“Great Location & Staff”
Review of Amber Hotel

Amber Hotel
Ranked #22 of 261 Hotels in Krakow
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful with recommendations for restaurants and the trips we booked through the hotel were very organised. If there was one slight criticism it was the bar, nobody seemed to use it possibly because it was just set out as the breakfast area

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I spent 3 nights in this lovely boutique hotel Iast week. I was booked on a whimish "Shirley Valentine" moment, so despite initial bravado as a solo female traveller, I was slightly uneasy. Well following my stay, I think I need to go back urgently.... still baffled by how the hotel applied the whitest white bed linen and the cleanest bathroom in my history. I need cleaning lessons!
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay fantastic location, lovely breakfast and staff who spoke better English than most of my home town Barnsley.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cawthorne16
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is great value for money. Great location, clean, very comfortable and the staff are very helpful and friendly. You will not regret it. Breakfast was great and there was a small gym which I was able to use every day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank AFGT2013
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I did not expect such a pleasant surprise.
The hotel is newly renovated, and very close to the main square.
For the shopper, the huge shopping mall is a walking distance away, as is the great Powel Castle.
The hotel has free WiFi (a must in my mind, just like electricity today)
The price-included breakfast is just great!
And the staff are so nice.
The only downside to this hotel is that the street it's on is so-so, and I was awakened early in the morning by cries of drunks from the street below.

Room Tip: Don't know
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

When I booked this hotel I must say I wasn't expecting much as I thought it was quite cheap. We arrived in the late evening and everything went smoothly. Transfer was at the airport when we landed and we were quickly taken to the hotel. When I walked in I was gobsmacked. The entrance area is gorgeous. Every encounter we had with any staff member was also exceptional. We had a double deluxe room. It was stunning. Cleaned everyday. Breakfast was also lovely plenty of choice and enough to fill you in the mornings. We booked our day trips through the hotel and also booked a massage. All were well worth what we paid even though a little more expensive than you may get around the square. Both the sauna and fitness suite are easily found on the underground floor. Nice distance from main square to get a good night sleep. Free safe and air conditioning were also an added bonus. I've never received them for free anywhere else I've been. The complimentary Polish vodka was also a lovely touch. Would definitely return here if I came back to Krakow in the future!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank sophiee92
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel lived up to the reviews I had read when researching where best to stay in Krakow for a long weekend. If anything, we found it even better. The location is ideal, being within very easy walking distance of the old town square yet very peaceful and well away from the crowds. The reception staff were excellent and made everything very easy for us - they even managed to organise parking right outside the hotel for the whole weekend. The bedroom was nicely furnished and incorporated a really good, clean shower room.and the breakfast was varied, filling and plentiful - what more could one ask? I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone spending a long weekend in this interesting city.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in a standard room on the front of the building. This was more than suf...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Very welcoming reception staff, who couldn't do enough to help you. Excellent room with welcoming caraff of vodka- a lovely touch! Breakfasts very good too. A well positioned hotel, far from the madding crowd, but still within an easy and quick walk to the central square.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends