“good location - rude unfriendly staff!”
Review of Flamingo Hostel

Flamingo Hostel
Ranked #85 of 453 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Reviewed 24 August 2012

after travelling all around Poland this was by far the worst hostel ive stayed in - the staff were rude -- Laughing at our questions in our faces in polish
- no introductory information about the city eg maps or bar/restaurant recontamination (even when asked)
- spent hours happily chatting with other males guests while my friends and i received nothing but one word answers

I had other guests come ask me questions about the tours offered because they could get nothing out of the girls at reception ( this happened on 2 occasions )

Aside from the location - the dorms were stuffy, noisy, we had furniture being moved in and out of our room at strange hours.

I would not recommend this hostel to my friends or stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nikki2468

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Great breakfast spread. We had three different kinds of meats, cheeses, cereal, etc. I found the front desk to be super friendly and all the girls that work there are super cute (if you are into that sort of thing). I found my room/bed to be clean and didn't experience any bed bugs.

This hostel is located right smack in the middle of the party district. So, if you want a quiet hostel, this is NOT it. You can hear all the loud music from the clubs downstairs. One of my roommates was from a different part of Poland, came special to Krakow to party. I swear all he brought was a small backpack, a large bottle of Vodka, and McDonald's.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenJen808
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Very good location, a few meters from the main square and next to night clubs.

Other than that, we were frustrated with this hostel. Unbearably hot rooms due to lack of airflow, we had to sleep with the door open to make through it. 2 out of 3 showers didn't have hot water. Noisy guests during the night. Worst hostel from our summer eurotrip, and it was highly regarded in theory. Breakfast is very good though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed 1 night here with no problem, although it was hot. After my second night, I woke up in the morning to discover the girl in the top bunk had bed bugs! They managed to give her a different bed, but she had bites all over her arms. As I threw the sheet off myself getting out of bed I discovered a LIVE baby bed bug! After I got cleaned up, I confronted the girl at the front desk, and she basically said that since SHE didn't see it, then it wasn't a problem! I told her that she didn't need to see it, because I DID. She offered to call the surrounding hostels for availability, and found one at a lower price. If you go to Krakow, DO NOT stay at this place unless you want bed bugs! All they did for the other traveler was change her sheets. I'm SO happy I left that dirty place!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Terese_in_AZ
Reviewed 6 June 2012

After reading their website we were expecting a lot more than we were met with. The rooms were nice and the shower facilities were good. The common areas were quite dark and seeing as the hostel wasn't full it made it seem a lot emptier than it was. The location was excellent, however its central location meant that at night time if you weren't going out it was fairly noisy. The staff were fairly pleasant and we were given free cake :) I expect that during busier times this would be an excellent hostel! I hope to come back, I loved Poland!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed in the double appartments 3 min and 15 min far from the hostel. Both appartments were great, clean, located near from the center of the city. Staff were very friendly and helpful.
We would definitely stay in Flamingo appartments if one day we go back in Krakow. Higly recommended !!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Flamingo hostel was ok nothing special if it was the No1 hostel it's slipped a bit. I have def been to better hosts but I've also been to worse ones!

• Stayed: April 2012