“The best hotel in Krakow”

andel’s by Vienna House Cracow
Ranked #22 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Canada
“The best hotel in Krakow”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is my first review on Tripadvisor. Figured it was about time to give back, since I've been an avid user of this website. I just stayed in Andel's Hotel Cracow for 2 nights and it was a superb hotel of world class quality. This hotel ticks all the boxes...I would not hesitate to book again.

Reception:
- From the beginning, I arrived late evening and the room was held without issue. The front desk was polite and courteous, provided me with a complimentary map and tourist info book, and informed me about breakfast and wifi services.
- Made every effort to meet my request of a quiet room with a view. Even told me that I had been assigned one of the best rooms in the hotel. All of the service was top notch throughout the stay - people were courteous and friendly.

Location:
- Cannot be beat. This is a prime location. Located about 10 minutes leisurely walk to the main square.
- As others described, follow the crowds through an underpass tunnel towards the city centre. The underpass was quite useful, as it had a number of shops, fruit stall, and eateries. Lots of people in the area at all times of the day, as the train station and large shopping mall are located close by. I was a single female travelling alone and always felt safe, even at night.
- Shopping mall next door was superb with all the shops you could ask for, as well as a supermarket. The hotel has two entrance ways, which was convenient for access.

Room:
- I loved the modern decor and design. Spacious with large bed, working desk, sitting chair with foot stool and side table. Washroom was also spacious with everything that you need.
- Temperature was easy to adjust. Two complimentary bottles of water were provided everyday, which is the perfect touch (and not provided by most hotels).
- My room even had a balcony, although I did not use it. It was still nice to have the view and large window.
- Elevator access was speedy and efficient (three of them, requiring key card access).

Food:
- The breakfast buffet is simply AMAZING! I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world and this was probably one of the best breakfasts that I've had. So much variety of both hot and cold foods. Everything was delicious and it had everything that you could ask for. I wasn't able to try all the dishes, since there were so many.
- Service was stellar - again, polite and courteous. Brought coffee immediately and also cleared used dishes quickly.

The only disadvantage of the hotel was the weak wifi service, which depended on the traffic usage. Admittedly, at peak hours, the wifi barely functioned. At other times of the day, it was fine. I hope they correct this soon, as it would make this hotel perfect. I did not deduct the tripadvisor rating for the internet issue, since it worked well most of the time and there were other wifi providers within range. All of the other features of this hotel made up for any weaknesses and I would not hesitate to book again.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be good. Mine was a corner room facing the tram tracks and gardens. It had a b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank fabutan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great hotel. Had a lovely weekend in Cracow. What a beautiful city so full of history and tales. I really enjoy my night in this hotel. It was very relaxing and the rooms were really ten out of ten. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. They made the check in very much flawless and the same when looking after our cases and checking out. Food was very fresh and tasty. I will be back for more very soon. You have such a beautiful city......

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ire121
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Hotel Andels is situated right next to an shopping mall and only a few minutes walk from the old part of the town - basically follow the crowd through the underpass to get to the cloth mill etc. Upon entry to the hotel you see a very attractive lobby and are then greeted by professional and courteous staff. The rooms are very nicely furnished and well kept. We had a lovely room with view over the square and at the opposite end of the square was the train station. The breakfasts were wonderful with a large selection of hot and cold food.I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: request a room overlooking the square - the other side of the hotel overlooks a main street and is n...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pandapie1220
Cornwall
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Location:
At the 'top' of the city on any map the location is perfect for the train station, (easy and such good value), shopping mall, local restaurants and ease of access to the city.
Service:
Exemplary, from the warm greeting at reception to the polite service in the hotel restaurant and bar. Every member of staff was warm and polite.
Facilities:
The breakfast was the best 4* hotel breakfast I have come across in all my travels. A sumptuous variety to get you ready for the day. From cereals to 'full English' from cold meats to pancakes and syrup. It was all there. We ate dinner one evening, superb menu and good value for a hotel. Nice wine list as well......
The rooms were warm, very clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms superb.
I could not find fault in this great value hotel. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone visiting Krakow.
Indeed we were running late when leaving and chose to use a taxi, the receptionist made one call, the porter took our bags, the hotel taxi service was summonsed and delivered us to the airport without fuss..... For 85PLK (about £18)
Brilliant!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JandLCornwall
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Excellent service. Modern hotel. Excellent room. Central location. Ideally situated for the railway station and within easy walking distance of the old town. The staff all speak good English and were keen to please. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank plg4567
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This is an ideal 4* star hotel to use a base for a trip to the city. Ideal for taking the train from the airport ( cost £4 each return) and direct with no stops in to city. Hotel was 50 metres from the station

The rooms were excellent and the breakfast extensive in terms of choice

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ColinG1000
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I can not believe the non service or sympathy that we did not receive from this hotel.... We were booked in to stay over last nite, but had delayed issues at Stansted airport and was able to board our flight !!!! With no other flights out that day we were stuck in London. I rang the hotel and told them and requested a day change.... Not a refund, but was blantently refused.....$400 plus Australia dollars, gone without a blink of an eyelid..... Can not understand this, especially when some circumstances are not in your own hands.... What I have learnt thru this experience is that the bigger company's such as you and airlines get richer at others people's misfortunes, but when I dealt with the smaller family run business's that we had booked tours and transport thru, all happy to oblige with either changes or REFUNDs..... You should be ashamed!!! Thank you for absolutely nothing.,. Danielle murphy - Australia

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Billyhhhhhh
Maria M, General Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Cracow, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Mrs Murphy,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for making a reservation in our hotel. With regards to your letter I am sorry to learn about your situation on the airport on the day of your arrival. Please let me inform you that the reservation you have made thru travel agent had promotional price and special terms and conditions. It was non refundable, non changeable reservation. There is no possibility to cancel or change it due to mentioned reasons.
Once more I would like to underline that we are very sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced due to the whole situation. I would like to assure you that andel’s hotel Cracow is always trying to do the utmost in providing high quality and effective service to all our Guests. I would like to have the opportunity of welcoming you in our property , where we could assure you of our best attention.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else I could be helpful with.

Sincerely yours,