“Don't trust their website and the comments”
Review of Momotown Hostel

Momotown Hostel
Ranked #99 of 417 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Lille
“Don't trust their website and the comments”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed at Momotown hostel 3 nights in August. I travelled alone and the guides said that it is a good and charming place to meet people far from partying hostels.
When I arrive after I have paid for my room the receptionnist - that spoke barely english and that I was obviolusly anoying - said to me afterward that the room was in an other place. I must admit that it was a central place , rather ok a nice building within little square but then I discover a room in with sticky floor with dust and hair without ventilation or heating. As It was very late I stayed late and had a very bad night. I am a girl travelling solo and then I realize in the morning that I was alone in the all 3 last floors.
So before booking check where you will be located, dont go there to meet people as not much was done to "mingle" when I was there but gummy bears vodka parties. Also note that they offer drinks to people that put good comments so do not trust everything that is written.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The place was abominable, the staff nasty. It is more a hostel than B&B. I chose it because they had "protected parking" but at night they allowed a swarm of drunken "guests" sit on and play with my €25000 bike. Check in is blocks away from the rooms, so you have to drag your suitcases a long way after check in. Breakfast should have been included but they told me "sorry, someone stole yours, go make your own breakfast somewhere else". They also told me I cannot complain because parking and breakfast were "free", so I have "no right". Bathroom was dirty with filthy towels, one wet half-roll of toilet paper, and it was one of two times in 50 years that I had to change hotels mid vacation.

Room Tip: AVOID THIS LIKE A 14th CENTURY PLAGUE! They have a Hostel, a few blocks away, which may be OK. I...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Fluglotse1

Travellers are raving about these Krakow hotels

Bydgoszcz, Poland
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I've stayed here with my girlfriend in a private room with bathroom. For the price the room and location (market squer in old, climatic district) were just perfect! Room was clean, staff friendly and helpful and the sandwiches we got every day were delicious. Momotown fitted perfectly in a grat trip!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I stayed at Momotown recently on a trip to Krakow for my friends wedding. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful with regards to directions. The room was a great size for two people and the location was absolutely perfect situated in a great spot in Kazimierz and the two restaurants we ate in next door to us. Rubenstein's in particular is worth checking out. We missed our 12:00 check out time on account of rolling in the door at 6:00am after drinking copious amounts of vodka which meant we had a visit from the manager but thankfully he and the staff have experienced it all before and were very understanding. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting beautiful Krakow, well worth the cost and I'll definitely be back. It's only drawback was being issued with one key which we took joint responsibility of.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Da Lat, Vietnam
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is absolutely one of the best accommodation values in Krakow. I stayed in Poland much longer than originally planned due to the supreme hospitality I received. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

stayed in momotown with my husband recently. we had booked a twin room with shared bathroom but upon arrival were informed that they didn't actually have twin rooms, so we got a room with four bunk beds which was not ideal (though we were the only ones in the room). the best thing about the hostel is the location. miodowa is one of the main roads in kazimierz and close to alot of lovely cafes and restaurants. kazimierz has a real unique feel to the rest of krakow and i am glad we stayed in the area. breakfast was very basic and we skipped it most of the time - also be prepared to wash your own dishes! the hostel could get a bit rowdy in the evening. the toilet facilities also seem a bit inadequate for the number of guests and sometimes there was a wait to use the shower rooms and toilets, some of which had no locks on. the room was not cleaned at all when we were there. we know we were in a hostel and were not expecting the beds to be made up or anything, but it would have been nice for the floor to have been cleaned and the rubbish cleared. the mattresses were very thin but at least we didn't detect any bed bugs!! curtains were hanging off their hooks and pretty useless in general. we chose momotown for its value for money, but probably won't return if we visit krakow again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doofvfood
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2011

My husband and I recently stayed in Krakow - Momotown Hostel, Private room with en-suite bathroom. For roughly 40 euros a night this place was SERIOUSLY good value for money. The room was huge (probably classed as an apartment in the States) and very clean and tidy with a pretty spacious en-suite bathroom. It was superbly located right in the centre of Kasemir - a beautiful town!! There was a shared kitchenette and a breakfast of cereal, cheese, breads, tea, coffee and juice. which you took over in the main hostel building, was included in the price. The staff at the hostel could not have been more helpful and helped us plan our daily trips with excellent knowledge of the area. In the mornings we met people who were staying in the main hostel and they all seemed happy and comfortable.
My advice.......forget hotels, this set up is perfect for a short city break. We would definitely use these guys again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple