Greg & Tom Hostel
US$140
US$171
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree breakfast and dinnercommon roomfree shotspub crawltrain stationbed dormdrinking gamesreception floorold townbeer housecommon areasevery eveningfourth floorsalt minesshopping centrelate at nightno elevator
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in a double room with a shared bathroom on the first floor of the building. The location's perfect: the hostel is literally opposite Krakow's main train station and about 10 minutes from the very centre and is dead easy to find. The room was clean and spacious. Also, all common areas were clean and well-designed. The staff are the hostel's greatest asset - friendly, positive and extremely helpful. There was free dinner (which came as a nice surprise, though in the end we had some food in town) and breakfast (a fairly standard hostel-y smorgasbord). I would definitely recommend the place and will book it again on my next trip to Krakow.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angustias84
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would definitely stay here again if I return to Krakow. The hostel could not be in a better location (practically opposite the train station), we were immediately greeted by lovely, friendly staff and the rooms - although not very characterful - were practical. It also felt extremely safe and secure. The hostel made it really easy to meet people with communal, free of charge dinners and breakfasts and we really enjoyed the pub crawl that they held on Saturday night.

The only thing that could use improvement was the bathroom situation which wasn't the most convenient or well laid out, but I would stay here again.

1  Thank kirbzzz
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I LOVE this place! It feels homely and the staff bend over backwards to help at every turn. The rooms are immacculate and the showers were not only clean but the water flow was better than my own at home! Unusual for a hostel!

Breakfast and dinner were included in the price and there was plenty of choice and the food quality was really good. The hostel offer day trips so I took a tour of Auschwitz which was incredible and moving and I also did the free walking tour of the city recommended. Saturday night I joined the pub crawl organised by the hostel (there are three Greg and Tom hostels) and had a great night then too.

Shout out to Dawid who was really helpful to me on the second and third nights but it was a pleasure to meet all of the lovely and accommodating staff. I hope to meet them all again on my return - hopefully in December. So not only would I recommend this place but I am definitely coming back!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms were good, spacious, clean
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cazzy83
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I had a fantastic experience. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the location is central and convenient. Breakfast, Dinner and Wifi is provided with no extra charge. The kitchen/dining area also has a no computer/phone policy which was a nice touch, got to meet a lot of likeminded travelling youth from Brazil, the UK and Beijing. An unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent! The hostel is very well located and is very clean and organized. It have a very cool environment, the rooms are large and clean. The staff is very kind and helpful. The breakfast is delicious and they even serve dinner for free. Every day there is a different dish and is actually pretty good. I do recommend! Without a doubt one of the best hostels!