“Modern Hotel, Great Location”

andel’s by Vienna House Cracow
Ranked #20 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Modern Hotel, Great Location”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

A very nice modern hotel. Modern as is not just up to date but as in Modern design. The location is great: near old city, adjacent to large shopping mall and main railway station. Free internet in lobby, not free in room. Nice restaurant -- group I was with had breakfast and dinner there, both very good. Only negative: the modern design chairs in lobby and room were very uncomfortable to sit in.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Stayed here for one night as a treat, following a week in Zakopane and two days in Krakow with family. I was very impressed. The staff were extremely helpful and service was very good. The room was lovely, with a rather impressive bathroon. The TV was great, shame that I didn't have the time to enjoy it! I chose the hotel because of the location and ease of getting back to the airport, and it worked perfectly for that. I could see a lovely shopping centre from my window, but unfortunately ran out of time to visit. In all, a lovely hotel. Will stay here again when visiting Krakow.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Glasgow
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Andels hotel was a great hotel with great location. We requested the hotel car pick us up at the airport and the driver was there complete with sign. It was an excellent service. The hotel was clean, of a nice size and complete with robes and slippers. Please note that the standard room may be two single beds or a king size. If you are that bothered, like me, you can ask and they will change your room if they are able to do so. The staff at reception were very helpful and always very polite. Cracow tours pick up from Andels making any excursion very easy to arrange/book.

The hotel is right next to a huge shopping centre and you can see the train station from the rear of the hotel. The hotel is about a 10min walk to the main market square. If you want to visit kazimer its about a 25min walk, there are trams and buses but we never used these.

Our guide book said a taxi to the airport to the main centre would be 30-50pln, so on the way back to the airport we took a taxi (right outside hotel) this cost us 100PLn, so I would really recommend you use the service of the hotel transfer if not using the train. This is a good saving and much more comfortable and friendly service (taxi drivers are a little wreckless).

The hotel provides access to two computers with free internet access/printing facilities which is very handy when doing things about the city.

All in Krakow is a lovely city with lots to do and see, great value for money and hotel Andels made our stay most enjoyable and very easy. The hotel staff will pretty much do anything they are able to in order to provide a proffesional,friendly service.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My mum and I decided to stay at Andels for our mini break as it has great reviews and seemed centrally located - we were not dissppointed!!! We arrived at Krakow Balice airport and from there we literally stepped out of the terminal and onto a shittle bus which took us for free to the train which was ready and waiting to take us to the main station in Krakow. After such an easy job of getting to the centre we were both expecting a battle to find our hotel as we usually do from no sense of direction. Tou our DELIGHT we stepped out of the station and across a square big enough to ensure there would be no noise pollution, there was Andels Hotel :-) while talking about location I might also add that it is only a 3 minute walk to the main square and its many side roads - perfect for female travellers who don't know the city well.

When we arrived our room was ready and waiting, staff were lovely and told us everything we needed to know including that there was live entertainent in the hotel in the evening and some info about tours.

The room was FABULOUS!!! gorgeous bathroom and lovely modern vibe throughout with complimentary mineral water, tea and coffee etc. There is not one fault i can think of with the room! Our package includes breakfast and again that was lovely with a live egg station made to order! we didn't eat in the restaurant due to too many options out but it seemed reasonable in price, having said that my one negative is that a hot chocolate was double in price at the hotel that anywhere else.

Overall I would definately recommend this hotel, in fact my sister in law is about to book a weekend with her mum!!!! We used travel republic and for 3 nights and flight it came to around £200 each which i think is very reasonable for a 4 star hotel that includes breakfast!!

• Stayed September 2010
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This hotel was very comfortable and the staff were friendly and efficient.The room was just as expected from the hotel photos. The beds and pillows ensured a great nights sleep. Our room was very quiet and we did not overlook the road with the trams which seems to be a concern of some reviewers. The breakfast was a good standard with lots of choice. The location was perfect and I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 19 August 2010

A very modern, spacious and stylish hotel. Located at the edge of the old town adjacent to the railway station and a large shopping centre. just a short walk to the old town square and a tram ride to the castle. Couldnt be better.

The rooms are well furnished in a contemporary style. My only complaint, and it would not apply to the whole hotel, is that my room on the first floor suffered noise and vibration from passing trams. Not enough to disturb but noticable.

Buffet breakfast was plentiful with good variety of fresh items, plus omelettes to order.

Although adjoimning a shopping centre is not always a recomendation, it gives an on the doorstep source of quick eats if you dont fancy the hotel restaurant.

The popularity with tour groups led to congestion more than once in the lobby with staff unable to cope with the influx. To be expected in a tourist location.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Let me start by saying this hotel is very good. I have nothing harsh to complain about. The rooms - as the rest of the hotel - are sparkling clean and well equipped (LCD TV and DVD player for in house rentals).
Breakfast was ample and varied - really good.
Staff was very friendly and eager to assist.

But: a few things did occur in the short 3 night stay we had.
1. I travelled to Krakow where I met with my father, who arrived 3 hours ahead of me. When I reached the hotel I booked into our common room only to find that my dad wasn't there - only his luggage. I thought he might have gone out when in fact he was waiting for me in the lobby and probably came down while I went up... My dad asked the receptionist if I had arrived and she told him I didn't... As time went by he became very worried since I arrived late due to a 1 hour delay in my flight - lucky for us I decided to have a look in the lobby and thus we found each other.
2. One evening my father dined at the hotels restaurant. His main dish was one of the fish plates. When the dish arrived my dad took one small taste and found it wasn't what he had expected. The waitress asked him if he was going to eat it and when he explained it wasn't to his taste - she took the full plate away, didn't offer to replace the dish with another - and charged him for it! This is not a standard for a place hoping to be highly ranked.
3. The rooms are "designer" modern style. the mirror of the bathroom actually lights the bedroom as well, so if you have to use the toilet at night - you risk waking up whoever is sleeping in the room...

Other than these, the stay was very pleasant and this hotel is in walking distance from the main old town square and its surrounding attractions. Another advantage location-wise, is the fact that the hotel is just opposite the central train station and right by the new Galleria Krakowska shopping mall... just in case you must have some junk food or get the urge for a shopping spree.

Enjoy Krakow!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank marom
andels6600100, General Manager at andel’s by Vienna House Cracow, responded to this review, 30 August 2010
Dear guest, thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your feedback. First of all, we deeply want to apologize for all inconveniences. The lack of information at the arrival of your father has been a misunderstanding and we assure you that this was a singular case. However, we are very sorry for that. Our staff should always take care of passing the messages. We have forwarded your comments to the relevant employees, as we try to improve our service and meet the expectations of our guests. Also we are truly sorry that the ordered dish wasn`t tasty for you father. We assure you that the behaviour of the waitress is unacceptable and that we immediately discussed it with the restaurant staff. Please be assured that our staff always aims to be helpful to our guests in every situation. Dear guest, thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you accept our apologies. However, it is a pleasure for us that you generally liked our hotel so much and that you had a good stay in Cracow. We hope that we can welcome you again in our hotel. Kind regards, the Hotel Management and team.