“A Real Gem”

Ranked #6 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Tynemouth, UK
“A Real Gem”
Reviewed 10 November 2008

We have had a glorious time in Cracow and it was definitely thanks to the stay at Cracowdays where the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful while also being totally professional. The room was absolutely lovely, the facilities excellent - especially the kingsize comfort of the bed, the breakfast always delicious and beautifully presented. We followed up recommendations on food, restaurants and places to visit and were always delighted.

• Liked — Quiet luxury
  • Disliked — Communal entrance to whole building
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChrisbeTynemouth_UK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed 29 October 2008

These stylish, beautifully renovated apartments tastefully combine traditional Eastern European charm with modern Italian style. The amazing attention to the smallest detail (LOVED the endless supply of caramel lollies in the foyer!) and chic interior provide the perfect backdrop for the warm atmosphere and extremely friendly staff (the wonderful Patricia!). This little gem right in the heart of Krakow is so much more than your typical bed and breakfast. Located on a quiet street just a short stroll from the bustling Rynek (main square) and seconds from a lively main street with excellent eateries, all of Krakow’s delights are at your doorstep and the helpful staff are always on hand to point you in the right direction. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I’ll definitely be coming back!

• Liked — Modern, stylish interior and proximity to the centre of town.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank rannos
Flanders
Reviewed 23 October 2008

What can I say about the place, the service, the warm welcome, the usefull advises ... that hasn't already been said ? It's just all true.

I just loved Magdalena's place !
Nice, clean, wel equipped and a nice location where you get about everything you need quite nearby.

Not much words : I loved it

If you go to Krakow, go for this place.

• Liked — The Comfort - feeling home
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2008

I've called my review Emperor's new clothes because I feel like the little boy who had the nerve to say that the Emperor was naked! I don't normally critisise places I've stayed in, choosing to report positive impressions to fellow travellers but on this occasion I find I am obliged to record my dissapointment with Cracowdays! Like the previous but one writer I had no hesitation in booking a room at this place from reading the reviews on Trip advisor. I am also a very well travelled person and much experienced in different types off accommodaion.
Sadly this place does not live up to its reputation. I too had no heat in my room despite asking repeatedly - I had fortunately booked a "superior" room so was able to use the aircon to keep warm!
My biggest horror was that for the three days I stayed at the place, there was no attempt to clean my room - not even empty the bins! Yuck - never have I experienced this before!
Yes, lovely accomodation and decor, I felt very safe but great disappointment really.
As a single traveller tried from a long trek through a number of countries I was particularly looking forward to a number of nights 'in' with the DVDs offered by the superior room option. Alas the two I was given were of the Horror or violent catagory. NOT to my cup of tea. I was advised I could just change them with my neightbours by knocking on their doors - never an easy thing to do especially when I could find no sight or sound of anyone else! I ended up buying some of my own at the shop in the main square!
The additional cost of over 5 pounds for a breakfast of cereal and bread with some meat and cheese was also not in my mind - beautifully presented i'll give you but not worth it!
The websites claim to be 5 minutes walk from the main town square is also questionable - i timed it one night and walking at a very brisk pace it took me 9 minutes 32 seconds!!
Yes, nice place but not all its racked up to be. Would I visit Krakow again - in a heart beat, its beautiful. Would I stay at Cracowdays again? Nope, not the place I'll be revisiting! Would I recommend it? Nope!
But, its up to you!

