“Excellent choice”

Ranked #72 of 259 Hotels in Krakow
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Hotel David was in an ideal location with so much to see and do. Having looked at some of the other hotels we considered I am pleased that I made such a good choice. Everything was in walking distance but if you aren't up to walking there are trams, Krakow old town tour buses and reasonably priced taxis to hand. You can even hire a bike or car through the hotel. The restaurants/cafes etc near by were excellent, so many to choose from and brilliantly priced. The staff couldnt have been more helpful and let us leave our suitcases in a secure storage area till 5pm as our flight wasn't till 8 pm, they also booked the taxi for us which was there 20 minutes early and waited for us. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and we coouldnt have expected more.

Room Tip: We were in room 41 (top floor) that overlooked the cemetry. It was interesting to see the visitors l...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed in david hotel, very quite in the Jewish quarter. The staff couldn't do enough for you nothing to much trouble. Very clean, breakfast was nice very continental, but there is hot available. When walking to main square it didn't take long, as the weather was so hot I couldn't complain. Went on horse and cart well worth it.I would definitely recommend hotel david to my friends & family. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Krakow in November, wish it was sooner, love to stay hotel David again, I know its not far to main square, but there is plenty bars restaurants near by.hope my review helps readers.it was a surprise present for my boyfriend, as it was his birthday while we stayed in hotel

Room Tip: Rooms very comfy, some ground floors have balconies
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank saalex724
Bristol
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed here recently with a group of (mostly well behaved) college students on a trip. The accommodation was lovely, clean and well furnished rooms with lovely big modern bathrooms. There was a lift for the higher floors and all hotel staff were really helpful.
The best thing about the hotel was the area it is in. Being in the Jewish quarter the area is steeped with history, but now also has an emerging vibrant cafe/bar culture, with great venues, music and little art shops on the tucked away streets. All this and just 25 minutes walk from Krakow's beautiful main square.

Room Tip: All rooms I saw looked excellent, avoid the front rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We had not initially been booked to stay at this hotel but were transferred there after our original bookings had been cancelled. Its a lovely little hotel, a hidden gem. We had a good sized room with a balcony and tea making facilities. Very clean, bathroom spotless. Breakfast choice really excellent. Dinner not served at The David so ate out locally. Lots of good restaurants in the surrounding streets.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Linda J
Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, friendly staff, and perfect location. kazimierz is full of character and the hotel is spotlessly clean. I plan to visit krakow again next year and will stay at this hotel again. It is excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Tigerlilly78
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in May and had a really pleasant trip.

It is in a great location, in a quiet, cobbled side street in the heart of the Jewish Quarter. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - excusing my very limited Polish language skills. The hotel was very clean and tidy and I would have no hesitation recommending a stay here. My room was a double (a pleasant surprise as I was travelling alone) and was very clean and tidy. Complimentary mineral water was provided, as well as tea/coffee. There was also a fridge in the room - an unexpected bonus.

The breakfast was traditional 'continental style' - good selection of cold meats, yoghurts, fruit, bread/toast, cereal, fruit juice, tea and coffee. You can also request a selection of hot foods - scrambled eggs, etc, but I didn't try any of these.

The Old Jewish Quarter is lovely place to stay when in Krakow, and the beautiful Old Synagogue (now a museum) is just round the corner from the hotel, as are a selection of lovely restaurants and bars.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I believe the view from the top rooms at the rear of the hotel are the best. Unfortunately, these w...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GlasgieGirl
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 6 nights at the start of April. We found it through EasyJet Holidays and it was a great deal. As everyone else has said, the location is great. Krakow is an amazingly flat city (well there are a few slopes but compared to Edinburgh it's flat!) so it's really easy to walk to anywhere you want from the hotel. We had a room at the front of the hotel at the top, overlooking the street which was great. The bed looked really tiny but turned out to be fine and it was very comfy. It wasn't a huge room but it was perfect for our needs. There's no milk for tea or coffee but that seems to be cultural. I needed to use an iron and there was no problem in getting one. Breakfasts were traditional, continental and whilst there were some things I couldn't imagine eating for breakfast, there was ample food and it was all delicious. It was an immaculately clean hotel. They also have signs up asking for quiet after 10pm. There was a large group of students staying next to us and whilst they were a bit boisterous early on, they were really good about the time limit. We certainly didn't hear anyone else.

If you turn left as you leave the hotel you'll be in a square that has a number of bars and restaurants as well as the Remah Synagogue/cemetery. Bar Ariel is brilliant and excellent value. Their speciality black tea (enhanced with vodka and spices) has converted me to black tea. We went to a Klezmah concert there one evening which was excellent and again, the food was delicious. At the far end of the square is a restaurant that comprises old Jewish shops. The food was poor and the service bordered on the rude and as there are so many other places to eat, I wouldn't make the effort. Their coffee is nice though and it's ok to sit outside when the sun is shining. If you walk down the alley way at the side of that restaurant you come on the main road. Turn right and there's a small self-service cafe called Polakowski. It's won an award from Trip Advisor. The food is excellent, really filling and ridiculously cheap. We ate there about 3 times and the most we paid for 2 courses, a wine and a beer was about £13. in fact, eating out was really cheap generally apart from a couple of places up in the main square that are rip-offs. The various vodkas have to be tried - honey vodka and ginger vodka were two of my favourites.

We walked over to the Schindler Factory and it took about 20 minutes to get there. However, it takes a good couple of hours to go around it so be warned. Well worth a visit as it's also the story of Poles in Krakow as well as the Jewish story. We didn't do Auschwitz as you can't do a solitary visit at this time of year and I didn't want to be herded round in a group.

We caught the little bus at the airport to the train though realised we could easily have walked to the train. Signage is not great though. When we arrived in Krakow, we walked to the hotel. It's perfectly possible though the streets were a bit confusing at times as street names aren't always where you'd expect them to be! We got a taxi when we were going home as we couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I forget the cost but we were prepared to pay it. I got a tour of Kaziemerz in one of the little electric cars in the square near the hotel - again, not cheap but well worth it for the coverage and information.

For a hotel in the middle of a busy part of town, we found it very peaceful even at the weekend. I'd definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: It's probably less noisy if you ask for a floor higher up and you get better roof top views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple