“Cheap and cheerful stay in a friendly, cool hostel”
Review of Hostel Giraffe

Hostel Giraffe
Ranked #338 of 449 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private double room in Hostel Giraffe for one night on an Interrailing trip in August 2013. We arrived from a night train just after 7am and, although we obviously couldn't have our room, it wasn't a problem to let us repack and wash quickly before locking our bags in the luggage room and heading out to explore the city.
We had planned to return to mid-afternoon but didn't end up properly checking in until about 10pm. Our welcome was very friendly indeed, and we were given a hilarious and very funky map of the city, with a few key things pointed out. Our double room was a nicely done Ikea room, essentially, but we liked the privacy after other hostel stays on our trip.
The bed was very comfy, but using a single duvet and one blanket on a double bed did seem a bit strange. The giraffe theme is pretty cool though!
It was quite noisy at night but we were too tired to notice!
The showers weren't always 100% clean, but they were very nice for hostel showers in my experience!
Breakfast was free cereal, muesli and bread, which I thought was a very nice addition, and milk/coffee/sugar was even provided too, which was appreciated on our budget. On the whole, Hostel Giraffe was pretty much as we were expecting, with the added bonus of a very close location to the centre of town!
Highly recommended for budget travellers :)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed in a private room with a double bed. Unfortunately there was only a single bed cover there... The staff wasn't very helpful, saying they didn't know if they could provide us with another one.
No towels in private room...
Also, there were some problems with cleanliness. And I mean not only with fungi on the walls in bathrooms, but also filth in the kitchen and our room.
If you don't mind staying up till 3-4 in the morning because of guests playing games in the hall (staff don't react at all) and a club with loud music outside - this is a place for you. Good luck with hygiene!

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I have been to four hostels till now and this was the only one that had breakfast included even though I paid only 10€. The downside is the amount of people in the same room, but this is what hostels are :)

Lovely staff, always nice and helpful. The kitchen is very clean and the beds are already prepared for you :D has a bar with pool table and fuseball, as well as other games and ia close to the center. 5 minutes walk.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good and bad
This hostel is very basic, cheap, and well located. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The really cool thing about this place is that they offer to wash your clothes for about 5$. This was a blessing because after 2 weeks of traveling, I really needed it.

Overall, the facilities are clean. However, I got in late at night. Therefore, I tiptoed my way to the bed. When I slipped myself into the coverts, I felt a wet spot. I opened the lights that in addition to the “wet spot”, there was chewing Tabaco around my bed… Anyways, I hope you will be luckier that I. Cheers

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The services are all awesome! We had really good times here with easigoing peoplr in the center of krakow! Was really nice and it's a good way to start experience this incredible city! The rooms is clean and all staff are very comprehensive! Its the best place for students to know eachother! Im from brazil and just loved here! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ric O
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This hotel is clean and very central. It was easy to find and the receptionist on our arrival was nice and friendly. It is not a party hostel, it is very quiet and we were the only ones in the bar one of the nights. The biggest shock and the worst part of the hostel is the gym that was underneath our room. We had to keep the window open because it was so warm. From about 6am every morning the extremely loud shouting and dance music from the gym would start, this was ridiculous and left us with a bad impression of this otherwise decent hostel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This was an ideal hostel for our short stay exploring Krakow. It is not centrally located but only a 10 minute walk away meaning the prices are competitive. The hostel facilities are excellent. The staff are really lovely and helpful and the bar has a fun relaxed atmosphere. Myself and my partner got a 'welcome shot' on arrival and he got an extra Cherry shot because his surname is Cherry, brilliant!

Room Tip: I think some of the rooms are further away from the bar than others but ours was near the bar and co...