“Family friendly quiet. ”

Farmona Hotel Business & Spa
Ranked #56 of 258 Hotels in Krakow
London, United Kingdom
“Family friendly quiet. ”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We are very pleased with the service, room and ease of access to centre by car. Restaurant food is excellent as is breakfast. Nice minibar for when baby's asleep in the good sized room. Lovely staff couldn't help enough, especially with the little one.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Farmona, Kierownik at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear parsas 7,

Thank you for fantastic rewiev. We are very happy that room meet your expectations. We have to say that the little ones are our favorites guests. Perhaps while your next visit in Farmona Hotel you will get a chance to visit our oriental spa.
We very much hope to welcome you and your family back to our hotel again soon, and if we can be of any assistance with future arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Manager and Farmona Hotel Business & SPA Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum was there on holiday for 4 days. The staff was the most helpful in helping os with a problems that we had the first day and getting I me my allergies free food rest of the stay. The spa treatments was divided and i wish that i had more time to take more. The food at the restaurant was healthy and where wery good.

Me experience at the hotel was nothing then positive and if I'm going to Krakow again i hope i will be staying there again. It was a filling that you were home away from home. So yes 5 stars to Farmona.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank Katarina Maria ... V
Dear Katarina,

Thank you for 5 stras rewiev! Many thanks for your kind words. I’m glad my team made your stay enjoyable. If you want to come back and stay with us again, remember to book one of our stay packages with spa treatments and meals in Magnifica restaurant.

Manager and Farmona Hotel Business & SPA Team
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have 2 daughters (3 and 1years old) who are very active, so we were looking for good size room. Farmona's family room was perfect. 52km2 clean and good furnitured. Very big and nice garden with much to do both for kids and adult. Friendly and helpful staff especially Adam. 15 min walk to good size shopping mall and 15 min drive to the city center. We would for sure chose Farmona hotel if we come back to Krakow.
Family Hoiland

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Antonina H
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Antonina H

Thank you very much for visiting Farmona Hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences online.
It is wonderful you recognised Farmona Hotel Business & SPA as “cosy” and “family orientated”. Spacious family rooms along with big private park and playing area make Farmona Hotel a perfect choice for guests travelling with children. Another facility which is worth to mention is our children play room equipped with toys or colouring books. Kids safety is our big concern therefore we also provide complimentary safety pack i.e. socket covers or drawer locks .
This is great you appreciated the staff efforts in service. I couldn’t wait to congratulate Adam being complimented for his professional approach. He is very grateful for your kindness.
Access to the Cracow’s main sights as well as shopping malls is always within minutes. Please consider attractive sales periods planning your next visit.
The hotel reception will always provide necessary information regarding main tourist attraction or arrange convenient transportation.

Your next stay is very anticipated,, so please do not let us wait for too long!

Manager & Staff at the Farmona Hotel Business & SPA
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A good value, peaceful hotel. Spa great value and worth going to even if you are not staying there. The hotel is approx. 15mins walk from Borek Faleci tram stop (end of line) and close to a large number of out of town shops and a large shopping centre near the tram stop. 3.40 zloty to travel each way.
Breakfast well stocked and a lovely garden to eat in. The restaurant serves fabulous food, which is handy as no where nearby to eat.
If booking more than one room, then may be worth asking for rooms nearby as we were on 2 different floors on 2 sides of the hotel.
If a wedding is booked at the hotel, the restaurant may close but you can still get room service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DeeDah2013
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2015
Dear DeeDah2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.
Farmona Hotel Business & SPA is located in a quiet area of Kraków. This is the reason why we are able to offer relaxing atmosphere completed by own park which extends whole hotel into a green and peaceful area. Therefore Magnifica Restaurant with its breakfasts on a sunny terrace or romantic dinners in the evening, Balinese SPA or park view rooms correspond with the company’s philosophy of being close to the nature.
Enjoying all of those unique features hotel Guest are still able to reach all Krakow’s attractions within 15 minutes. Therefore we are often chosen as a best option for 4 S’es: stay, spa, sightsee and shop.
We are waiting here for you, please let us know if you prefer rooms close to each other. We always try to meet guest’s needs.

