“Lovely, clean and in good location, but this apartment is not for 5 people, more likely for 2!!!”

Kazimierz's Secret Apartments
Ranked #37 of 416 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I am really disappointed with the quality of the apartment we've got. Online this hotel was really nice looking and I was looking forward to stay there. I have to say it is very nice, clean and looks only recently refurbished. The area is also great and not too far from main city attractions.

My very, very big disappointment was the space in the "apartment" itself. There is only one apartment for 5 people in the hotel, but to be honest this is basically apartment for 2 people where are extra beds added. There is not enough space for 5 people whatsoever!!! In the description online of this particular apartment was:

"The suite, consisting of 2 rooms, is located on the 1st floor.
Apartment Facilities: Ironing Facilities, Seating Area, Extra Long Beds (> 2 metres), Heating, Wooden / Parquet floor, Shower, Bath, Hairdryer, Free toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, Telephone, Radio, CD Player, Satellite Channels, Tea/Coffee Maker, Kitchenette, Refrigerator, Microwave, Kitchenware"

But actually this apartment was far, far away from being a suite - not for 5 people any way. It was more like hostel, I felt there is only bunk-beds missing. There were two rooms, kitchen, bathroom and hall which was actually bigger than the rooms itself!!! In one room was squeezed one single bed and one sofa-bed for two people. There was barley space for one bed which could be used comfortable by one person, but there was three people accommodated!!! The "double bed" was actually sofa bed for two squeezed in the corner beside the wall and the window. Unfortunately I’ve got this bed with my husband and I had to climb over him to get to and out of bed!!! Such a shame for the hotel!!! Incredibly there was wardrobe, bedside locker, chest of drawers and three chairs in the room as well.
The second room wasn’t better. There was sofa bed for two, tv stand with tiny tv set, bookshelf, corner unit and huge table by the window, which I presume was designed to be for 5 people, but there was space for two chairs only. There was no sitting area whatsoever and this apartment wasn’t design to be for family accommodation – more like for budget hostel.

In the kitchen there was not enough space for 5 people to sit together by the breakfast bar.

I was really upset of the quality we’ve got and the whole situation ruined my stay in Krakow. I absolutely hated this apartment and felt like backpacker even though I didn’t want to go for cheap weekend. I’ve never stayed in the hostel, but after stay in Kazimierz’s Secret I think I have experience of it.

I do not recommend this hotel for anyone at all. Not enough space and if you want to feel like in the hostel it is better to go to hostel - cheaper at least.

Room Tip: never, ever book the room for 5 people - you will get apartment with space for 2 with extra 3 beds...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 days in June. The rooms were clean and the apartment's security measures were good and sound. The staff was very helpful providing advice on various travel options in the city.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Conflake
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed at the apartments for 3 days in early May. We coordinated well with Magda the manager who was very helpful with the arrival and departure as well as suggestions on what to do and direcions. The apartment is in the Kazimierz district and close to the galicia jewish museum and walking distance to the jewish ghetto and Schindler's factory. The apartment had all the required facilities and was indeed clean. Will certainly return the next time we are in Krakow.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kuttappi
Cheltenham, England
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My son and I spent 5 days here at the start of the Euro 2012 tournament. We had the American Suite on the top floor which was very quiet and perfect for a same sex couple sharing. It is well equipped and a good size. Our arrival was slightly disconcerting as there was no one there to meet us and, due to some unfortunate circumstances, we had a wait of over an hour to be let in to the apartments. This however was more than compensated by Michal who offered apologies and 8 bottles of beer!
This place is spotless. I have the highest standards - trust me. You could eat off the floor. The stairs could be a problem to those with difficulty or disability but I am sure Michal could accommodate you on a lower floor and it would be a shame to let this put you off.
One thing Michal - Krakow is a city for the economy traveller who has trouble carrying toiletries in hand luggage. A range of complimentary shower gel/shampoo etc - not hand soap - would be a great touch.
The area is perfect for bars and restaurants. We used loads but The Tropical Gardens in the square behind is worth a mention for Tapas ( I have travelled extensively in Spain) and Starka for great (cheap) Polish food.
So much more I could say but the best thing I can say is I will be back with my Wife and Daughter and there is no higher recommendation than that.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TalkingToo
Bristol
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just came back from a 4 day break with my husband and had a fantastic time. These apartments were in a great location and the staff were great. Mike picked us up from the airport and we were able to leave our bags there until our room was ready. Mike was also available to help us with how to get the the salt mines on our own. The apartment was very clean and had nice little touches of bottled water and chocolate biscuits on arrival. Lots of place to enjoy good food and drink. We liked to go to the small square just round the corner. Nice place to sit and watch the world go by. Also within walking distance of the main square in the old town and Schindler's factory across the river. Would say here again. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. Highly commended especially for the price. Extra clean, well located, quiet at night, near a variety of cafes and bars, etc. You cannot go wrong with this apartment!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This was the best combination of price, quality and location. Bright and clean, quite tight on space but very well laid out and everything you need. We had Flat 12, on the top floor - the climb is fine if you don't have too much luggage. Loads of places to eat and drink in the evening, all great quality and price, very friendly. Only downside was the TV - which in spite of the satellite actually only shows BBC news and programmes dubbed into Polish. Still, in a place like Krakov, you don't need TV...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family