“Short distance to Airport excelent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Neohotel Airport

Neohotel Airport
Ranked #207 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Drammen, Norway
“Short distance to Airport excelent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Had a 1 night stop over, excelent service, nice room, good pizza down the road, and 10 minutes to the airport

Room Tip: Room to back of hotel suited me good
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rune S L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
England & France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Reading reviews and looking at photos, I thought I'd booked a safe bet hotel close to the airport, which would be full of business travellers. I thought it'd be basic and OK.

In fact this surprisingly turned out to be a lovely hotel in its own right, close to the airport or not. The hotel feels very nice, clean and modern. The staff was really nice and helpful, there was plenty of free parking, breakfast was tasty and cheap, room was big and clean, with free open WiFi.

The hotel is located in a small town called Rząska, and we had a bit of trouble finding it with the TomTom sat nav, as it didn't recognize Topolowa street and just took us to some other street with the same name a mile or two away. Once we finally found it thanks to the directions of some locals, the sat nav said the road had no name... But we found it eventually.

You're 3.7k to the airport, so less than 10 minutes drive away, and in the evening you can go to a lovely little Italian restaurant called Amalfi which is 5 minutes walk away. It's right by a lake which is lovely if you want to sip a glass of Limoncello sitting on the tables outside looking at the swans on the lake with the sun setting and planes coming to land in the distance. It was actually surprisingly nice and relaxing as a last night waiting to catch our plane, much better than what I expected from an "airport hotel".

The only negative thing I can think of, and it's both a small and weird complaint, is that somehow the duvet on the bed was way too narrow and barely covered one person which is a bit weird as it was a double bed... I didn't quite get that! lol

Overall would definitely recommend. Best "airport hotel" I've ever stayed at, because it didn't actually feel like one...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank MichaelArchangel
US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

Due to traffic conditions ended up missing our flight out of Krakow and ended up staying 2 nights at this hotel. It is very close to the airport, very clean and modern and the ladies at the front desk are very nice. Don't expect luxury, but the rooms serve their purpose and they are clean and new.

Some advice, if you plan on driving from the Zakopane area to Krakow to catch a flight, better check the traffic conditions. Because of the horrible traffic we ended up driving 60 km in 4 hours. Cost us our flights and a lot of money.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Watson72
Oslo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

We were in a pickle after plane problems at the airport. We looked into this place and had to find it late at night. Don't go looking any further. No problems, staff were helpful and we got a good price on a double room. There are a couple of restaurants nearby too, for cheap.

The hotel was as expected. Functional, clean, efficient and friendly. We didn't require anything more from an airport hotel but this should be the place for you to stay if stuck late at night in.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silver0873
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2008

My stay at this hotel got off to a bad start when I took a taxi from Krakow-Balice train station (the airport station) which is 3-4km from the hotel and the fare was 53PLN. The hotel is in a small village close to the airport. It was a hot and humid night and there had been rain earlier in the evening. As we drove to the hotel steam was rising from the road surface. On arrival at the hotel first impressions are good - modern, clean and friendly welcome. I had a very nice room on the first floor which had two levels - a lower floor lounge and bathroom with an upper level bedroom area connected by wooden staircase. Room was really nice, the bathroom (no bath, just shower) was spotless and nicely decorated. The lounge had sofa and table, wardrobes and a TV. The hotel has free wifi which you can pick up in your room. Upstairs there is a bed with nice clean sheets and an air con unit. However, very annoyingly the aircon unit did not work. The room was very hot but it was not wise to open the windows as there were lots on insects flying around outside - they may have ben mosquitoes as when I took a taxi to the airport the following moring i saw a big lake nearby. I asked the receptionist If I could have the aircon on - she said no quite unpleasantly. (I suspect this lack of air con might be a cost cutting exercise - I think this is a big mistake particularly as the weather is getting hotter as summer approaches). As a result a very hot and uncomfortable night followed. Breakfast was served downstairs in the small bar area - it was pretty good although there was no hot food. Overall for a two star hotel it was pretty good (in fact the room was far better than many 3 star hotels I have stayed in, apart fro the lack of air con). Next time I am in Krakow (and I hope to return as it is a beautiful city) I will not stay at the Neohotel, I will stay in the city centre. I only stayed at the Neohotel as it was close to the aiport and I had an early morning flight to catch. There is an aiport train available from the main central train station in Krakow (Krakow-Glowny) which takes 16 minutes and runs from early morning to late at night.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank Poliwhirl

Travellers are raving about these Krakow hotels

Kent, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

Due to the Poland working on every road at once with money from the EU (I think 'spend it while you have it' was the best explanation I heard from a local) we missed our flight from Krakow following our drive from Zakopane. We needed emergency accomodation close to the airport for our flight the next morning.
Knowing what the outskirts of Krakow are like I wasn't hopeful of anywhere particularly pleasant especially condersidering the quality of hotels nationwide are fairly poor.
Suffice to say, we were pleasantly suprised. It was about £50 for the night for a family room with two bedrooms and a shower room. the entire hotel has been designed and run based of hotels in other countries and this influence is clear. It was new, clean and very modern by Polish standards.

Their main clientele are apparently business costumers and those who miss their flight! it is 5 min taxi to airport.

Recommended.

• Liked — New, modern and close to airport.
  • Disliked — We had to stay there as we missed our flight!!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2007

This hotel opened in Jan07. It's in a small town near Balice (Krakow Airport), there are 2 restaurants in walking distance (I went to Impulse and had good polish dinner for under 40zloty)
The rooms are modern and nicely decorated. Ditto for the bathrooms, also modern and well done.
Free wifi access.
Personnel was very friendly and helpful.
In the morning I drove to the airport, dropped off rental car and was in check-in line in 10 minutes time total.

• Liked — Personnel
  • Disliked — No A/C
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business