“Perfect base for Krakow”

Cracowdays Apartments
Ranked #4 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Reading, United Kingdom
“Perfect base for Krakow”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I can only but agree with most or the reviews before me. This is a great place to stay and excellent value for money. The contact before hand was good so we always knew what was happening. We were greeted, shown around, given a handout with restaurants (you get a10% discount if you show your Cracowdays keyfob), churches, a map and some useful Polish phrases and left in peace which is how I like it. It is clean but rustic with some great features and the rooms have names rather than numbers. There is an honesty bar in the kitchen and free use of the computer in the lobby. It is about a 10 - 15 min walk to the main square but the tram is just outside if you want to use that. There is also a wonderful restaurant opposite. If I was coming back to Krakow I would be looking to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Quietman70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Fresh, Clean, Great Location, Perfect

I couldn't of been more pleased with this great little find! It was really easy to find, with the directions given to us when we booked, we had a warm welcome and instanlty felt at ease. We only had the pleasure of dealing with Evlina and she was lovely and couldn't do enough for us, we were offered a drink while we went through the payment details which was lovely and given lots of information on Krakow and different things to do and see and was recommened a fantastic place for dinner that evening and given a very handy map which helped alot. It doesn't look a lot from the outside (which made it all the more appealing to me) but it is extremly beautiful on the inside. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Everything and more was supplied, towels, hairdryer, umbrellas, shower gel and shampoo (should you need it) Wifi is included in the price and I didn't have any problems with connection, there are even Macs to use. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that but having access to a well facilitated kitchen was great. The beds were very comfortable and didn't hear any noise during the night - Even with having the window open. Shower was great. I didn't think the frosted glass door on the bathroom was particularly nice as who ever your with can still see everything but thats my only quarm and it's a very small one at that.

I can't recommed Cracowdays enough.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ACouch
Leeds
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I can't believe what a great place this is. From the moment we arrived the hostess was so friendly and gave us a tour of the place. It's clean, light, beautiful and has everything you could possibly need including wifi, an Apple computer and a well stocked kitchen.

The room was gorgeous, high ceilings with a great feature stove in the corner which the hostess spoke to me about when I showed an interest. Beautiful curtains, orchids and lilies everywhere, a clean modern bathroom and the bed was really comfy too :) We slept with the window open as the weather was warm, and there was no noise from the street.

My one critique would be the bathroom door... it's a bit unnerving when you're on the loo or in the shower and your mate's walking around outside the door!!

The hostess was really helpful in providing info on restaurants and local amenities. The location is perfect as everything in Krakow is just a 10 minute walk away.

I would urge anyone visiting Krakow to stay at Cracowdays and have already told a lot of my friends this.

The most amazing thing is the value for money. Can't go wrong!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Grafton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We recently stayed at Cracowdays for four days. We had a great stay. Joanna, Evelyn and Alexandra were great hosts. I had email conversations prior to our stay and all of my questions were graciously answered by the attentive staff. They accommodated all of our requests. The breakfasts that they provided were very nicely done. I used their IPAD and it was great for information and communications. There is also free WiFi! The location is within about 10 min walking distance of the main square. You can also take the tram on Karmelicka. We're looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MA_Gray_Ghost
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Staff is very friendly and helpful regarding city, tours and bus routes. Great location within walking distance to the main square. Computer and breakroom access an added benefit. Room met expectations and was clean and stocked appropriately. I would have preferred a bathroom which did not have a frosted glass door for privacy reasons. Did not take advantage of the breakfast offer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jacalynclayton
san francisco
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Recently stayed at Cracowdays with a group of friends so I saw 3 rooms. The rooms were spacious and clean and had more charm than I expected from the pictures. Loved that we had access to the breakfast room, which had a fridge available for guest use, during the afternoons and evenings, access to computer. Everyone who worked there was helpful and informative. The only negative is that one of our group who had a room on the floor below the Reception Desk area had only cold water for showers 2 days in a row. After the first cold shower he was advised that the problem had been fixed but he found out the next day that this was not correct. I will stay here again if I am ever back in Kracow. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
New York
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We had a great experience living at Cracowdays. Great location...very convenient as it's on a side street near the old town. Max of 10 min walking to the old square, and there are many restaurants and shops along the way. The B&B is very clean, cozy, and roomy at the same time! The host is very friendly and very accommodating. Highly recommend for family or group of friends who are looking for something local and charming that is not a hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family