“Agree with the reviews , the staff was rude”
Review of Qubus Hotel Krakow

Qubus Hotel Krakow
Ranked #49 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Costa Rica
“Agree with the reviews , the staff was rude”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were a group staying at the Qubus for two nights. The reservations lady was really helpful and patient with all my questions. She immediately answered my email, something which is appreciated.It is a very modern and nice hotel recommended to me. I found the rooms to be in the smaller size and the lack of tea making facilities is a minus for a 4 star hotel. I went down one day to request a kettle and the receptionist told me that I should go and buy one coffee at the bar. Also found that one of the night receptionists was rude, I urgently needed to call a restaurant because we were running late and just returning from a tour, and did not have the number. She did not want to help me. The manager gave me the number but again she did not want to help me with the local call arguing that I can only do it in my room because phone calls had a charge. I was not requesting a free phone call if it was the case, I running against time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
QubusHotel, Dyrektor generalny at Qubus Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to writea review following your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that you find one of our staff member rude and unhelpful. At the same time I would like to thank you for letting us know about such situations so we can try to prevent them in the future. Last Wednesday we organized a special customer service training for all our receptionists. I am sure it will improve the standard of guest service at our hotel. If you decide to give our hotel the second chance we do our best to make your stay as best as it can be.
I do sincerely hope that we will see you again.

Jarosław Gbyl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Essex, UK
Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Qubus hotel was a lovely base for a short break in Krakow. The reception staff were very helpful and spoke fantastic English. Rooms were a good size and very clean. Loved the pool and jacuzzi and the spectacular views of the City. Within walking distance to the Old Jewish Quarter and some fantastic bars and restaurants.

There was plenty of choice at breakfast but with most hotels, I felt it was rather expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Hotel is very clean & the breakfast is excellent, even smoked salmon every day. The only downside was no tea making facilities in the room & on enquiry the reply was rather brusque. We have travelled all over the world & quite frankly would have expected this amenity in a 4star hotel. My husband was then charged for 2 cups of coffee from the breakfast buffet to take to our room!!! Swimming pool great & also free. The boat & it's Captain were a complete joy, thank you Andrew we enjoyed every minute. The reception & restaurant staff were very efficient & unobtrusive, however it would have been lovely to have seen them smile more often. As other comments have said no managerial presence was very evident either on arriving or leaving. We used to catch the boat to Walwel Castle & then enjoy the stroll back through the Jewish Quarter, about a 20 minute walk. We thoroughly enjoyed Krakow, the free walking tours are huge fun & our visit to Auschwitz was a very profound & thought provoking experience, emotional too.We booked through Viatour & had an excellent guide, who spoke fluently & from the heart with great compassion & respect. All in all we would stay at the Qubus Hotel again

Room Tip: We emailed the hotel & requested a room on the 6th or 7th floor with a river view. On arrivals w...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maurice084
Monsey, New York
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The staff was amazing and the room as well(we upgraded to a suite, (well worth it) the bike rental is convenient and the captain of the boat was extremely helpful the only issue that I have is there is no hot water urn in the room s aside from that everything was great and I definitely would stay again

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
QubusHotel, Dyrektor generalny at Qubus Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Qubus Hotel Kraków.
We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and its services and hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Bermuda
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Was only in Krakow for 2 days and 3 nites. Hotel was great, restaurant food meh...
Hotel is kind of nowhere too. Right by the river and air balloon rides but not in town at all.
Was a tour in the hotel at the same time as we were too. This normally a bad thing but this tour was made up of about 30 makeup models so not so bad!
I would stay again...

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MrBillTong
USA
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is located a good distance from the city center. Not a big issue for those comfortable using public transportation. The staff are not well trained and could not answer questions. Both in the dining room and reception I asked if I could speak with the manager. In the dining room they didn't know who was in charge. The manager at the reception wouldn't come out. I was needing to extend a stay due to a wife being in the hospital. Just told NO. Reception manager didn't even come out from her office and explain this herself. Dining room only opens at 7:00, though there is a big demand to open earlier. Lots of tour groups.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pro-travelguy
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at Qubus Hotel Kraków. First of all, I would like to personally apologize for all inconveniences you have described in your review. I am sorry that our service was lacking in some areas on the occasion of your stay and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. As far as I am concerned we were not able to extend your stay due to the full occupancy and that is why we helped you in booking the room at the hotel in neighbourhood at a very special price. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope that you reconsider and stay with us again in the future. Feel more than welcome.

Ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hotel itself is clean, new and modern and has plenty of facilities. The overall booking experience was an absolute disaster. I made my booking through a 3rd party .com site, lets call it a booking website. The booking I made was for a pay during your stay option. I then received a phone call from my bank one week before my arrival to advise me that they had pre-authorised a payment on my card! I was a little confused as to how this had happened as I had given my card details to just guarantee the booking but I had not given my security pin code or the three digits on the back of my card. When I called the hotel to query this I was met with a fairly impolite attitude by one of the male staff members. I told him I had not agreed to this pre-auth and that I wanted it removed off my card. He then tried to cancel my booking until I asked for a Manager and it suddenly was no longer an issue. There was a number of discussions throughout the week with my bank and the hotel but with no success and a number of incorrect replies from the staff. When checking the site later in the week I noticed that the hotel now had the same offer for less money so I cancelled my original booking and rebooked at the cheaper rate. Naturally this also became an issue as they attempted to push through another pre-auth on my card without cancelling the first. The staff were rude and of no help what so ever on the phone and I was so annoyed at the fact they continued to push through transaction on my card without my permission. I would certainly not use this booking site or this hotel again.
In general the hotel was fine but is not in the best location, the view from the room was rubbish and the staff consistently pestered us for change at the bar. This is certainly not the place for me so I shall not be returning or recommending.

Room Tip: There is plenty of hotels in Krakow, try get something near the old town. It is a fantastic city, fu...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lostandlooking
QubusHotel, Dyrektor generalny at Qubus Hotel Krakow, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at Qubus Hotel Kraków. I am very concerned to hear about all inconveniences you have described in your review. Let me just explain that most booking websites requires the credit card number in order to guarantee the reservation. It means that the hotel is authorized to make a pre-authorization on the guest’s credit card. It usually takes a few days to removed it off the credit card after for example the free cost cancellation. However, please accept my truly apologize and be sure that we do our best to improve the service at the hotel. I am really sorry that your visit at Qubus Hotel Kraków did not meet your expectations.
I do sincerely hope that we will see you again.