Best regards
Manager & Farmona Hotel Business & SPA Team
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Dear to all stuff i wish to thank you for my 2 nights stay in your hotel it was very GOOD and in order for me 100% and i wish to thank you also your Manager & your Gen Manager too the way they have treated me. ( EXCELLENT service in Farmona Hotel Business & Spa )

Hope to see again soon

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank ray20142222
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest

It is most endearing to read a review of yours describing Farmona Hotel as “EXCELLENT”.

The words of appreciation were passed to the whole Farmona Hotel Team. This is the best compliment to a hotelier hearing such a fantastic feedback from the guest.

We truly hope you will not let us wait to long for seeing you again!

Very best regards
Manager and Staff at the Farmona Hotel Business & SPA
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was pleased to have found such a great place for us to spend a 4 night stay in Krakow. I contacted the hotel beforehand and was able to arrange transfers to and from the airport through them at a cost of 95 zloty each way. This made for a very smooth arrival and departure. Staff at the hotel were welcoming and we were able to check into our room earlier than expected which was helpful.

Farmona Hotel is more on the outskirts of the city but it was very easy to get into the centre. We had quite an adventure getting the tram and the end of the line is about 5 or 10 minutes walk from the hotel - turn left out of the hotel and walk through the industrial estate turn left past the bike shop and Macro, then go right and take the subway to the tram line. Tram numbers 8 or 10 take you into the centre and buying a '40minute' ticket for the princely sum of 3.70 Zl single or 7.20Zl return gets you there.

The hotel itself was pleasant and quiet and excellent value for money. It was set in lovely gardens with what seemed to be an industrial estate to the rear (where our room faced) though this did not really detract too much. I noticed there was plenty of room for parking. We stayed in a twin bedded room which was comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was superb with toiletry samples to use including yummy smelling body wash.There was a well - stocked mini bar in the room which seemed to be reasonably priced (20 zloty for a small bottle of Pinot Grigio). There was a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. One thing I noticed was how the style of the decor throughout (apart from the elegant entrance hall) is very dark but that was a small thing and after a while we got used to this.

Breakfasts at the hotel were simply fantastic - an amazing array of beautifully presented fresh food - cereal, fruit, salad, meats, cheeses, bread, yoghurt, pastries to name just a few items! We even sat outside for breakfast one day. We had two evening meals in the hotel at their restaurant - the food was lovely quality and exquisitely presented. I can particularly recommend the chocolate soufflé with berry ice-cream - totally delicious! The food was very reasonably priced as well.

I was sorry to not have the time to visit the Spa at the hotel as I think this would have been great.
One thing that surprised me was the lack of promoting of this facility and indeed also the restaurant. I think there is a lot more the hotel could do to promote what they have to offer and indeed the hotel staff could make a point of promoting the Spa and restaurant on the arrival of guests. I had to explicitly ask the reception staff for information about what the spa offered after searching in vain for this in the room. Unfortunately by then we were running out of time to include the Spa so I didn't get to do this in the end. Also we only found out about the restaurant by randomly walking in there.

There were lots of products being sold by the hotel under their own brand "Farmona" these are great quality and extremely reasonably priced. I love the rose hand cream I bought.

All in all Farmona Hotel has a great deal to offer it was the perfect base from which to explore the sights of Krakow and the surrounding area. I would very much like to go back again and to include time to relax in their Spa.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julia C
Dear JuliaC

We very much appreciate you took yourself the time to share feedback about your stay with us! The most important for us is the fact of receiving such a charming and detailed appraisal from the Tripadvisor Contributor!

Reading your review I must agree that dedicated hotel Staff is always ready to arrange the stay from its very beginning until the last minutes. Local transportation, sightseeing trips, shopping tips or hotel services can easily fill up number of days in Krakow. We also appreciate your detailed information regarding public transportation, pricing and other access tips handy for Tripadvisor users.

Thank you for letting us know about internal cross promotion. Now we are preparing brand new hotel website and marketing materials will obviously come along. We hope during your next stay you will find them better accessible and exposed.

