“Amazing food”

Neighbourhood: Stare Miasto
Ipplepen, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

All Polish cliental - apart from us. Superb food and service. Amazing value too. We shared a starter of Polish dumplings followed by pork and the tastiest cabbage I have ever had!

1 Thank Sarah D

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Very pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We were looking for some typical Polish cousine during our stay in Krakow. This restaurant offers really typical and homemade food, I felt like I was visiting my grandmom :-) Really friendly stuff, always smiling and ready to answer any question. The interiour isn´t something exclusive but I felt comfortable. Restaurant was full of local people and we really enjoyed our lunch! The price is valueable man can say even low for city center, food good and homemade,portions quite big. I personaly recommended this restaurant if you want to eat something traditional. Really nice atmosphere

• Visited March 2014
Hoganas, Sweden
“Family owned with history”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great little hole in the wall with relatively few tourists offering excellent Polish cuisine. This family owned establishment dates back twenty odd years and besides hearty food, it offers a nice, historic ambiance and very friendly staff. Think home cooked, with a twist.

Menu offers a wide variation of classic Polish dishes - especially worth trying are the Devil's pork chop, any veal course and off course the pork chop with browned cabbage. Excellent Polish beer on tap.

Very moderate prices! I come back here as often as I can!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dizzie_81
Nice, France
“Homey and good”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We spotted this place in our regular quest for dining establishments serving typical Polish dishes. The staff were extremely friendly. Our waitress (who lived for some time in the US) spoke good English and was very helpful. We liked it so much that we returned so that I could get a taste of all the dishes I wanted to try, the 'bigos' in particular. This place is great for home-style cooking and your wallet will be more than pleased. I loved Krakow and when I return, the Cechowa will be on my list of restaurants to enjoy again.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Superb hidden place”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There are times when you are abroad, that are fate.
After lunch, we walked up the wrong street, saw the menu at the Cechowa, and decided to go back at 7pm, the place was jumping at lunchtime.
We arrived at 7pm and the restuarant only had 4 other people in. As such we could pick any table we wanted.
The restuarant has quite a history and is very old fashioned, but absolutely lovely, the building was originally the site of the masters of all crafts ( somewhat like the guild hall in London ).
Enough of history, the service is superb, the restuarant is warm and cosy and offers quite a varied menu.
If you visit, which you should, I would totally recommend the potato pancakes with Goulash, totally delicious. If you like a dessert, my lovely wife had the fried Apple pie served with cream, it sounds horrible, but was superb. Two lovely ladies were front of house serving and could not do enough to help you.
I actually questioned the bill, we had, two main courses, two beers, a coke, the apple pie and a coffee, and the bill was 70 Zeloty,s, about £16.00.
If you get to Krakow, find this place.

• Visited October 2013