“A Good Hostel”

Ranked #28 of 420 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Liverpool
“A Good Hostel”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed at this hostel in June 2009... first thing is that I thought that the place was very welcoming and friendly on every single aspect of our trip.... we arrived early and could not check in but the girl behind the reception offered us very good assistance and maps so that we could start lookin around.

With 3 of us on the trip we booked a triple room and although very basic it was clean and very very pleasant. It was very hot the day we arrived and whilst the room was not the coolest it was certainly not uncomfortable.

I must say i was a little worried about the shared bathrooms...but again I personally could not fault them.. they were being cleaned twice while i used them and the standard seemed very very good.

For how little they charged and how great a place Krakow is the Atlantis Hostel is a great place to crash after seeing the sights or partying (we did both) and i would recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
northern ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights when interrailing round Eastern Europe in '06. This place is in a good location opposite the Jewish Quarter but still close to city centre.

Bathrooms were sparkling clean twice a day. Individual toilet cubicles and individual, lockable shower cubicles.

Didn't have a common room or kitchen but there are cheap restaurants serving local dishes nearby and a corner shop afew doors down.

This is the cleanest, friendliest hostel I have stayed at and the staff were very helpful at helping organise acouple of day trips to Salt Mines and Auschwitz through a local company.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — The hostel would benefit from having a small kitchen and lounge area. Also internet access and washing facilites
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bibarama
Reviewed 10 November 2007

I just came back from Atlantis Hostel.

The nice athmosphere and friendliness talked about it's a complete lie.
I found the staff being really not helpful and not going that step further to please customers.
At my arrival the door's numbered keypad to the 3rd floor was broken, and when I informed the girl in reception she just said "you should go and try again because it has been working all day" and when I turned out to be right she never apologised for the inconvenience or at least for not believing me.
The following day I came back to my dorm to find out someone has taken my bed.When I informed the same receptionist she said I should talk to the person who took it and not complain to her.I really had to push her to get keys to a different dorm.

Not once I was asked 'How are you' or 'thank you, have a nice journey' when I was leaving. I reckon this is just basic customer service in any hospitality establishment, so when they call themselves 'friendly' and 'Well-trained and nice staff' is totally inappropriate.

I am now back in London where I discovered I got SCABIES .Which is what I believe I got from those horrendus duvets and pillows and generally mattresses.
With the high turnover of visitors they must have I wonder how often they change those.
From my experience I'd say they never had.So when they talk about clean rooms, you should really think twice.

The location and bathrooms are the only two things I would rate about the premises.

There are plenty of other hostels in Krakow and many more cheap Hotels and B&B, so please do yourself a favour and book elsewhere!

Stayed November 2007
darwen
Reviewed 23 August 2007

The hostel is clean, spacious and the staff are very friendly and speak excellent English! You will not be devastated by this hostel!!!!

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank janekp123
Argentina
Reviewed 2 October 2006

I made a reservation trought e-mail, three months before. They said that a double room will be waiting for me. When I got there they did not had a double room for me and the rest of the rooms had been booked already. After that, they kindly offered me to send me with a taxi to another hostel that had spare rooms. When we arrived to the other hostel it didn't had any spare rooms as well, and the girl at the reception told us that she had already warned people from Atlantis Hostel that she had no rooms.
So watch out!!!!!

Stayed September 2006
6 Thank ocin
gzira
Reviewed 1 October 2006

We were a group of 13 persons, who lived in the the Atlantis hostel for a week - Tidy rooms, helpful staff (who speak english very well), tidy bathrooms, good value for money and it is located 10 mins walk from the Krakow centre. Do not be afriad of the hostel's entrance because it is weird but the third floor(the one we were living in) was really miodern and great. Thanks. Chris (Malta)

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank buga007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 November 2005

The good thing about Atlantis was that it had multiple bathrooms on each floor, so we weren't waiting in line forever. They didn't seem that clean, though. The bad part is that since there's no air conditioning, all the windows had to be left open, so tons of bugs flew in. The open windows also meant a fair amount of noise. Someone staying on our floor started playing a guitar at 1am, but a staff member made him stop. The staff was really helpful and spoke English well. They organize tours to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines for you. For an American, Poland is pretty cheap, so you can probably find a better place to stay for a decent price.

• Stayed July 2005