“Excellent”

Ostoya Palace Hotel
Ranked #132 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We’ve just returned from a brilliant four night stay at Ostoya Palace. The hotel suited all of our needs – the room and bathroom were clean and extremely spacious, and the staff were very friendly and attentive. It was also ideally located – a couple of minutes from the main square and within walking distance of most of the other key sites. Breakfast was substantial and set us up well for the day.

We got a bus to/from the airport, which stopped just round the corner (far cheaper than a taxi at 3.80zl per person each way)

I would definitely recommend Ostoya Palace and would be sure to return if in Krakow again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura2687

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Quiet, cheap, clean, friendly, good location. It was only £134 for a twin room for 3 nights - were were really pleasantly surprised at the high standard of the room. It looks as if it's had a bit of an overhaul - the bathroom was fab, very modern, corner baths, separate shower cubicle and lots of hot water! Clean with maid service each day and new towels even though we didn't need them. Dressing gowns provided which was a lovely bonus. Level of English spoken by the staff was fine, very helpful. It was so quiet that we felt we were the only ones there! We had breakfast there one morning as we were being picked up early for a trip, and it was fine, lots of choice including some hot options, but of course not necessarily what you would choose in the UK! (radishes and red pepper for example, and I don't usually have cucumber and lettuce with my scrambled egg, but all a fun experience!). It was cheap compared to the UK (30 zloty/about £7) but the next two mornings we went into the market square and had a full English breakfast with tea/coffee for 17 zloty/£4! Would definitely stay at the Ostoya again. Oh, and there's a free safe in the room!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which was on ground level and had no 'through traffic' so to speak, as t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I lived with a friend in a twin room #14 for four nights in November 2013. It was a standard room but it was very spacious compared to many other european standard rooms I have been staying in. The room was clean and nicely furnished with dark wood furniture and wooden floor. The bathroom was small but ok and clean. The wifi was for free and I have never ever had such a fast wifi connection on any hotel +++ On the con side, there were just polish channels on the telly, so we ended up watching a channel with polish music videos during the whole stay since we at least could understand the music ;) Another thing was the beds. We had bad luck to get really hard beds, I don't know it's the same kind of beds in all rooms though.

The hotel is located appr. 3-4 min walk outside Old Town District and on the street you will find at least four restaurants within a 2-3 min walk. There is a nice pub/restaurant in the basement of the hotel that we went to a lot after a day out to have a drink or a meal. The prices are low and the quality is good with MUCH food on the plate. We also tried the house cherry vodka for a bargain! (4 zl for a single shot).

The breakfast was quite small but delicate. You had the possibility to order hot food for free (scrabled with bacon/ham, mushroom omelette, hard boiled eggs or boiled frankfurters) that was delivered to your table.

The staff was very kind and helpful even though it seemed like they were to many on duty compared to the amount of guests so they looked a bit bored - but keen to help ;)

I can really recommend this hotel for friends and couples who would like a personal hotel, central but not right in the tourist area. Will def stay there again when in Krakow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in Oct 2013. The hotel is about a 5 minute walk down one street from the main square. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We booked a double room and it was a good size, it had one double bed and one single bed. The room was absolutely spotless with a well stocked mini bar (only thing we used was a nice chilled bottle of water after one too many vodkas). We had breakfast one morning at the hotel, it was a good selection of meat, cheese, bread, jam, cereal, fruit juices, etc.This hotel has a lot of charm, not your commercial chain type hotel. Loved my stay here and if I go back to Krakow I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: The second floor room we had only had velux windows so no view but they opened and let in enough lig...
3  Thank ashleyzissou
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night stay in this lovely hotel. It is in a very good location and is a hotel with a lot of old world charm. The room was very spacious and the shower was strong with plenty of hot water, Above all, the staff were very helpful. The first night we arrived, I realised that I had left my wallet on the plane seat! The lady on reception could not have been more helpful. She instantly made some phone calls to try to see if my wallet had been handed in, which luckily it had! Trying to do this sort of thing on my own would have been very time consuming, so her help was very appreciated. Will definitely return!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our trip to Krakow. We stayed for four nights in October. The hotel was very clean and tidy and all of the staff were helpful and spoke good English. The hotel is only a short walk away from the old town and the castle on the river, about 5-10 minutes in each direction. Because of this the area is quiet, which suited us fine. There is a tram line and a bus route out front, but the windows kept out all of the outside noise. My husband was woken each morning around 7am, we think by the staff getting ready for breakfast, but he is a notoriously light sleeper and I did not wake.

The bed was enormous and very comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate but rather small. It functions well enough but the shower cubicle took some getting used to as every time I turned around I knocked the tap with my elbow.

Breakfast was a good continental selection with hot options if requested. We had breakfast included in the room price and found it good value.

The only disappointment was the pub/restaurant underneath the hotel. The food was very nice and good value. We ate here four times. My husband is a very fussy eater and the staff were more than happy to prepare a very plain grilled chicken which was not on the menu. The drinks selection left something to be desired. I was given a wine menu but upon selection, I was told that they no longer stock those wines. The following night I decided to try a cocktail but was told they no longer stock and of the ingredients except the rum for my mojito. In the end I gave up trying and we just had pepsi each time and had wine elsewhere.

All in all a good stay. This hotel is a great base from which to see the city. Close to bus and tram links and within very easy walking distance. Quiet and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms tend to vary in size and although we seemed to have the smaller room, it was still adequate.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Hotel offers comfortable rooms, quite spacious so You can stay there with Your whole family. Big advantage is location in walking distance to the central old market. Unfortunately service works like in old "Orbis" hotels although is quite helpful. Breakfast could be much better. Also breakfast room.
But generally ok.