• Liked — I felt safe!
  • Disliked — really not worth the expense or the reputation it seems to have - unclean! I've stayed in much better places!
  • Stayed October 2008
4 Thank smileme2you
CRACOWDAYSMAGDALENA, owner at Cracowdays Apartments, responded to this review, 26 October 2008
When traveling to many places worldwide (China, Florida, Japan, Scandinavia - Finland, Norway, Italy, Austria, France (Provence), Namibia, Botswana and Zambia only this year) we are always looking for a place which meets our needs. Sometimes it is a nice multi-star hotel, sometimes cosy B&B. Cracow is not a metropolis. It's a town rich of culture and places where you can meet nice people – for long or short conversation.
So is the idea of Cracowdays. Meeting people. If we leave just 2 or 3 movies in a superior room it is not because we can not afford any more. There is a short message on each dvd player “if you need more ask your neighbour”. Meeting people. If there is nobody in the next room there is always a staff to ask. Meeting people. Going for a short city break we never run (apart from there is a xmas shopping break:)) and never count our steps if you know what I mean. We try to meet people. You can not meet them if you do not want or if you run.
Everyone is welcome because we like meeting people!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Cracowdays is in a quite street about 5 minutes walk from the old town of Krakow, it's a good location with some good places to get breakfast nearby. It's not a standard hotel or B&B, something in between, but the rooms are nice and clean, and the staff are helpful.

• Stayed August 2008
Gallatin, TN
Reviewed 16 October 2008

We just got back from a 12 day trip to Poland and Czech and our stay at Cracowdays was our biggest disappointment. Let me preface this by saying that my wife and I travel frequently to Europe and typically rely on feedback from TripAdvisor for our selection of places to stay. I had read so many wonderful reviews of this property that I didn't even consider booking anywhere else when planning this trip, big mistake. The property itself is nice and we were greeted warmly and given a very nice overview of the property and Krakow. The room, bathroom and furnishings were nice but the location of our room on the first floor was extremely noisy. Every time someone opened or closed the front door and walked up the stairs, we heard it. The real issue with our stay was the fact that our room had no heat! I reported this to the staff prior to going to dinner on the evening of our arrival and was told it would be fixed by the time we returned. Needless to say, it wasn't fixed and the next morning I reported it again. Once again I was told that it would be fixed and again nothing happened. I even requested if another room was available and was told nothing was but it would be fixed and again it was not. We spent four nights there without heat, my wife having to sleep fully clothed in order to stay warm. There was no offer of any kind to compensate for this condition. This is certainly not the type of customer service and responsiveness one would expect from the #1 rated property.

• Liked — Free Internet
  • Disliked — No heat and customer responsiveness
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank corion3
CRACOWDAYSMAGDALENA, owner at Cracowdays Apartments, responded to this review, 22 October 2008
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your remarks about your stay at Cracowdays.
The most important thing for me as the owner of Cracowdays is the communication with our guests. We always hear out your oppinion and immediately try to do our best to respond to your demands.
Indeed, we even try to anticipate them, as can be seen from the reviews, many of our guests have come to appreciate.
If it so happened, that something was not done well enough to make your stay comfortable I want to appologize on behalf of myself and our staff.
But back to your complaint. To ensure a warm and pleasant stay for our gests all our rooms are equipped with electronically controlled heating system which turns on and off automatically depending on the outside temperature. Additionally on the first floor all rooms have individually set heating temperatures that each guest can set to the level of temperature which he finds most agreable.
To avoid the similar situation we decided to pay more attention at the check-in to explain to all guests how this additional heating system works.
Nowadays we can communicate with many tools. Besides verbal communication – directly with our staff - we put at your disposal a 24h emergency telephone number as well as email access which is monitored EVERYDAY by me as the owner.
After reading your review I immediately investigated our staff and found out that you have asked about the heating the first morning and afternoon. To prevent you from any inconvenience we have immediately called in the heating service and in the evening the heating was on. We haven't heard, neither our staff nor me, any other complaints from your side during your stay, if it had been the case we would have tried to react again.
Once again I'm sorry for this inconvenience caused. I do hope you will still relay on Tripadvisor as the most reliable source of travellers information.

Greetings from Cracow, Magdalena the owner
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2008

Well, where do you start....Cracodays is a super set of apartments, situated an easy walk from the main square. The room was excellent and the service 1st class. A cracking city with a huge choice of restaurants and bars. Something for everyone, just sit in the main square and watch the world go by, right through to the techno bars....Loads to do and see, great achitecture and lots of history - some of which some is very sad. I thoroughly recommend Poland and Cracowdays, but look, I would rather keep this place to myself, so make sure you keep it secret!

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was just good
  • Stayed September 2008