“Great location, reasonable price”
Review of Blue Aparthotel

Blue Aparthotel
Ranked #76 of 420 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Belgrade, Serbia
“Great location, reasonable price”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Since this was my first stay in hostel ever and after reading all bad reviews here, I realy didn`t know what to expect. But fortunatly, I was relifed as soon as I got there.
I stayed in Blue 3 nights, during New Years holidays, in doubleroom ( no.10 on the I level). Owner greet us at recepcion and gave us kays (2 sets, bouth for my frend and me). Room was very clean, heating was great (very important since outside was -20C° at night). Breakfast was OK - toast, cheese, ham, butter, milk, ceralies, tea, quite enough.
Best thing is location, 300m from Main Square and reasonable price.
I would definetly stay in Blue hostel againg, and I`m looking forward to see Krakow hopefully in spring or summer this time.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank DraganBG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
sligo
Reviewed 22 January 2011

service is really bad!!! the owner is not nice at all!!! i felt like a baby when he shout at me, because i wasn't happy from room which i got!!!i wouldn't recomend that hostel for anybody!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank oliviiia

Travellers are raving about these Krakow hotels

Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 12 December 2010

I stayed at Blue Hostel some time ago with my husband, the place was fine, not so HQ standard but just fine. All I should complain about is the staff, I mean the owner of the hostel was very harsh and unkind. The day we should have left the room, we just came down the stairs and wanted to give him the keys back but he asked us so agrily to look at the clock and it was 2 minutes after the time limit so he threatened us that we were to pay for the next day... Next time we wanted to stay at the hostel he didn't want us there and kept repeating 'goodbye, goodbye' in our faces. We felt like trash. Never more....

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank justkissmypuckerup
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I had a very bad experience at Blue Hostel in Krakow. From the moment I walked in I felt it was unsafe. The staff was extremely rude and when I wrote a review I told my experience of the hostel and the next day in my personal email I got a nasty letter from the worker. I thought that was completely unprofessional. It was so bad I only made it through one night-I had to leave and go stay somewhere else. The room was dirty and I had to sleep on top of the covers and because I didn't feel comfortable with the other guests that were staying there I had to also sleep with all my luggage. Do not recommend it here.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank ireye
London
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Okay, so i’ve stayed in some pretty dodgy hostels in some pretty dodgy places in the world but this really takes the biscuit as being one of the most badly managed, unwelcoming hostels imaginable.

Firstly, I must stress that the rooms themselves are quite pleasant, clean and comfortable. The location is also okay (although there are plenty of hostels nearer to the old town centre).

My real issue is the reception or the lack there of... I arrived and was told that my room would be ready at 2pm and so left my backpack in the storage room to explore the area and come back later. I didn’t end up returning to the hostel until just after 10pm and found no one on the reception. In spite of ringing the bell, no one answered. I tried the alternative buzzer that indicated that assistance would come a few minutes later. This was in fact the very angry receptionist storming up the stairs asking why I had disturbed him at this time. He informed me that the reception is only open until 10pm. I was obviously apologetic (even though most hostels in Europe seem to be 24 hour) but was then called a ‘stupid little American’. I’m not American. Disturbing him after 10pm was my mistake but if this was so important, maybe guests should be informed on arrival.

The next day was raining relentlessly so i spent most of the day in the hostel. The internet wasn’t working so i kept on popping downstairs to ask on reception whether there was anything they could do. The four times i checked (and i even pressed the buzzer of doom), no one was there to help. I suspected they may have a vendetta against me, until i found a bedraggled guest outside the hostel who had just arrived and hadn’t been let in for twenty minutes.

Later on in the evening (7.30pm, God forbid after 10pm), i returned with another guest to ask again about the internet and he had enquiries about phone chargers. After pressing the buzzer of doom we were met by the same guy who started yelling at me saying as if he was going to help me after i rudely disturbed him the other night. When the other guest enquired about the charger, he was met with (imagine shouting) ‘will you stop disturbing me. I am so tired of this. You have what is in your room’. And stormed off.

As a secondary school teacher in London... I have dealt with a fair amount of verbal abuse, but his attitude and rudeness was unbelievable.

Krakow is a beautiful city with lots of friendly people. Please try and see them and don’t stay here.

RE: Breakfast didn’t really bother me but one guy crudely exclaimed that the breakfast was so bad he wouldn’t serve it to a one night stand that looked like the back end of a bus. So if it’s continental you’re looking for, don’t expect it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank BeaFair
Natie Woo
Reviewed 21 September 2009

The hostel is in a typical eastern europe cold concrete block, but staff were helpful. Just be aware once in the building there is a bell for reception, but sometimes the staff are on other levels doing work so you cannot always speak to a front desk. Rooms and decor is basic and wrap up as rooms can be cold, but so cheap. Right next to station and the town centre. Kitchen and bathroom facilities fine and free internet. You can help yourself to coffee and toast etc in the kitchen for free too.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Natie83
Brighton, England
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I only stayed in Blue Hostel for the night. I Went there with my little boy, my friend and her son. The owner of the hostel was very unfriendly. He definitely hates children so hopefully he will never has his own. It would be a disaster for them to have a dad who doesnt understand that children are children. They were very tired as we were flying from the UK and he made a remark about them being noisy. We felt like we couldnt breathe there. Children were very good and they were only laughing and being excited but as somebody has noticed earlier- walls are paper thin!!! The man was just very unprofessional. He didnt smile once, he didnt even say HELLO to my English friend. She felt she cant communicate with anyone there, we dont even know if he spoke English, he just made us feel very unwelcome. He didnt give us any information about kitchen (we didnt know we had to make breakfast ourselves), people were smoking in the toilet (smoking was banned there). The owner was NEVER at reception, we couldnt even work out how DVD player works, he just couldnt help at all. When we arrived he gave us sheets and told us to make our own beds! Disgraceful. Very bad manners, very unproffesional and very disappointing! I cant believe somebody with poor customer service like that runs the business. In the end we left our feedback as we were very unhappy and unsatisfied and the owner started to send nasty messages to me. I would never ever recommend to anybody to stay there. This place is a one big joke. The only plus is good location.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — hostel is located on second floor (there is no lift!) its especially difficult with prams and baggages!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Honest_traveller4