“Excellent”

Ranked #45 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
Aalborg, Denmark
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My daughter and I just came back from two days on Aparthotel Spatz. We were absolutely thrilled about our room. It was very spacious, very clean and modern.
We like everything about the hotel, and will definitely stay there next time we go to Krakow.

Unfortunately our luggage was not with our plane, but the hotel went out of their way to help us, calling the airport regularly. When the suitcase came the following day it was rushed to our room.

A very very friendly staff, excellent restaurant and bar.

This hotel is absolutely to be recommended both for the stay, the location and for the hotel itself.

Susanne and daughter

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Julia M, Manager at Spatz Aparthotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Susanne,

I heard that the luggage arrived at the hotel:). I'm very sorry for airport mistake and happy that after all you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Thank you very much for your appreciation. This is the best award for us to hear that our Guests felt with us comfortable. And please feel invited as well for your future stay.

Julia Madej

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights 31st March - 3rd April. It was recommended to us by a friend who had stayed there 2 years ago. In advance of our trip I emailed the hotel to ask for the room with a balcony which my friend had stayed in and the hotel met our request. From the moment you open the door into the hotel the staff are very warm and friendly and willing to accommodate whatever you need. The room was very big and clean and the beds very comfortable. Room did get a little stuffy but there were lots of windows to open with 3 floor to ceiling windows in the room. The hotel was well located with just a 15min walk to the main square and on the edge of the Jewish quarter. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Email the hotel and ask for Room 6, the only one with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Julia M, Manager at Spatz Aparthotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear JanetK349,

Thank you very much for staying at the Spatz Hotel and for the kind comments on the Trip Advisor :). We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I am reluctant to write this review because there were so many good things outweighed by just one thing. First just let me state that the staff was first rate. They helped me with concert tickets, answered any question that I had and breakfast always started on time. The room was located toward the front of the hotel and got much street noise but I was able to deal with that. On my last night there, I came back to my room fairly early in order to pack and get some sleep before my 4:00 a.m. wake-up call. Rather early in the evening I began to hear shouting, bangs on walls and doors, singing and noises that I can only describe as coming from someone being tortured. Much of this was taking place on my floor and I was actually afraid to venture from my room. The explanation was that a party was taking place for hotel staff--really!! I do not hold the clerks on duty as responsible because it would not have been possible for them to control their supervisors. That kind of behavior was just unacceptable and inexcusable. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back or on another level might have been better.
2 Thank Patricia S
Dear Patricia S,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to read Your review. I don't even know where to start in order to apologize for noisy night and try to explain few things.

At our hotel was a large group of Englishmen and I truly sorry for all the inconveniences.

However, I spoke to my Reception and it’s a mistake that You think was a party at the reception. My Receptionist has informed You during check- out at 4 a.m – “that the Reception tried several times to calm the grup which returning from the city. Grup came to Poland on the bachelor party”. I think that was make a mistake and you did not understand my receptionist. It was not our bachelor party but this grup.

If I can do anything for you, please let me know :)

I hope that you forgive us this one night.

Yours sincerely Julia Madej / Manager
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I am an American living in Lisbon, and came to Krakow for a few days as a female on my own to visit Auschwitz-Birkenow. The staff was extremely helpful, pleasant, and friendly. The room was beautiful, clean and enjoyable. They told me places to eat nearby, and overall helped make this an outstanding trip. I was nervous to travel by myself, but their staff helped make me feel welcome and comfortable. Thank you!!!!

Dear Kristy S,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that during your stay you enjoyed all the facilities.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I am an Australian female travelling on my own, and i spent 5 days at the Spatz Hotel. From the moment of booking in I found the staff so helpful. Each of the staff members went out of their way to help me with anything from directions to recommending eating places and making bookings on my behalf. the room was warm and s only icleaned at your request. I had a great time in the restaurant, being entertained by a couple of guitarists! I felt very vulnerable in Cracow without knowing the language and the Spatz was a safe haven for me to return to. It's also a great location, close to buses, trams station and restaurants.

Dear Rosalind B,

Thank you so much :) I am very happy you enjoyed your stay in the hotel,
It is a pleasure to host such nice guests !

See you againe in Kraków,

Kind regards,
UK
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I was on business trip and got smallest room ever seen. Poor bathroom finish, very small single bed, wardobe could not fit my suit case. The noise from corridor was terrible and not because of quests but lack of acoustic insulation to door. The only good site of the hotel is breakfast, which was very good. For Cracow explorers good localisation, but I am giving Avarage as there are much better aparthotels than this one around.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was so impressed with this hotel! The hotel and the rooms are spotless and well maintained. Our room was spacious and very comfortable and I could not fault it at all.

The location is excellent, there are so many great bars and restaurants nearby you are spoilt for choice and the Main Square is a short walk away.

However, the best thing about the hotel is the friendly and helpful staff who could not do enough for you.

I would be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Julia M, Manager at Spatz Aparthotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear jem8182,

Thank you very much for staying at the Aparthotel Spatz and for the great comments on the Trip Advisor for the other travelers :) We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Manager