“Good choice”
Review of Blue Aparthotel

Blue Aparthotel
Ranked #76 of 465 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Hostel is great. We stayed just one night and spent all time in city. When we returned, everything was good, lady was nice, bed clothes smelled fresh, WC and kitchen were clean. It is close to downtown and there is a market just around the corner. And is cheap. I would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I was staying 1 night in single room in ground floor.
Room, corridors and shared bathroom were clean and very nice for a price I paid. Outside it's an old building, but inside it is refurbished and pretty nice. Room felt quite small ~2x4m, but had really high ceiling and was really warm for me :D had to open windows for a minute to let some cold air :D probably it was ~22-25 °C when I am used to up to 22 °C :)

Although, receptionist could be more guest-friendly and do not be mean about giving extra minute for a guest, what I really missed from him.
In the morning I have done a check-in but I could take keys just after 14:00 so I left my luggage in storage room and went out. After few minutes I came again to outside entrance door to get some guidance. I called inside and when I asked some information and how to find tourist info center I just hear an unpleasant: "what information you need? it's sunday, nothing is working!" Later I found info center in quite a big square in 5 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rimvydas G
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I stayed in a Blue hostel for three nights, in a foor bedded room.
The hostel is actually an old building transformed, so it looks a bit shabby outside, but it's not bad at all inside. Rooms are basic, and the furniture is fragile, so you have to watch not to break something. Bathrooms are shared between two rooms and are clean (there is also a soap and a toilet paper in it). Some rooms have their own bathroom, so you can check that in the front desk. One problem is that the heating was poor; although, it wasn't cold outside, the room was not too pleasant for stay. You can take breakfast in a kitchen (one kitchen per floor), it's not bad. The hostel has its computers on every floor, but the internet connection is slow.
The best thing is it's location - the hostel is situated very close to the center - just 5 min. walk from the main square (Rynek) and shopping center (Galeria Krakowska).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Blue hostel is really really nice. Good price, very clean, nice decoration, many computers with internet access and many bathrooms, nice kitchen, good breakfast and really close to the train/bus station and old town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria-Kr K
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed there with friends for the coke live festival.
The hostel is located in an old building in several floors. Breakfast room is on the first floor, but the place has reveral refidgerators in the building.
The rooms and the bathrooms were clean.
The only disadvantages was that for the first two nights we had to sleep in a two bedded room, although monts ago we changed it to a for bedded. But we took is for fun. :) Do not make so much troubles for yourself during your vacation!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I booked my stay here on hostelworld.com, but as another reviewer wrote, my reservation there was canceled by the front desk (I assume so that I could not leave the review there that I'm leaving here).

I arrived at around 7 pm, and after ringing the bell for what seemed like an eternity, was let in by some boys staying there. I walked in only to realize that the rates listed at the front desk were substantially lower than those at which I'd booked online. I asked the surly brute at the front desk (in Polish) if it would be possible to pay the lower rate, and was treated to an outburst of absolute rage, in which I was cursed at, called horrible names, asked how DARE I come to his hostel and speak Polish, and finally told to leave. I did, gladly, and am now staying at a beautiful place with a wonderful staff.

The rates here are not much cheaper (if at all) than other hostels in Kraków, and there are always rooms elsewhere. Please spare yourself the unpleasantness and do not book a room or bed here.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed 28 June 2012

What I like: Cost is ok.suit for budget travellers.The location is about 15 minutes walk from bus station, city center and railway station.

What I dont like: firstly the reception is unfriendly and unhelpful. I think most of Krakow people is not friendly at all. I think probably they feel we are foreigners.The immigration at the airport also behaves the same. I never been treated by immigration like that ever.It only happened in Poland. Frankly speaking I dont think I will go to Poland ever again.Plus there is nothing interesting there.

The hostel is dark.feel unsecure there. No real security. The location of the hostel is also something that worried me

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends