“Highly recommended -- splendid service and stay”
Review of Abella Guest Rooms

Abella Guest Rooms
Ranked #29 of 127 Krakow B&B and Inns
Wiltshire
“Highly recommended -- splendid service and stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2008

I had the pleasure of staying at Abella Guest Rooms in Cracow for two weeks and I must say, having travelled all over the world, I have never experienced such good value for money.
But it was the friendly, hospitable and charming owners, Syliva and Peter, who went out of their way to accommodate my requests, that made staying at the luxurious guest rooms memorable for me.
This combined with the main market square being a 10 min walk away, free internet, useful information about local attractions, events and tours, good access to public transport (tram stop is about 100 metres away from the hotel, very handy for anyone wishing to explore surounds, such as Kazimierz/the Jewish Quarter), with plenty to see and do, it really makes any visit to Cracow worthwhile and hassle-free.
Sylvia and Peter, if you're reading this, thank you once again for making me feel at home and keep up the great work. Being English, it's rare for me not to make any complaints, so I will say that I only wish my stay could have been longer. But I'll be back for sure.

• Liked — the quality of the rooms, reasonable price and the owners
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Inspiredtravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Sheffield
Reviewed 8 May 2008

Stayed at the Abella for 5 days in April in the truly wonderful City of Krakow.The hotel is not located on the most picturesque street in the city but is within easy walking distance of the famous Main Square.The rooms are located in a tastefully renovated old building with many original features and is spotlessly clean throughout with many nice added touches to the general decor. The rooms have modern bathrooms and are furnished to a good standard.There is a slight drawback in that there is no lounge area where you could meet and compare notes with other guests but all things considered we were delighted with our choice of accomodation.The girls on reception all spoke very good English and could not have been nicer and more helpful.They arranged Taxi transfers from and to the Airport and also arranged our 2 trips (Auschwitz and also the Salt Mines).The trips cost us slightly more than booking with the tour operators in the centre but for the extra 20 zloty you were picked up at the Hotel by Minibus and consequently you were in a much smaller party than if you had gone by the coachload.If we ever return to Krakow (a distinct possibility) we would not hesitate to stay at Abella again.

• Liked — standards of service and cleanliness
  • Disliked — not the prettiest location
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kidjoe
Carlow
Reviewed 18 April 2008

My Self and 5 lads stayed in the Abella Rooms in April 08. 3 of us in a triple room 2 in a twin and 1 in a single. We all found the rooms spacious, clean, comfortable and modern. The staff were absolutely brilliant - they arranged transport from the airport and two trips 1 to Auschwitz and 1 to the Salt mines (both of which I highly recommend). The rooms were cleaned daily with beds made and clean towels left. The only minor drawback to this accommodation is if your room is street facing the trams can be fairly loud and they start VERY early!
But this is made up for by Sylwia and her super staff. Even though this trip was a long weekend away with the lads I would have no hesitation in returning to the Abella guest rooms with my wife - and her taste would be much more refined than mine.
All in all an excellent place to stay in a fantastic city steaped in history and culture.

• Liked — The cleanliness and great staff
  • Disliked — the tram line was right outside my window
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 27 October 2007

I've just spent 5 nights at Abella Guest Rooms in Krakow and it's been an almost perfect stay. I emailed them directly and they replied immediately and with all necessary information. My flight was scheduled into Krakow very late, and they offered me an airport pickup for 80 zloty --- a little more than a taxi fare, but as is all too common with LOT Polish Airlines, my flight from Warsaw was delayed so I didn't get in until the early hours of the morning and I was utterly exhausted. The Abella driver was there with a smile and my name on a board and a lovely Audi. He whisked me into town, showed me to my room, which turned out to be a huge twin with great modern furnishings, excellent bathroom, everything very clean and new, french doors and my own balcony, and free unlimited highspeed internet in the room --- all for the very serviceable tariff of 59 Euros a night, tax included. The hotel is on a busy street, just a short and rather interesting walk from the historic center of the city. If you are a light sleeper, and I am, it can be rather noisy at night with cars and trams, but the chemist shop next door sells earplugs, and I suppose there are rooms at the back as well. The staff were exceptionally helpful: loaned me an umbrella, helped me find my way to places, told me how and where to buy Krakow salami to take home for my sausage addicted partner, organized an early morning cab to the airport for me, and came around the night before I left to make sure I knew that daylight time was ending that night. And they are polite and friendly, a real pleasure to visit with. It would have been nice if the hotel offered breakfast in the rate, but the pastry and coffee shop next door served very well. I really liked the Abella. It represents exceptional value in a really lovely city.

• Liked — Clean, new, great internet access, lovely staff
  • Disliked — Street noise
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
4 Thank Mikanacat
Sunderland
Reviewed 19 August 2007

Lovely clean, large rooms with superb en suite. Staff very friendly and helpful. first class facilities, would definately return.

Krakow market square has the wow factor - especially at night. We stayed Monday to Friday, suspect it could be rowdy with drunken Brits on a weekend.

Did the usual trips, but went to Auschwitz on the train and saved quite a bit on the cost of organized trips (22Zl compared to 60ZL)

If going to the salt mine make sure you go early at this time of year (August). We arrived at 1130 and were advised that the tour could take upto 5 hours (could believe it looking at the length of the queue) so didn't stay.

All in all loved central Krakow, food and drink very cheap!!! Would go back again.

• Liked — Clealiness
  • Disliked — Noise from Street
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank Bowz
Newcastle
Reviewed 10 August 2007

We stayed in the Abella Guest Rooms after looking on the internet for a place to stay in the centre of Krakow.
The owners Slyvia and her husband were very nice and very helpful.They spoke very good English and nothing was a problem. They assisted us in a trip to Auschwitz which was fantatstic.We were picked up and dropped off at the hotel.
There was no air conditioning in the rooms but we survived ok. Abella is situated in a good position to the market square, about 5-10 minute walk. Krakow was very nice but we were continually hounded by beggers and tramps,especially when eating around the square at night. On more than one occasion when we refused to give them money, they became verbally aggressive.So beware of these people, you may think you can spot them a mile off but believe me they blend right in.

Would go back to Abella Guest Rooms, they were very clean and couldnt do enough for you.

• Liked — Very clean and spacious
  • Disliked — No air conditioning (Sorry we are spolit!!!)
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lalNewcastle
cheshire
Reviewed 31 May 2007

Modern apartment in older building 10 minute walk into the centre of Krakow. Apartment I stayed in was on third floor next to other company offices located in the same building.The Abella reception was on first floor. The apartment was one bed,separate bathroom with good shower with kitchen/diner/lounge combined.Everything was new and worked well. Staff who ran reception spoke good English and were friendly and helpful.At the time I stayed there was some noise during daytime ours from adjacent apartments being renovated. I followed recommendations and dined at The Florianska and Aqua e Vino and was not disappointed.Taxi to the airport cost me 40 sloty. I suprisingly got a better exhange rate to the pound in the many exhchange booths in the city 5.56 than I did from Travelex 5.29.Krakow was a good city to explore and prices were cheap.For the smokers in particular cigarettes were particulary cheap 6.70 to 7.40 for a packet of English brands[remember you can only bring 200 back to Britain] and good branded Polish beer at a pound a pint.Coffee was a pound a cup in cafes and the cakes were excellent and very cheap as well.Not a good place for the lungs,liver or waistline I fear.Plenty of archectural, cultural and musical treats however for the more artistically minded if thats your thing.

• Liked — Independent self contained.An apartment not a hotel experince.
  • Disliked — Noise during day but this probably isnt an ongoing issue.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple