“Centrally located, clean and cheap”
Review of Atlantis Hostel

Atlantis Hostel
Ranked #29 of 412 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Madrid, Spain
“Centrally located, clean and cheap”
Reviewed 14 October 2010

If you are looking for a cheap place to sleep near the historical center of Krakow and the Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz), this is your place! The rooms are basic but spacious and the bathroom was always clean! The staff was also friendly and polite. There is no common room/kitchen at the hostel but the area is full of restaurants, bars and pubs so it's not a big deal to find a place to eat or meet people.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ilargi_ig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This place is budget as. But is good for what you pay.
Cheap as we paid 60zl for 2 ppl in a 6 dorm rm for one night.
No common area or kitchen,
Free wireless net
clean toilets and bathrooms
Good for the price
would recommend for those who want no frills, just a place to sleep and shower.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Slap bang in between the main square and Jewish quarter. Rooms were large and airy, good hot showers, tea and coffee making facilities. The only thing it could have done with is a common room or bar. But for the price, would definitely recommend :o)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Hello,

I am very unhappy with this place. Very stained carpet, bad smell in the bedroom and on the corridor, flies in the bedroom and some beetles in the bathroom. No Air Conditioning, WiFi only at the reception, no lift, unfriendly staff treating me and my mother as if we wanted to run away without paying. Bathrooms were shared (at least they stated that upfront) but quite clean (skipping mentioned beetles). Hostel was full of youth, who were having fun all over the place until around 1am, screaming and making very loud noise (no reaction from the staff). Good place for a drinking bout, if you do not care about much more than cheap alcohol from the local shop. Location is quite good, however for slightly higher price you can get accommodation at much higher standard and closer to the centre. If you are driving, you might expect problems with finding parking space. There was two of us, but we got only one key, which wasn't the most convenient approach.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank Polprodukt
Liverpool
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed at this hostel in June 2009... first thing is that I thought that the place was very welcoming and friendly on every single aspect of our trip.... we arrived early and could not check in but the girl behind the reception offered us very good assistance and maps so that we could start lookin around.

With 3 of us on the trip we booked a triple room and although very basic it was clean and very very pleasant. It was very hot the day we arrived and whilst the room was not the coolest it was certainly not uncomfortable.

I must say i was a little worried about the shared bathrooms...but again I personally could not fault them.. they were being cleaned twice while i used them and the standard seemed very very good.

For how little they charged and how great a place Krakow is the Atlantis Hostel is a great place to crash after seeing the sights or partying (we did both) and i would recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
northern ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights when interrailing round Eastern Europe in '06. This place is in a good location opposite the Jewish Quarter but still close to city centre.

Bathrooms were sparkling clean twice a day. Individual toilet cubicles and individual, lockable shower cubicles.

Didn't have a common room or kitchen but there are cheap restaurants serving local dishes nearby and a corner shop afew doors down.

This is the cleanest, friendliest hostel I have stayed at and the staff were very helpful at helping organise acouple of day trips to Salt Mines and Auschwitz through a local company.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — The hostel would benefit from having a small kitchen and lounge area. Also internet access and washing facilites
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bibarama
Reviewed 10 November 2007

I just came back from Atlantis Hostel.

The nice athmosphere and friendliness talked about it's a complete lie.
I found the staff being really not helpful and not going that step further to please customers.
At my arrival the door's numbered keypad to the 3rd floor was broken, and when I informed the girl in reception she just said "you should go and try again because it has been working all day" and when I turned out to be right she never apologised for the inconvenience or at least for not believing me.
The following day I came back to my dorm to find out someone has taken my bed.When I informed the same receptionist she said I should talk to the person who took it and not complain to her.I really had to push her to get keys to a different dorm.

Not once I was asked 'How are you' or 'thank you, have a nice journey' when I was leaving. I reckon this is just basic customer service in any hospitality establishment, so when they call themselves 'friendly' and 'Well-trained and nice staff' is totally inappropriate.

I am now back in London where I discovered I got SCABIES .Which is what I believe I got from those horrendus duvets and pillows and generally mattresses.
With the high turnover of visitors they must have I wonder how often they change those.
From my experience I'd say they never had.So when they talk about clean rooms, you should really think twice.

The location and bathrooms are the only two things I would rate about the premises.

There are plenty of other hostels in Krakow and many more cheap Hotels and B&B, so please do yourself a favour and book elsewhere!

Stayed November 2007