This is exciting to hear the words of appreciation regarding the Magnifica Restaurant. They were passed on to our F&B Team. Yet there is a lots to try on as new summer seasonal menu has just been introduced. Hopefully you will not let us wait too long for your next visit.

We are very glad you found our bathroom cosmetics handy as well as on site shop Farmona face and body care products reasonably priced and . Most of them are a retail counterparts of professional preparations used in our Oriental SPA during the beauty treatments. Sadly to hear that you did not use Oriental SPA facilities as we would look forward for your detailed review.

The Farmona Hotel Business & SPA Team is thankful for the recommendations and would like to wish you safe travels and quick return to the welcoming interiors of our hotel!

Best regards
Manager and Staff at the Farmona Hotel Business & SPA
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have to be honest when I say that I do not know where to begin with this hotel. Situated about 20/30 minutes from Balice airport, I have to admit I was a little worried when we turned into what looked like an industrial estate. The view from the front door is not pleasing to the eye but as soon as you turn your back on the buildings opposite, you are faced with a beautiful wood effect hotel. The stairway to the entrance is decorated either side by beautifully kept plants and flowers, with an ornate marble planter on either side of the glass automatic doors. The entrance is stunning with its marble floor, dark wood reception desk and beautiful chandelier hanging between two marble staircases leading to the first floor.
The chap (I feel bad that I do not remember his name) was welcoming and polite. We were very early, however he allowed us to check in and take a seat in the restaurant whilst he checked that our room was ready. He came to find us with 20 minutes and handed us our keys.
The room was a very good size with a double and single bed, two rounded leather chairs with a small table, two bedside cabinets, a fitted wardrobe, TV and desk. The room had a small mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and bottles of still and sparking water. If I was going to say anything negative about the room, it would be that the décor was a little dark for my liking, although saying that, it was very well decorated. The bathroom was stacked with fresh white towels and a basket full of freebie shampoo, conditioner, face creams, body butter and other toiletries.
The room was warm and cosy, quiet and relaxing and fit in perfectly with the fell of the hotel.
We ate in the Majestica restaurant on our first night and, again, the staff were welcoming and accommodating. The menu was not too big and not too small and offered a wide range of meals to suit all tastes and budgets. The first evening I chose a salmon fillet served in pea puree and green vegetables. The presentation was fantastic and it tasted absolutely delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant was serene and relaxed with décor to match. Dark woods with flashes of bright colours and an abundance of white flowers from roses to orchids. The glass fireplace set the place off a treat.
Breakfast is served between 7 and 10am and is presented as a buffet. There is no shortage of items to choose from cheeses, hams, yogurts, pastries, fruit and cereals to name but a few - as much as you can eat.
We did not eat in the restaurant on the second night as there was a wedding (but we had been made aware of this before we arrived)
On our second day we opted for a massage in the Wellness Spa. For 240zl, I had a deep tissue massage which was out of this world. There were times when the pressure was quite hard and bordered on painful but it was worth it in the end.
Do not be put off being out of the old town. Krakow Main Market Square is very much geared towards tourists and hen/stag parties and although it was not unpleasant, it was nice to stay somewhere a little out of the main tourist area. The average taxi cost 30/40zl to get to the old town.
The hotel is surrounded by beautifully manicured gardens, flowers, winding paths to secret seating areas and a play area for children. There is plenty of seating outside for eating and drinking in the sunshine.
The hotel arranged a tour of Auschwitz-Birkeneau for 130zl per person. It is not for the faint hearted but is well worth the hours trip. It takes up the whole day and does leave you feeling somewhat thankful and emotionally drained.
Having never been to Krakow before, I did not know what to expect from the city or the Polish, but neither disappointed me. The Polish are friendly and polite (although the men can seem a little standoffish) the city is stepped in culture, architecture and an indescribable history. The weather was beautiful (an added bonus) and there is so much to see and do that I could have done with another couple of days.
If you are looking for a few days get away, then Krakow and Farmona would be perfect.

Room Tip: A room facing the garden at the back is preferred over the car park at the front but do not let that...