“A good choice”
Review of Senacki Hotel

Senacki Hotel
Ranked #10 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location on the Royal Way, close to Market Square and Wawel Castle. There are also some very good restaurants very close by. The staff were extremely helpful. Water is complimentary and there is a good deal in the bar for free coffee/2 for the price of 1 on cocktails from 6-9pm. The mojitas were fantastic. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the bathroom was well equipped, with powerful shower but no bath. There was a good choice of options for breakfast.

Room 404 matched our various requests of quietness, high floor, twin beds. However, there were no curtains on the windows and the blinds did not keep out the light, hence we were waking each morning at 5am. Additionally, the lift stopped at the 3rd floor so we had to reach the room via stairs, which could be a problem for anyone with less mobility.

The bar was located in the basement accessed either by stairs or a lift. There was a very unusual set of steps which had to be negotiated from the lift into the bar. Very few people frequented the bar so we had our cocktails at the tables and chairs on the street.

Room Tip: The hotel is located opposite a church and the bells chime at various intervals. I is also on a mai...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear "shirxx",
I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed by the hotel.
We very much appreciate all your kind words about our staff, rooms and breakfast.
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations in some areas, but please be sure that all suggestions are important to us, please note that our bar in basement is located in historic cellars that why you can find there "unusual set of steps".

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We booked this hotel as we were travelling with family members with walking difficulties so wanted a hotel in the old town with a lift. The trip was a suprise break for my father in law who celebrated his 80th birthday while we were away.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were very helpful and keen to ensure we enjoyed our visit not just to the hotel but to Poland itself. They booked restaurants on our behalf and the porter took our luggage to the corner (the vehicle access to the hotel is restricted) when we were leaving.

The breakfast contained a good selection with hot and cold options or both! I would have preferred to see a platter of fruit rather than fruit salad and it was a shame the 'cellar' area was not in use.

The rooms were fine, great mini bar and the beds comfortable. Ours had a view out onto the main street overlooking the church with the horse drawn carriages going by and various street performers.

Everywhere was spotlessly clean.

We have already booked to return.

Room Tip: As for a room at the front so you overlook the church
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear "Visitor24071999"
Thank you for having chosen the Senacki Hotel for your recent stay in Kraków and for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor.com. Your opinion is very important for us and helps us to continuously improve our service.
I’m very happy that you appreciate our location which combines easy access to history and modernity and that you liked the comfort we provide. It is so good to know that our rooms met your expectations.
I especially thank you for your positive note regarding our staff. It is very pleasant and motivates us to become even better in the future.

I remain at your entire disposal for all further assistance you may require and I look forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel from Monday to Friday so avoided the stag/hen parties we hear so much of, the hotel is on the road between the castle and main square so ideal location for seeing Krakow. Its a 20 minute walk down to the jewish quarters and five minutes to the square. The hotel was very nice and reception helpful with the several requests we made. There is a happy hour downstairs in the hotel which is extremely good value but quiet and underused, we only had breakfast at the hotel which was nice although on the small side.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor in room with a balcony which was nice and handy during hot spells to le...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "TheJointOfHokie",
I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel. It was a pleasure to host you.
I am very pleased to hear such a nice comments about our staff. It is always very motivating for us.

I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again to Senacki hotel in the near future. Should you need any assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is situated very well and the staff, particularly Dorota, are terrific. It is an old, quaint hotel and I do not believe it was worth close to $200 a night.

I had a room on the 4th floor which had two, very small windows and the opening device on one of them was broken. It had an over head window because it was the top floor but I had to get the staff to come up and open it for me. The elevator only went to the third floor so I had to walk up the extra flight. I would not want to do that with heavy suitcases.

Breakfast was mediocre. Part was buffet which was minimal and rather tasteless. Part was from a menu but I did not know what was part of the prepaid breakfast. I asked one of the staff in the restaurant and they said 'yes.' I ordered pancakes which to them is a crepe. It was not good.

I would look elsewhere before choosing this place. For the same price you will get better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Cubsfan1945
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose Hotel Senacki for a 4 night stay in Krakow, primarily based on prior reviews. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It is excellent accommodation and what we liked about it was:

(1) The staff are friendly, helpful and all speak very good English. They will happily organise collection to/from the airport, trips around Krakow and also provide restaurant recommendations.
(2) The location is fantastic being only a few minutes walk from both the main square and from Wawel Hill. There are many restaurants nearby (would recommend Pod Baradem as a treat and Miod Malina for hearty fare).
(3) We stayed in Room 201 (a suite) which overlooked Saints Peters and Paul, a beautiful baroque church - we went to a classical concert in the church on Saturday evening. If you open the windows you can also enjoy the hubbub of humanity passing by and classical guitar or classical singing from outside the church.
(4) The room was well appointed (a mix of modern and traditional) and clean.
(5) Breakfast was continental and/or cooked to request. The choice was plentiful given the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: The suite was worth the additional cost. Room 201 is two floors up and we had no problems sleeping e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheLawMan78
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear "TheLawMan78",
Thank you very much for having chosen Hotel Senacki for your stay in Kraków and for taking your time to post your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com.
We very much appreciate all your kind words about our staff and delighted that you ended up choosing us over our full service competition. I am glad you enjoyed our central location and used it to your advantage when accessing the various landmarks of Krakow. I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable. We are grateful for any comments about breakfasts, every day we try to improve the quality of services.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This Hotel is in a great location but as people have said is on a busy street. I wasnt bothered by the noise and Im not the heaviest of sleapers. Great access to the main square and the castle and a 20 mins walk to the Jewish Quarter. The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Rooms are comfortable clean and the hotel is well cared for,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
OstiHotele, Front Office Supervisor at Senacki Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear "anniebea",
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Despite the slight issue you had with noise, I am so happy to read your comments and how our staff made you feel comfortable during your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our central location and used it to your advantage when accessing the various landmarks of central Krakow.

Thank you once again and on behalf of the whole Hotel Senacki Team, I very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this Hotel with my daughter for 3 nights from 26th-29th April 2014. The location is fantastic very close to the Square, Castle, around a 20 minute walk to the Jewish quarter and also lots of restaurants. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, rooms clean and beds comfortable, the breakfast is excellent, also has a cool bar in the basement. I would highly recommend this hotel for a visit to Krakow. The Hotel will also organise a tour to Auschwitz which is a must if visiting Krakow, this tour also collects from the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear "LondonCharlotte",
We are happy that you chose theHotel senacki on your visit to Kraków. We are conveniently located near Square and other venues such as Jewish quarter, all of these are within walking distance from the Hotel.
I am glad that you liked our room amenities and were able to take advantage of our morning expanded breakfast as well as our bar in the basement.

We appreciate your reviews and look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards,