“Nice location”
Review of Momotown Hostel

Momotown Hostel
Ranked #107 of 433 Speciality Lodging in Krakow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Good hostel! With Mad Dog welcome shot :p If by car, be sure to make reservations. Guarded parking nearby outside (25 zloty per 24 hours). Realy nice district, Kazimierz. So, great place to stay! Thanks for the hospitality!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Although its very basic its such fun at this place. When I stayed we had a great few nights in the kitchen/dining area with a lot of the other visitors. The staff were very friendly and did everything they could to help us get what we needed, including pointing us in the direction of the nearest. 24hour off licence. As I said before its very basic but it has what you need and for the price of it how could you complain. I would honestly go back the next time on in Krakow☺☺☺

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I realise that this hostel comprises of a few buildings so cannot say that my review covers them all. I stayed in the building overlooking the Jewish quarter and it was really lovely for a hostel. The room we were in came of a floor with a balcony and kitchen. The room itself was clean with a view of the square. Shower was great too. Although they claimed to only have one key for the room so there was mild panic whenever I decided to do anything different from my roomate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Momotown Hostel is the worst hotel I ve ever been to.
First the pictures aren t real- I reserved a room for their address (written on the website with a nice terrace with flowers) and when I got there one of the waitresses told me the terrace had nothing to do with the hotel and that I had to go to another location for the key. I had just arrived with my luggages and I had to carry them to this unknown street after a 5 hour flight. At the reception they told me that that wasn t the location either- they had 5 or 6 locations. I had to go to another street for the actual location and it wasn t a hotel at all- it was a black, creepy block (felt like Auschwitz hotel) where I had to climb many stairs with my luggages ( there was no lift) and I found a deteriorated apartment ( the bath was not disinfected and it was not a private bathroom as they mentioned in the reservation- it was next to the room, the refrigerator didn t work and the room looked depressing). Also the service was very bad- they don t change sheets, they don t take the garbage out and when I asked for someone to fix my fridge- the receptionist sent a specialist at 23.00 in the night when I was sleeping and I was awaken by his growls. I really got scared and realised it might have been this guy 15 minutes later because I was really tired and I couldn t believe how someone can actually disturb the customers in the night! The wi fi worked poorly- usually there was no wi fi. The nice photos from the hotel for which I also booked on booking.com are not real at all! And this is no hotel- it s just a lying promotion on the website! Also if you pay for it on the website, they won t give you your money back if you don t like the rooms (and I m not sure what to like about them)! I would never go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: I wouldn t take the rooms from Rzezowska street ( I don t know about other locations of theirs)