“Service is a 6 star out of 5 Stars. Excellent Staff!”

Cracowdays Apartments
Ranked #4 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Winnipeg, Canada
“Service is a 6 star out of 5 Stars. Excellent Staff!”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed only one night but wish it was more and I will be back. Checked in by Joanne who spoke great English and was very nice and there to help. Parents actually lived in Canada. She made us nice cappucino and this is free all day! Next morning it was Eva serving us with a smiley face and the breakfast is worth 6 Euro's all day long. I like European style breakfasts. Good cheeses, breads, meats, fruits, etc, and eggs if you want. Did mention good cappucinno's! Eva was exceptionally helpful and gaves us a reference for the Zeleho Garden (Zeleno) Green Garden restaurant across the street in a neat courtyard and expetional food at a good value. Hotel is apartment style in a classic old building with great security and modern look rooms. Good internet and Eva let us store bags there all day and we came back at night to pick them up and she was still working. The people make the difference they say in business and this can be said of the Cracowdays. I will be back not just for the beauty of Krakow!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Brandonboy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
NJ
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Well the stat started out good, the hostess at the reception was very nice and allowed us to store our bags until our room was ready. It didn't go well from there... The hotel was in a decent area (close to the square) but you would of thought you were in a war zone and staying at Fort Knox. Lock on the outside door, lock to get into the reception area, lock to get into the hallway and then a double lock on the room. All of this without any access cards. This was not a great first impression. Ok, that's ok.. not so bad right? I was coming from the states and my cell phone didn't work in Europe so I bought a calling card to get in touch with my folks in the US. There is no phone in the room so I go to the reception to use their phone with the phone card... BUT there is NO phone and I get a response that everyone has mobile phones. OK, I was still half way satisfied with the hotel. It was on my last day that it just went over the top. I asked for a 1/2 hour delay in my check out time since my cab was coming to pick us up at 11:30 (11 was the check out). The girl at the reception didn't give me too much flack about it and said it was OK. At 11:15 I get a knock on my door and it was the cleaning lady and said what I'm still doing in the room. I tell her kindly that I spoke to reception and my check out is at 11:30. She starts going off and saying she needs to clean the room and check out is at 11. I tell her again, my check out time is at 11:30. She continues to rant about getting out since she needs to clean. So basically we got kicked out of the room by the housekeeping lady.. at a #1 hotel in Krakow... This is NOT a #1 hotel. I give it two stars just because the girl in the beginning was very polite.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dmk112
Sacramento, California, USA
Reviewed 26 June 2011

From the outside and the entry, you'd think this apartment building lacked charm. But the rooms were bright, modern, and cheerful. Our check-in and orientation were great, and were easily sent out in the right direction for exploring Krakow. We found it a little difficult to find since we were under the impression it was in the old city (close but not steps away from the square), but other than that, we'd recommend it highly and perhaps the best value for our dollar in the city.

• Stayed June 2011
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I found the place to be an excellent deal. It is a good combination of a hotel and an apartment. Great rooms, common kitchen all
Modern. Close to the city center. Fantastic service. All 3 staff I met were great (Eva, Joanna and the person who works in the night). They are better than concierges in most 5 star hotels and very responsive.
I would come back here with my whole family kids and all next time. It is that good.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Roadbiker17
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I never normally get around to writing reviews but I had such a fantastic time at Cracowdays that I feel compelled to!

It felt less like a hotel and more like a home from home. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was great with plenty to choose from and it was nice to have access to the kitchen to make hot drinks in the evening.
WiFi was much appreciated and made planning the next day a simple task.
The staff were great and more than helpful with suggestions for eating out and trips to take.

I booked on the strength of reviews on this site - don't bother looking anywhere else - it's as good as it sounds! I can't think of anything I would change.

I especially like that it looks nothing from the outside - a hidden gem!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelbug201106
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This is a unique property in the heart of a beautiful city. Our experience with Cracowdays started with the prompt, friendly and efficient replies to our email queries prior to booking. We booked a triple room with 3 single beds.

Upon arrival at the apartments, we where met at the door and given a detailed, guided tour of our room as well as the rest of the property which was an appreciated and unique touch. Our room was on the ground floor overlooking the street. It was large, spacious, extremely clean and most notably, smelled so fresh. The bathroom was also large with a wonderful shower. Beds are extremely comfortable with a huge soft pillow as well as a smaller one and beautiful bedding.

Just outside our room was the ground floor guest kitchen which we where free to use at any time. It featured an espresso machine, cooker hob and fridge. There was also a laptop in the hall to use and free WiFi.

Upstairs, on the second floor there is also a second kitchen to use as well as the superior rooms and reception area with another computer available to guests. Fresh orchids where to be found in the our room, the hallways and kitchens.

We had breakfast on both days of our stay which was excellent value at around £5. A wonderful spread of continental options from high quality cheeses to yoghurts, excellent bread, juice and the offer of eggs if desired. Espresso coffees where also on offer.

All staff we made contact with during our stay where incredibly friendly, helpful, hospitable and smiley and are a credit to the property.

The hotel is around 10 minutes walk to the Main Square in Krakow, 15 minutes to Wawel and 20 minutes to the train station. Trams are 2 minutes away.

In summary, this is wonderful property which I would have no hesitation in recommending and would love to stay at again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the superior room.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Fribourg, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This refreshing Anti-Hotel (rather kind of a luxury youth hostel) will make you feel at home. No five star atmosphere, no frills, but a genuine hospitality as well as a cozy, charming environment - and only eight rooms.

The hotel is run by Joanna and Eva, two angels who are doing everything to make your stay in Cracow as enjoyable and interesting as possible. Breakfast is OK, the location is good (and quiet) and the rooms are comfortable

If you are - as me - fed up of the Radissons, Hiltons and other "leading" hotels of the world: that's the place to go!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business