Flamingo Hostel
Saski Hotel(Krakow)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Wentzl(Krakow)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspub crawlthe main squarefree breakfastshared bathroomcommon areascentral locationlocation is excellentold towntea and coffeemin walktrain stationnightlifeeuropetours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Like the other reviews the location is amazing...almost worth choosing the hostel on location alone for sightseeing and partying. However the hostel itself does not have a great atmosphere. The staff were not helpful and often were not able to be found. My bed linen did not fit the bed. The power outlets did not work on a lot of the beds in the dorm. Our room had a broken shower screen and the sink was blocked a lot. There was no toilet in the bathroom in the room. The general cleanliness was good. Wifi was weak in some areas. Breakfast was a chaotic affair and there was never enough food to go around. It was difficult to was your plates because the area was so small. Noise from the street and the club directly across the road and people loitering around the kebab shops in the street. I would look for another hostel if I revisit Krakow. There are just too many things that were annoying.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo Hostel for 3 nights in a private double room. The hostel offers breakfast each morning and a lot of help with any activities or things to do while visiting. The location was amazing, just steps from the main square.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank emswim
Reviewed 24 August 2012

after travelling all around Poland this was by far the worst hostel ive stayed in - the staff were rude -- Laughing at our questions in our faces in polish
- no introductory information about the city eg maps or bar/restaurant recontamination (even when asked)
- spent hours happily chatting with other males guests while my friends and i received nothing but one word answers

I had other guests come ask me questions about the tours offered because they could get nothing out of the girls at reception ( this happened on 2 occasions )

Aside from the location - the dorms were stuffy, noisy, we had furniture being moved in and out of our room at strange hours.

I would not recommend this hostel to my friends or stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nikki2468
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Great breakfast spread. We had three different kinds of meats, cheeses, cereal, etc. I found the front desk to be super friendly and all the girls that work there are super cute (if you are into that sort of thing). I found my room/bed to be clean and didn't experience any bed bugs.

This hostel is located right smack in the middle of the party district. So, if you want a quiet hostel, this is NOT it. You can hear all the loud music from the clubs downstairs. One of my roommates was from a different part of Poland, came special to Krakow to party. I swear all he brought was a small backpack, a large bottle of Vodka, and McDonald's.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JenJen808
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Very good location, a few meters from the main square and next to night clubs.

Other than that, we were frustrated with this hostel. Unbearably hot rooms due to lack of airflow, we had to sleep with the door open to make through it. 2 out of 3 showers didn't have hot water. Noisy guests during the night. Worst hostel from our summer eurotrip, and it was highly regarded in theory. Breakfast is very good though.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends