Wielopole Hotel
US$179
US$170
Orbitz.com
1,314 results
All reviewsold townthe main squarejewish quarterthe holiday inngreat hotelcherry vodkaexcellent locationrecommend this hotelreception staffsmall hotelfive minute walksalt minesgood sizesingle roomscrambled eggssmall balconycomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights with friends. Within easy walking distance of main square where you are spoiled for choice with restaurants & bars. The reception staff in particular were the nicest, most helpful I have ever encountered, nothing is too much trouble and they are always cheerful. Room was cleaned every day. We ate dinner in hotel restaurant once. There was plenty choice but we had to send back 2 dishes as they were cold (which was dealt with immediately and cheerfully). There isn't really a bar area to sit in for a quiet drink as restaurant/bar are one but there is so much choice just along the road, you would be missing out if you stayed in the hotel. Would absolutely stay in this hotel again and have recommended to numerous friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shirleydoll S
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights during the Euro tournament and was very pleased. The hotel is located within walking distance of the "old city" and a short drive to the train station. The rooms were very pleasent and clean, a safe is located in each room which was a plus. Breakfast is served until 10 or 11am, which was very convenient for people that had a late night. The receptionists were very kind and helpful with giving us directions, they supply guests with a small map that was very useful. Also, if it's raining, their are umbrellas that guests can use.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed here in May 2009, and again in May 2012 ( 4 nights this time). I had a corner room like I did last time. The hotel is clean and quiet. The only issue I had was an adjacent building to the hotel was doing construction and one morning i started to hear banging sounds. I called reception and they first said they were out of rooms. Then they called me back in my room and told me they did have another room, so i had to pack up and move all my stuff to another room for just one night, but it was worth doing. The new room was a room facing the street. I moved mid morning. Yes, you could hear street sounds and some noise because i was on 2nd floor facing street, but it really was not all that bad. It leveled off during the night and did not disturb my sleep ( and i am a pretty light sleeper), so facing street was really ok, noise didnt continue into night. Breakfast was included in rate. Breakfast room is in basement of hotel but is not very big, so if they have any big groups you may not get a table immediately but the tables seemed to turn over quickly. Food was good, eggs, rolls, meats, cereals. They didnt have fruit every day though.
Location Walkable to most places. Short walk to train station and Galleria Krakowska. Short walk to old town, easy walk to Kazmirez ( 15-20 minute easy walk), I also walked to Plaszow concentration camp from here and the Schindler factory. It took awhile but was do-able. Plenty of nice restaurants nearby as well as a nice grocery store close by. Post office down the street

There is free wifi in your room and you get an excellent signal

CONs: I guess only thing i could say is the room was pretty small so if you have a medium luggage, its going to take up a good portion of the room. In 2009 they used to offer coffee and cookies at a certain time in the afternoon, but they took that away. I guess no big deal, but it was nice to come back after a long day of walking and the cookies be there in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask if there is any construction going on to avoid staying near those rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bavavia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I recently stayed at the Wielopole Hotel in Krakow - wanted to drop a quick note.

The hotel is very centrally located within walking distance to the CityCenter. With luggage it may be a bit difficult but the train station is just a 10min nice walk. I got in very early in the morning (6am) and they got me my room as an early checkin. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff! Couple of bank ATMs are next door and the Post Offce is across the street. The coffee shop next door is very good btw (plus they have free Wi-fi too).
Breakfast @ Weilopole was nice with a good selection (though the coffee could have been better ;-)).
For siteseeing, I would highly recommend the freewalking tour - especially Sophia. She was superb! She does 2 daily walks one to old town and another to the Jewish quarters. She is also available for private tours around the city - you can reach her at: zosia@zgodzinski.com.
For tours to Auschwitz/Saltmines etc. I would recommend krakowdirect.com.

Happy travels my friends ...

LBBarron

LBBarron

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LBBarron
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We have just returned from Krakow having spent three nights at Wielopole. We were travelling with three other couples and booked superior rooms. None of us were disappointed with the choice of hotel. We were all on different floors, 306, 406, 506 and 606. The rooms were clean and comfortable with modern bathrooms. Toiletries were provided, as well as slippers - nice little touch, but if you needed anything else you could just ask the staff at reception. The breakfast was typical continental with ham, cheese, pastries, as well as sausages and poached/scrambled eggs. It is situated in a good location, only 5-10 mins walk to the main square. The staff are very helpful and arranged a tour for some of our group, which was good value for money. This was my husbands and myselfs 5th or 6th visit to Krakow, having stayed previously at Hotel Matejko. That was a great hotel also, but we fancied a change, and to be honest prefer hote Wielopole (its a little bit more up to date but still cant fault the other). Returned to the UK the day before the England Team arrived in Krakow - maybe could have planned that better. We will return next year (if not sooner).

Room Tip: Superior rooms good size and comfortable. Facing the rear and nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple