“Good location”
Review of Alexander Hotel

Alexander Hotel
Ranked #100 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just returned from a three night break from 31st jan 2014.stayed in a twin room in the annex,basic,modern and clean,breakfast was included,would stay here again as it is a five minute walk to the central square,had been snowing when we arrived,rooms were lovely and warm, spacious and beds were very comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrea T

Reviewed 21 January 2014

we stayed for a 2 night stay jan 13th-15th and have to say it was in a great location all round, staff were friendly, room was lovely and clean and warm....breakfast was superb you would have to be a hard to please person if there wasn't anything on the buffet to please you as choose was very good and dining area was spotless....hope to return to Krakow and stay here again....also trip to Auschwitz and Birkenau is a must

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank steph_willott
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Good points: Hotel very clean, rooms quite spacious and mostly cleaned, breakfast excellent. Location very good.
Bad points: Before I booked I asked if the hotel was disabled friendly and was told it was. It MOST DEFINATELY was not. From the street there were 2 steps up into the foyer, no ramp in site. I had to lift my rollator (walking frame with wheels) up the steps. There was no problem getting to our 2nd floor room as there was a lift. Biggest problem was getting to the breakfast room which was in the cellar. The lift stopped at the foyer. There were 2 flights of steps to negotiate, one of about 15 steps and the second about 4 and they were quite slippy even when dry and they were washed daily at breakfast time. When I mentioned the problems to the reception staff (male who spoke good English) all he did was shrug his shoulders. On the main door of the hotel there is a sticker stating the hotel is disabled friendly. IT IS NOT.

Room Tip: Free wifi available in foyer and on 1st floor only.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graham H
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights & it was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.
They put me in the shack next door to the main hotel, a separate building which seemed like a cheaply converted apartment. You get a key to the building and another to your room. The entrance was dirty & it was downhill from here.

TERRIBLY NOISY: The rooms are arranged around a central wooden staircase which meant that it was terribly noisy with people using the staircase constantly. The walls are thin and I could constantly hear people moving about on the floor above me. Those above me were up at early daily.

DIRTY: Vacuuming wasn't done daily. Beddings were stained & dirty from day one & were never changed despite my request to have it changed. The mattress was disgusting & I was constantly itching from the bed mites biting me. This got so bad that I had to sleep in my clothes for the last two nights. Showers weren't cleaned daily & on the last nights stay, when I returned at 3pm, they hadn't bothered to clean my room at all, no towels replaced, no nothing.

SERVICE: Staff were very uninterested & unhelpful. Even when I told them that my room hadn't been cleaned, no apologies, no nothing, they sternly told me to wait which I did in the lobby & they didn't even bother to tell me when it had been completed. No shampoo provided either.

The combination of noise and the itching meant that I got about 3 hours sleep every night. I was exhausted throughout my stay. I had a terrible holiday.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank KeepTravellingMak
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed in the hotel in September. The room was very nice (tea and coffee, free WiFII, nice view). The stuff helped us a lot. On the last day we had to leave early before breakfast and they prepared us breakfast to take with us. It was extremely nice ;)
And of course, hotel location is very convenient!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ginasun25
Reviewed 5 January 2014

If you are looking to stay at a good local hotel, instead of a faceless chain, Hotel Alexander is a great 3* option.

The location is very good, 2 stops by tram from the bus/train station. 2 minutes walk from the Market Square. Lots of restaurants around. Free WiFi. Very decent breakfast. Courteous and helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vrab
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for 4 days begining Dec.,we enjoyed our stay. We had street facing room which was well equiped flat screen tv tea coffee making etc.the staff were very helpful and had good english.hotel provided us with a good visitor book and some maps. The location is great a short walk to the main square.breakfast was fine plenty of fruit few cereals and some hot options and plenty of polish bread with jams & honey etc.it was around 2 or 3 degrees when we were there and our room was warm we had no problems with the heat. I would have given this hotel another star if hotel had a bar it didnt so you didnt really get to meet other guests. Plenty of bars in krakow the prices were cheap same with food. We really enjoyed krakow people were friendly and helpful when out and about.The christmas markets were open and everywere had a lovely christmas atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple