“un buen hotel a un pecio razonable”
Review of Amber Hotel

Amber Hotel
Ranked #21 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
españa
“un buen hotel a un pecio razonable”
Reviewed 3 June 2009

The hotel, totally reformed it enables a pleasant sojourn in one of the places but tourist of Estmbul, but you find the best of this hotel in the deal received by the employees of the same family very pleasant environment

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank pedro63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
IRELAND
Reviewed 2 June 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights on a city break in Krakow & were highly impressed with Hotel Amber. Located on a quiet street just a 5 min walk to the Market Square. The room we had has to be one of the biggest we have ever stayed in, tastefully decorated & with a powerful shower. Breakfast was buffet style. The hotel/reception staff are exceptional. They were very friendly, most helpful & booked all the tours we wanted to go on for us (Auschwitz/Salt Mines/Communist Tour). Indeed a few days before we arrived I received an e-mail from the hotel asking us did we want to book an airport transfer to the hotel (which we did) & when we arrived @ the airport on our first day we were met @ arrivals by our taxi driver.
I really liked Krakow & will definitely return here soon & I will stay at the Hotel AMBER without hesitation. It's a hidden gem of a hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of visiting Krakow.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Waterford-TRIP
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 May 2009

It's on the edge of the old town square, and about a 10 min walk to the train and bus station. That's the practicalities over with, it's in an excellent position to explore the city and surrounds.

The rooms are kept immaculately clean, and the one I was in may not have been huge but it didn't matter, I was by myself and I wasn't going to spending all day in there anyway! The bathroom facilities were excellent and the staff even left a small gift of sweets and the next day, some mineral water in the room. There was also tea and coffee making facilities, which was a plus.

The girls on reception were magnificently helpful and always ready to help, this is always something I look for when I'm abroad, as I'm usually by myself, it's great to see a smiling face at the start or the end of the day.

The breakfast was plentiful and I was even asked did I want my boiled egg done soft or hard, which I was rarely asked elsewhere. As I like them done hard, again this was a plus! There was a good selection of breads, yoghurts, cheeses and cold meat and the usual tea and coffee.

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel, it truly is great value, in a good position and with excellent staff.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank SarkaCZ
Wickham Bishops, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I was organising a long weekend trip to Krakow for a group of friends, made up of 7 couples. As ever I used Trip Advisor to look for a suitable Hotel. Hotel Amber looked like a suitable venue and I got in touch with them. From day 1 I received prompt, efficient and courteous attention.

In the event we arranged airport transfers and a trip to Auschwitz with them. The prices were most competitive and everything ran like clockwork.

After an early morning flight from London Luton we arrived at the Hotel before noon yet all our rooms were ready for us.

Whilst we all had different grades of rooms I heard no complaints of rooms and indeed everyone was very pleased with their room and commented on how clean it was.

Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. As a group of 14 we all met for Breakfast and this was the only slight disadvantage in that the Restaurant area was quite small and space was relatively cramped. This however was not really the fault of the Hotel. Hotel Amber has 18 rooms and they would not usually expect almost half of the residents to turn up for breakfast at the same moment!!

This turned out to be an excellent choice of Hotel. The location was excellent providing easy access to the main square where we had booked a number of different restaurants.

The staff were wonderful and cannot be praised enough.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Essex
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Excellent hotel. Must have been recently refurbished from top to bottom with no expense spared. Very centrally located, spotless rooms, good bar and breakfast room and excellent reception service. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnandCarolineUK
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We have just returned from a three-night stay at this hotel. Excellent location - close to centre but on a quiet street. Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable big room, great shower, etc.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatNor
Germany
Reviewed 8 April 2009

My friend and I stayed at Hotel Amber for 4 nights while visiting Krakow. We could not have asked for more. Our room was rather large by European standards, very quiet and clean. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. It was very large and soft with three pillows!

The hotel breakfast was good. Hot and cold food choices were provided such as yogurt, bread, cheeses, crepes, eggs, juices, and coffee. Every day the hotel also provided a "snack" in our room for us, such as water or juice, and cookies. This was very helpful as the tap water in Poland should not be consumed.

The receptionist was very helpful. She found train times and prices for our travels. She also provided us with walking directions.

The location of the hotel is superb. It is only about ten minute walk to the market square and 15 to the train station. While located on a busy street the rooms were very quiet!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends