“Personally an okay experience”
Review of Momotown Hostel

Momotown Hostel
Ranked #103 of 412 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
London, United Kingdom
“Personally an okay experience”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I realise that this hostel comprises of a few buildings so cannot say that my review covers them all. I stayed in the building overlooking the Jewish quarter and it was really lovely for a hostel. The room we were in came of a floor with a balcony and kitchen. The room itself was clean with a view of the square. Shower was great too. Although they claimed to only have one key for the room so there was mild panic whenever I decided to do anything different from my roomate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Momotown Hostel is the worst hotel I ve ever been to.
First the pictures aren t real- I reserved a room for their address (written on the website with a nice terrace with flowers) and when I got there one of the waitresses told me the terrace had nothing to do with the hotel and that I had to go to another location for the key. I had just arrived with my luggages and I had to carry them to this unknown street after a 5 hour flight. At the reception they told me that that wasn t the location either- they had 5 or 6 locations. I had to go to another street for the actual location and it wasn t a hotel at all- it was a black, creepy block (felt like Auschwitz hotel) where I had to climb many stairs with my luggages ( there was no lift) and I found a deteriorated apartment ( the bath was not disinfected and it was not a private bathroom as they mentioned in the reservation- it was next to the room, the refrigerator didn t work and the room looked depressing). Also the service was very bad- they don t change sheets, they don t take the garbage out and when I asked for someone to fix my fridge- the receptionist sent a specialist at 23.00 in the night when I was sleeping and I was awaken by his growls. I really got scared and realised it might have been this guy 15 minutes later because I was really tired and I couldn t believe how someone can actually disturb the customers in the night! The wi fi worked poorly- usually there was no wi fi. The nice photos from the hotel for which I also booked on booking.com are not real at all! And this is no hotel- it s just a lying promotion on the website! Also if you pay for it on the website, they won t give you your money back if you don t like the rooms (and I m not sure what to like about them)! I would never go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I wouldn t take the rooms from Rzezowska street ( I don t know about other locations of theirs)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maria N

Travellers are raving about these Krakow hotels

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The hostel is clean, the showers are hot and the beds are comfortable. With the booking comes a basic but nice breakast. Taking the location, the standard, and the breakfast into account, the price of the hostel is therefore very reasonable. Moreover, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

.. of course all your backpacker’s needs will be rightly covered... Big open plan sort of house on many levels.. each fully equipped & a hive alive.. rooms with back yard views & her own open garden space .. For your pleasure & convinience, the Momo force which includes 'the' grill Masta' party guides, they do pay attention & enjoy being the hosts'esseswith the Mo...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here in December 2013. I was very impressed with the friendly reception staff who gave me a lot of good advice about how to make my short trip the best it could be (and they work 24/7!). I was in the second site which was a short walk away in a nice quiet square surrounded by pubs/bars and restaurants. A great location. They helped me book airport taxis and tours no problems or hassle. The room was one of the private en suite ones and I would certainly recommend doing this as it makes your stay very comfortable indeed. Nice and spacious, very warm and clean bathroom (and is great considering the cost!). Breakfast was good and typical of a hostel. Always topped up as well! All in all, Momotown made my trip that little bit more special and I wish them all the best. I will certainly be visiting here again!!

Room Tip: Private en suite if you can afford it for the space and privacy. Shared kitchen which is no problem...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The receptionist was very friendly, I arrived to this hotel with no booking in a rainy night and she helped me a lot to get the best deal. Beds are okay but pillows are too small (but you can ask for extra pillows). Internet connection was not working in the rooms . Shared showers are more or less clean but they are fine for a cheap hostel like this one. Momotown hostel is located in a calm neighborhood (jewish neighborhood) and not far from the city center. For budget travelers it could be the good place to be. I payed around 12 euros per night for a bed in 4 beds dormitory and a shared toilet.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We didn't stay here very long, but what we experienced was lovely! clean beds, toilets and helpful staff. We were able to get group tours through the hostel at reasonable prices and were greeted with shots! definitely recommend ! There was also a few nice and cheap restaurants on the same street, very good value for money!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends