“Affordable luxury”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free option
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The #1 place this restaurant has on Trip Advisor is totally justified. Wonderfully atmospheric, exceptional service and menu choices that would be unaffordable in the UK. For example, I had a whole lobster (mouth-wateringly prepared) which cost less than £35. Extensive wine list, and well informed sommelier, beautifully presented dishes, and very attentive service. A particularly nice touch was that when we looked crestfallen at the absence of chocolate on the dessert menu the waiter came back after we'd had our four delicious desserts with a very large chocolate mousse the chef had made specially for us, with four spoons to share it. A perfect evening.

1  Thank Creative_P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

After reading trip advisor, I was very excited to just "bump" into this restaurant while exploring Krakow one evening. My boyfriend and I walked in around 9pm and they warned us a party of 10 was coming in and when we agreed that it was fine, they seated us without a problem. The atmosphere is very "old world" and even though it is in the basement of a building, it is quite hot down there!
We ordered a bottle of wine and venison perogies (dumplings) to start (delicious) and we ordered the duck with apple in saffron sauce and chateaubriand with pepper and cognac sauce.
Being from Alberta, we are pretty tough customers when it comes to red meat but this steak was just amazing and cooked perfectly at Medium rare. My duck was melt in your mouth delicious with the sauce and cooked whole apple underneath. We ordered coffee and apple/pear strudel for dessert, which was also good but not the best strudel I've had.
A fantastic start to a Friday evening in Krakow!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I made a reservation the day before. "Only one table is left." - "Is it a good table?" - "Yes, don't worry."

I arrived the next evening. I got the worst place. Next to the counter, completely alone. I complained. Answer: "A group form another table was late, so we had to change. We apologize."

So I was only a second class guest. The food was good, but I didn't enjoy it. Hopefully the group on my place enjoyed their evening. Hopefully they give a good rating.

4  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I and my wife went here on our first evening in Krakow, after a day of exhausting walking. I'd read about Cyrano de Bergerac before we started our trip and we arrived to the restaurant with high expectations, and let me tell you that we where blown away. The restaurant lies on one of the side streets of Old Town and the entrance is small but elegant. From the entrance you have to walk through a narrow corridor to the back of the building and then down a couple of stairs to the cellar where the service personnel greet you. We got a corner table with lit candles and mellow French music bouncing very nicely from the stone walls. The food was superb and we didn't have to wait for it. I had a beef tartar followed by sea trout with leek sauce. My wife had venison dumplings followed by a very nice fillet, I think it was deer. The dishes where wonderfully composed with tuches of some unusual flavors like vanilla with the sea trout. With the food we had a nice Cabernet Sauvignon. All this for 225 PLN. I really recommend this restaurant, I will probably visit it again.

1  Thank Nicklas E
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing service, the setting was brilliant and the food was lovely. Had the duck on recommendation and was not disappointed. On the expensive side for Krakow but compared to British prices it was great value. Would go back.