Hotel Stary
US$123
Agoda.com
US$79
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barsalt roomsalt cavethe main squarejacuzzi bathold townspa areaswimming pool isjunior suitebeautiful hotelperfect locationsister hotelunderfloor heatingreception staffhotel restauranthigh ceilingsbreakfast was included
Reviewed 5 January 2012

When asked what sort of trip this was by Trip Advisor, I had to state 'Business'...

In reality it was an overnight stay that would be mainly consumed by a Xmas party, thrown by the company I'm currently consulting for. So in reality it had very little to do with business and rather too much to do with alcohol.

Now, I'm not best described as tea-total..I don't like tea for starters, so the concept of being totally tea-based would probably render me dead within a week...but likewise I'm not a lush. Possibly somewhere in between, a happy medium if you will.

Anyway, when a bar is free, the company is good and the surroundings convivial I have been known to overindulge.

And Krakow offered up the perfect storm of ingredients that created the most amazing evening that was obviously so memorable I remember almost nothing of it.

Apparently, the meal 110 metres below ground in a Salt Mine was awe inspiring...the subterranean bar we retired to was oozing atmosphere and class...even the prerequisite nocturnal pizza consumption was top drawer...or at least this is what I was told the morning after the night before.

You see, all I remember is arriving at Krakow airport, walking into the stunning main square and then nothing...total darkness...before a pesky alarm rudely awoke me from my slumber in a stunning room at the Hotel Stary.

I say room...I actually mean bathroom. I woke in the bath. A jacuzzi bath. Thankfully not full or indeed switched on.

After attempting a reanimation procedure via the wonderful rainfall shower, I staggered out of the room...that I believe was red...or what it grey?...before heading out of the hotel and into a cab to the airport.

So, as reviews go, this isn't the most informative I'll concede. But from what my less inebriated colleagues have told me, the staff were wonderful, the rooms sumptuous and the service second to none.

I'll take there word for it...as I believe should you.

Room Tip: Stay sober enough to enjoy the whole experience!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Wolfsbait
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We had a 2-night weekend stay and everything was very good - rooms, breakfast, staff & location. All this at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed at Hotel Stary for 3 nights, main purpose of trip was to see the sights of Krakow. The hotel is right in the city centre and only a few minutes walk from the main square. My room was large and the bathroom had a jacuzzi bath in it, really nice after a day of sightseeing. The swimming pool and gym was excellent and the atmosphere there was really relaxing, they provide robes, water, fruit etc. I only ate breakfast at the hotel, which was nice, excellent quality. I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure. Would return

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony, facing on the street, still quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank juls1809
Reviewed 24 October 2011

After reading some reviews which said staff not helpful I was a bit reluctant.
However so pleased we went. The staff, rooms and breakfast was excellent.
2 couples went and we all said the same, will use this Hotel again in the future.
The situation couldnt have been better, a stones throw from the market square. Lovely.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank celeryEastYorkshire
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My polish fiance and I decided to get married in Krakow and we chose Hotel Stary for the reception. We spent a lot of time with the restaurant manager Tomasz and I think we tested his patients but he never showed this and was always willing to help with all our arrangements. The day turned out to be absolutley wonderful with fantastic food and service from Tomasz and his team for which we are extremely grateful. Thank You!

Room Tip: Room 100 was huge and amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple