Hotel Daisy
  • Pool
US$171
Radisson Blu
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 for 2 nights. Having read the reviews on here before we travelled I was dreading the place but was pleasantly surprised on arrival. The hotel was clean and tidy inside and the staff were friendly and helpfull. The room was possibly the smallest twin room I'd seen and the ensuite was even smaller but both were clean and tidy.
The hotel is just under 6 km from Krakow centre so taxis are the only way to travell. These cost aproximately £4 gbp, each way unless after midnight when the price would double. The staff on reception had no problem arranging taxis for us and they usually arrived within 3 minutes.
It is at the end of a housing estate but it is a very private and exclusive estate making for a pleasant quiet stay. The hotel grounds were a bit unkempt with small amounts of building rubbish in some areas. (looks like work in progress).
The dining room is only open for breakfast and the bar never opened at all but this did not detract from an all together pleasant stay. If needed there are fridges around the reception area which contain beer, juices, sweets and ice creams but can only be accessed by reception staff.
To sum up I'd say it fitted the bill for a cheap quiet place to rest your head. We enjoyed ourselves in Krakow and the stay in Hotel Daisy certainly did not mar our visit.

Room Tip: Try to book a larger room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FalkirkPeter1961
Reviewed 8 May 2012

swimming pool -cold , dirty salty water,
arrogant owner, book it if youre planing to spent less than $ 10 / night

Room Tip: there is no ggod rooms there
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed in the Superior room for two nights. It was nice and clean, smelled nice. The breakfast was nice, too. The staff at the reception was kind, answered all our questions. They can speak English.
We travelled by car, however, we took bus 152 to the downtown which is just 15 minute ride from the hotel and you don't need to bother with parking in the city which is paid.

Room Tip: I'd definately prefer the superior rooms from the standard ones.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janeinka
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed here in a standard room. The hotel is located in the middle of a housing estate, and is in the middle of nowhere. Forgetting that travel agents walk 10x quicker than most other people, I booked due to the cheap price, thinking I could wander round Krakow and use it as a base. This gets very expensive, as unless you fancy a brisk 45 minute walk along a main road, you will not be seeing the city unless you get a taxi. The rank is about 10 minutes walk away, and there is not always taxis there. If you are lucky you might get to wait there whilst the local weirdos who hang around outside the off-license shout things at you.

The "Bed" wasn't even a bed - it was a sofa thing with a cheap tiger blanket over the top. This thing gave off so much static I was worried it was going to connect with one of the numerous loose cables and dodgy wiring that is littered around your tiny room. Constant static shocks are not conductive to a good nights sleep.

The staff were something else- I have never met an unfriendlier bunch in my life. I have no idea if they were there against their wills but I felt like an inconvenience rather than a guest. I understand there is a bar but to be frank I was concerned I would be strung up if I asked it to be opened. I was relieved that throughout my 7 nights here, they did not bother to clean my room or replace my towels once. The "guest garden" is an unkempt lawn littered with fag butts and covered in broken garden furniture. The TVs don't work and were purchased in the 1980s by the looks of things (probably installed when they last cleaned the rooms).

Yes it is cheap, but this time cheapness comes at a price - you won't sleep, you will spend all your money on taxis, and you will be terrified of the staff. Please, please, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank bicycleglasses
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Having travelled extensively throughout Europe staying in campsites, small hotels and other accommodation I can say without doubt this was definitely the worst place I have ever stayed in and is barely credible as even a hostel!
We were booked into a double room in the 'Hotel Daisy Superior’ by Thomas Cook as part of a package deal. Upon arrival we were told to pay a further 12 zloty local tax (payable in cash only!) and shown a tiny, twin bedded room which was dark and poorly furnished. The room had only a piece of net at the window, no shutters and was so small that it was impossible to open the wardrobe without moving the bed!
When we enquired as to why we did not have a double room we were told that the Hotel Daisy Standard, which Thomas Cook had actually booked us into, did not have any double rooms and suggested we ' push the beds together' .We continued to advise that we were unhappy and we were offered a room in the Hotel Daisy Superior for an additional £80. Despite advising both the hotel reception staff and Thomas Cook's emergency contact line staff that we had indeed already paid for a room in the Hotel Daisy Superior we were not offered any alternative accommodation. The room had dangerous electrical fittings with the lights, TV and alarm clock all being run from one wall mounted extension cable. There were bare wires hanging from the wall lights and the socket was over 6 feet from the ground, meaning that you had to stand on a chair to plug in any appliance. The beds were actually very hard sofas with old blankets laid on top to cover up the base area. The hotel was advertised as offering swimming pool facilities and Wi-Fi but these were only available at a price (15 zloty per visit) for clients not staying in a superior room. The staff were both rude and aggressive when we complained about the accommodation and seemed very used to dealing with frequent complaints. Having been challenged regarding the status of our booking the reception staff proceeded to offer us a Hotel Daisy Superior room at a reduced rate of £60 but without use of the swimming pool facilities! This hotel or the travel agents using this hotel are mis-selling the accommodation as 3 star and upon arrival offering sub-standard, hostel standard accommodation which is less than even the suggested 1 star, using the confusion around the Hotel Daisy/ Hotel Daisy Superior as a convenient excuse!!!
Krakow is a fantastic city with very friendly people but please never ever stay at this hotel. We had to pay another £130 to make alternative arrangements for other accommodation since both the Hotel Daisy/Daisy Superior and Thomas Cook failed to help us. This experienced ruined the first day and a half of our holiday. I have a booking confirmation showing I was booked in the Hotel Daisy Superior yet this is not what I received.
My advice to anyone booked into this Hotel is to please confirm with your travel agent exactly where and what standard of accommodation you are being given. This hotel has numerous terrible reviews on various websites .I cannot believe that any credible UK travel agent would consider offering this to their clients. In future I will avoid travel agents and book my own accommodation checking reviews online made by customers !!!

Room Tip: Just don't come here -go elsewhere!. Krakow is full of reasonably priced , decent accommodation.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple