and music. Besides I found a few channels in English, German and Italian. I was very fortunate to watch genuine Christmas carols and other preparation for Christmas Eve on TV.
The TV set itself had flat screen and looked rather new but it was hanging quite high on the wall, facing the wardrobe, and its position could not be adjusted. That’s why lying on the bed I had to watch the TV not from front side but from low left angle of the screen though it still could be viewed without distortion.

Internet in the hotel was quite fast, suitable for making audio and video calls. Additional advantage – it was included in my rate. So do not forget to ask for password on reception. But most likely the receptionist will remind you if you need Wi-Fi access anyway.

The room did not have iron, probably it existed somewhere in the hotel but not in my room. But airline lost my luggage on a way to Krakow, so I had very few things at all and nothing for ironing in particular. So, again it was not a problem for me. What I really missed was small branded notepad which is usually provided in hotels of such level. At the same time ballpoint pen in the drawer was very decent.

Staircase was covered with nice soft carpets with lettering in Polish, everything was very clean. I enjoyed stepping on that carpet so much that I usually preferred going up and down stairs instead of using lift.
But even if you prefer using lift, it is located quite conveniently not far from rooms. Yet it operated silently and did not disturb calmness of the place.

Breakfast was almost excellent, so let me describe it in details. It is served on basement floor. I tasted hot sausages, boiled eggs and was able to make sandwiches with ham or cheese. There were several types of cheese, butter and margarine for sandwiches, all was fairly eatable. You can order scrambled or fried eggs for your choice. Yogurts were noticed as well but I did not have chance to try them. Vast section of tea in bags made be nearly the happiest man. Needless to say they also had coffee in vacuum flasks but I did not sip it that time. Unfortunately they had neither cottage cheese nor hot porridge. Otherwise I would be absolutely contented. Instead, there were corn flakes which could be prepared with milk. But in my view cereal in milk is not a good alternative for real hot porridge.
Additionally I observed slices of fresh fruits and vegetables. Muffins and croissants made pleasant completion of breakfast. For instance, croissants and tea with lemon was a choice of mine.

As I previously wrote I came to Krakow for Christmas holidays. Fortunately my reservation included special Christmas dinner. The menu and reservation for table were negotiated in advance in email. The event itself took place in Café Oranżeria in a building of affiliated Hotel Kossak.
That dinner gave me unique chance to feel deeply Polish tradition of feasting Wigilia. I witnessed families were greeting and celebrating each other, exchanging gifts and pieces of Christmas wafers. And of course the meal was fantastic. I had never tasted so delicious carp fried with onions and mushrooms before.
Going further I’d like to remark customer orientation of receptionists who recommended places to visit and gave me guidance to get there. I mentioned that airline lost my luggage and I had to recover lost belongings. If you happen to find yourself in the same situation I’d recommend visiting Galeria Krakowska shopping mall. It took about 20 minute of walking to get there. All shops under one roof, in other words I can recommend this center for shopping popular brands and having tea with desserts in several cafés like Starbucks.

The Grodzka street where the hotel is situated was full of small shops and cafés also. But I was in Krakow on Christmas holidays meaning that everything was closed and virtually deserted. I hope you will be luckier than me and be able to pay visits to all these places when they are open.

In my case I was looking for a place to dine on the Old Town Square where some cafés and restaurants were open even on Christmas holidays.

Returning to the surroundings of the hotel, I cannot imagine the location could be chosen better. Again, the hotel is not on the Main Square but only about 7 minutes of walk from it.
Church of St. Peter and St. Paul is right opposite of the hotel. Therefore it would be wise to ask for a room with a view to that side. Church of St. Andrew is only a few meters farther, I highly recommend visiting it as well.
These two churches face a small Maria Magdalena square between Grodzka and Kanonicza streets. Kanonicza street is considered as a remarkable place of interest itself. Moreover it will lead you to Royal Castle on the Wawel Hill, which is only about 10 minutes of walking distance.

I’m not going to write about all the touristic attractions I visited in Krakow, you can read about them here on TripAdvisor and other sites. For example, start with visiting magnificent churches of Krakow which are all quite close. Enjoy impressive architecture and marvelous interior of these historic edifices. My personal advice is to take a stroll on riverside early in the morning. The streets are mostly empty, you will meet rare dog walkers and joggers. Take a direction to Church on the Rock and then pass through Kazimierz (Jewish District). You will surely get unforgettable impression of Wisla River, its quay and bridges.

Speaking again about hospitality of the hotel, they knew about problems with my luggage and allowed me to stay a bit longer in my room to wait until LOT airline finally delivered my lost luggage to the hotel. They also offered me extra bags to pack my belongings and took my bags for temporary storage while I was enjoying remaining hours in Krakow and waiting for my flight back.
And of course the amiable receptionist arranged a taxi for me to the airport.

Bottom line: now I’m thinking about visiting Krakow in spring or summer. I might consider other hotels but this one will be on the top of that list. I dare to say I can recommend this hotel for others.

Room Tip: "Ask for a window with view to Grodzka street and church of St. Peter and St. Paul." &quo...