“THE Hostel”
Review of Greg & Tom Hostel

Greg & Tom Hostel
Ranked #7 of 447 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hostel by itself has a really good structure , all very clean, new, with a wonderful breakfast and dinner included. Also, the staff is the best staff ever.They are so funny and crazy. Besides the free beer time :) I have travel a lot in Europe, and for sure this was my best experience in a hostel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The best hostel ever! Good localization, the best staffs, he best food, clean! I had been in Krakow for 4 nights with my friends and was the best choice, all of my friends loved it! I really recommend for all my friends that are planning to go to Krakow! One of the best hostels I've ever been!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2014

greg & tom hostel was really easy to find (just opposite the train station) and it impressed my travel buddy and i from the moment we stepped in. the staff were really friendly and emphasized that the facilities were all for us. the lounge is the best i've seen in all the hostels i've travelled so far (30 cities in europe, krakow was my last stop). there's a playstation, wii, dvds and books. great place to meet new people.

the hostel also provides BREAKFAST AND DINNER so thats great value there. we had free beer and a shot after dinner so that just made the evening perfect. the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. i slept in the 4-bed bunk.

the trip to auswitchz can be booked thru the reception although it is a little more expensive than if you were to go there on your own. but we chose the convenience over the hassle of planning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

after traveling for 3 months this is the best hostel out of all! The staff are so friendly and will do anything for you. We booked a private room and couldn't believe what we got for the small price we paid! HUGE room with a tv and DVDs which came in handy when I was hungover for an entire day. The dorms are also huge. The common room was cool to chill out in and watch a few movies or tv series and drink the FREE BEER before heading out, the staff even Brought in popcorn even though we didn't ask for it! Very easy to meet people. I spent hardly any money staying here. The free breakfast was awesome, they even had pancakes and these yummy cheesy sausages, free dinner was a bonus and a good feed. A bit smaller that the other Greg and toms which is what we like and we still get to go and join the awesome pub crawl at the party Greg and toms hostels. I wanted to stay longer! Defiantly recommend this hostel!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

In my whole 3 months of travelling Europe this is the best hostel we have stayed at! There is nothing bad I have to say about this place. The staff are super friendly and helpful.
The hostel is spotlessly clean. We had a private room and it was like a hotel room. Massive bed tv a couch and ever a spare single bed. Even had a peek in the dorms which were also huge. The common room was great for watching movies and just chilling out and met heaps of cool people there. There's to kitchens but you don't really have to use them because you get free dinner every night and its a nice feed! Also the free breakfast was the best we have had at any hostel not just cereal and bread. And at 8 every night there's free beer! Yep free beer! Then after that u meet up with the rest of the Greg and Tom hostels and have a great night. But when u come home u not kept awake by loud drunks because this Greg and toms is a bit smaller and not the main party one. Also the location is directly across from the main train and bus station and only a short walk to old town.
If your going to krakow I'd suggest any of the Greg and toms but especially this one it's amazing!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Came here on a big trip with about 15 others...we booked out 2 of the 8 person rooms and found the hostel to be superb in every way! It was extremely cheap, spotlessly clean (including the bathrooms which had great hot showers!) and the people working there were amazing...so friendly and loads of fun! We were there for a weekend and both nights went on a pub crawl of Krakow with the hostel staff and others staying there (and in the other Greg and Tom's hostels located around Krakow). They supplied us with loads of free food and drink and gave us great advice on where to go during the day. We had planned to go to the train station and go to Auschwitz ourselves, but it worked out almost as cheap, and far easier, to book the tour through Greg and Tom's instead. I think it cost 90 zloty (less than €20), we left at midday and were brought on a comfortable bus with an excellent tour guide to and from Auschwitz-Birkenau. The price also included a tour guide in Auschwitz.
I would recommend this hostel to anybody coming to Krakow - I will without a doubt be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Greg & Tom's hostel after finding it on trip advisor. The overwhelmingly strong reviews were not wrong! We arrived and were greeted by possibly one of the nicest girls in Krakow, Sarah. After checking us in she invited us to eat dinner - and it was really awesome! Polish sausages, potatoes with dill, quite the authentic/local meal. We also got a few shots on arrival which never hurts!

Our room was basic but very clean, DVDs were available for rental. We had a kitchen on our floor and the bathrooms were very clean. I would highly recommend Greg and Tom's!

• Stayed: June 2013