“Great location, great service. We will be back.”

Vienna House Andel's Cracow
Ranked #28 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just returned on Oct 28th from a 5 night stay. Bright modern city centre hotel in a great location. From reception to bar/restaurant the service was excellent and very friendly.Maid service discreet and efficient, room very clean and well stocked at all times. Perfect base to roam the city on foot. We also used the hotel car and driver service as a treat over larger coach trips, its well priced and very comfortable. We didnt use the restaurant in the evenings as we wanted to sample different restaurants however the breakfast was very good in our opinion. The city has lots to see and to explore and we found a number of restaurants we would happily visit again, good food and good prices too. If you are thinking of giving Krakow a try I dont think you would be disappointed and this hotel I found to be good value for money.

Room Tip: try higher floors (3 and above) and ask for a view over the square
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PGG_11
There are newer reviews for Vienna House Andel's Cracow

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I was a guest from Oct 16-19th and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable, the room was small but quite nice and the location very convenient. My only issue was with the mattress, which I saw on several other posts as well. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had plenty of choices for almost any appetite. For a couple of close side trips I chose to utilize their car & driver program rather than being herded on and off a tour bus and I was so glad that I did! Not only did it allow me to "go at my own pace", but the driver was delightful and courteous by walking me to the ticket booth at each destination and arranging whatever I needed to make my visit more special.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Had high hopes of this hotel having read some of the reviews on trip advisor, but we were quite disappointed.
The hotel's location is great, right across from the main train station and shopping centre and only a few minutes walk from the main square. The staff on the reception were very helpful and friendly. However on the second day we returned to our room to find that it had not been cleaned sufficiently. The dirty towels had not been removed from the bath, the toilet and shower had not been cleaned out and the carpet had not been vacuumed.The bins had not been emptied , and clean water glasses and toiletry refills were not provided. Basically the only thing that had been done was to make the beds neat.The sheets had not been changed just smoothed over to look good. On returning to our room the day afterwards we were confronted with the same scenario. I decided to complain to the receptionist who said he would send someone immediately. About one hour later noboby had arrived so I called to reception again and finally they sent up a cleaner to do our room. It was quite inconvenient to have someone cleaning your room at 6.30 in the evening whilst we just wanted to relax.
In addition to this the restaurant was always overcrowded and we had to wait for tables to be cleared before we could sit down. The coffee machine ran out of water a couple of times resulting in queues of people needing coffee. On one occassion I asked one of the waiters ( an older grey haired man) if he would bring me a can of coffee. He nodded Yes and then just continued to wipe tables. I had to go back and remind him that I had asked for coffee. Not the service you would expect from a 4 star hotel. The breakfast was OK but nothing special.For the location I would recommend this hotel, but on the whole we were not impressed. We payed 4 star money for 3 star standard

1  Thank Louise V
andels6600100, General Manager at Vienna House Andel's Cracow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. We deeply regret and apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced. Your feedback about the cleanness and the responding time of our staff caught our immediate attention. We would like to inform you that this behavior doesn´t correspond to our standards and that all these remarks will be discussed with the appropriate managers to avoid such situations in the future.
Once again I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. In order to convince you of our improved services it would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Elżbieta Pniewska
Andel’s Hotel Cracow

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I arrived by train from Warsaw & also left by train to the airport & so very impressed with the great location: right next to main railway station, shopping mall & a few minutes walking distance to Old Town. Very new & modern hotel with all the amenities one could need. The bathroom was huge & very modern with plenty of fluffy towels. There was a big flat screen TV, Tea & coffee making facilities in the room, comfortable bed, free wi-fi & excellent breakfast. Reception staff spoke perfect English & were very helpful. I loved Krakow & I really enjoyed my 2 night stay in this hotel. I would recommend Andel's Hotel & definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Staying at Andel's Krakow, was a good and surprising experience!
The excellent location, the staff, the apartment, the breakfast, the bar, were wonderful!
Probably, one of the best hotels that I had stayed, ever!
When someday I come back to Krakow, with my wife and family, I would love to get there!
I really reccomend it!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JackmaryRiodeJaneiro
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Having stayed in an Andel's hotel in Berlin and being impressed, we were exepcting more of the same. Good location between the main station and the start of the Old Town in Krakow. Similar very high quality bathroom. Rooms a little on the small side. Very clean very tidy. Minor glitch in that the kettle didn't work - we were told they had no spares so replacement might be difficult - but replaced it was by the time we came back in. Not sure why you would even say there were no spares - you could by one from the shopping centre next door for a small cost. Good breakfast included - though not quite as good as Berlin. Ovreall very sound place to stay. Bar and setting on ground floor next to the main pedestrian route between station and old town not the best location to look out on from the bar & restaurant. Safe bet and good location overall if you are in town for a few days.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

The Andel's Hotel where we stayed from October 13 through October 17, 2011, was a thoroughly positive experience.
Nice modern styled room with all trimmings one can expect from a ---- star hotel. Friendly desk, nice breakfast, and not to forget a central location both for the airport train as for the easy walk to reach the Rymek marketplace.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road with the streetcars are nicer.